DH weapon stats

#1KamiKazie44Posted 6/10/2012 5:38:05 PM
I'm wondering the stats that are important for a weapon or stats in general for the gear of a DH...

I'm in Inferno Act 2...

I usually look for Dex and Attack Speed... I have 2.20 APS now... 30.5K damage.

When I see weapons without high high dex/attack speed it says it lowers my attacks per second by a lot... So I see people say attack speed is useless but it lowers my attack by like 6000 and on :|...

So with that... Of course the things confuse me about how attack speed work and such.

wondering what is the best to look for? Or am I in the right group? Never had a problem till inferno act 2 lol
#2AKAIcewolfPosted 6/10/2012 5:50:38 PM
Critical hit damage

Weapons that are 1k+ usually do not have dex or if they do they are like 200 million so you either go for a socket or critical hit damage
---
Gamertag: AKAIcewolf
LoL: Vysci
#3geministarPosted 6/10/2012 5:59:10 PM
people always seem to look for dps but the most important stats are

- + damage %
- Dexterity
- IAS
- Crit %
- Crit dmg +
- Socket

In that order for Bows, and...

- +damage %
- Dexterity
- Socket
- Crit dmg +
- Crit %

For 2h Xbows.

Also understand that sharpshooter isnt true dps it is boosted by the crit chance and will reset when you crit. Thus why i prefer using bows. 15% dmg always and it is way faster. personally I have a 1300dps Xbow and a 1100 (213 dex) bow. the dex bow has more true dps than the xbow. But with the socket and the crit modifier on the xbow i have I get 280k SS dps and 50k true DPS. with my Bow I have 65k true dps and only 128k SS DPS.

In the long run of spammage and kiting. the bow wins hands down.
I hope this helps.
---
Playstation Network ID: Mikonou - Wii no. : 1396-9634-6023-0694
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 (PS3), Uncharted (Vita), Gundam vs Extreme (PS3)
#4KamiKazie44(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 6:08:12 PM
Thanks a lot - One question what is the "SS" after the number you post?

So I should look for crit chance and damage on bows with maybe some dex and if any other bonuses take it?

Well wit ha Xbow it would be good with crit chance/damage as well since xbows have that bonus as well for extra crit damage right?

Always worries me because I had a crossbow with crit % and damage that did like 1000 damage but when i put it on it was showing it took 4000 damage away from me and currently I use a

865.1 damage per second bow with 40% damage increase and 114 str 159 dex 156 life on hit and 14-28 ruby gem in the bow.

so i never understood how it worked :|
#5geministarPosted 6/10/2012 6:44:16 PM
Passive skill - Sharp Shooter

you should look for 2h Bows with +dmg % and dex first and foremost.

for example...

1) 1090 dps bow with 365-1205 true dps and 213dex

vs

2) 1200 dps bow with 211-1098 true dps and 25%ias

Bow #1 will do way more dmg than bow #2.

Also late game sockets you want to stick with emeralds for all bows.

However, people are starting to catch on that dex and dmg% is the way to go.
I got my dex bow for 7m... these days the same or slightly lower tier bows sell at 20m.
THe misconception of IAS being king is known by most people now.

IAS is only king when not on your weapon. on your weapon its actually a fake dmg multiplier.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 13-2 (PS3), Uncharted (Vita), Gundam vs Extreme (PS3)
#6KamiKazie44(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 6:51:57 PM
I put that on and I do like 31K damage and 44K damage with SS max lol...

So I think I need more crit damage?

So dex and damage % is best thing? Try for crit damage on it? since the more crit damage obv the more damage you will do with SS the higher it gets.. im guessing thats how you do so much with SS lol.

thanks.. gonna have to look at that. Yeah... I got IAS on necky/rings and gloves lol... I was thinking of changing it to crit damage or maybe get both attack speed and crit damage... your thoughts?
#7geministarPosted 6/10/2012 7:03:59 PM
crit dmg isnt ideal. with SS you only get it once ever average of 60-120seconds.
once you crit you reset to your original dps and wait again.

the ideal is to get a high true dps. one that isnt influenced by SS.

but if you absolutely like to see high numbers then you can do a nether crit build.
the goal here is to get extremely high IAS and high crit dmg.
spam nether so that the 100% crit chance stacks on all the nethers...
then watch everything just literally turn to mush.
However, after this initial shot.... you will b erunning around again to recharge crit rate.

with a bow set up,, you can stutter kite alot more effectively.
---
#8red255Posted 6/10/2012 7:06:12 PM
geministar posted...
crit dmg isnt ideal. with SS you only get it once ever average of 60-120seconds.

please go back to school
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#9geministarPosted 6/10/2012 7:10:36 PM
red255 posted...
geministar posted...

please go back to school

Please dont be a douche?
---
#10DaedalusExPosted 6/10/2012 7:11:20 PM(edited)
geministar posted...

the ideal is to get a high true dps. one that isnt influenced by SS.

but if you absolutely like to see high numbers then you can do a nether crit build.
the goal here is to get extremely high IAS and high crit dmg.
spam nether so that the 100% crit chance stacks on all the nethers...
then watch everything just literally turn to mush.
However, after this initial shot.... you will b erunning around again to recharge crit rate.

with a bow set up,, you can stutter kite alot more effectively.

^ This guy really doesn't know what he is talking about.

Crit damage is king. That doesn't mean neglect your other stats for it, but crit damage will generally have the highest returns late game. Never buy a DH weapon without either crit damage or a socket.