When/how is attack speed getting nerfed?

#1KanrakuPosted 6/10/2012 5:19:41 PM
I heard that a %AS nerf is incoming. Do we have any idea what kind of nerf it is or when it's happening? AS is still pricy on the AH and I'm wondering if my new gloves should have AS or if I should just choose a different damage stat.
#2gpo1zephyranthesPosted 6/10/2012 5:22:31 PM
They hinted that it will be on 1.0.3 which is sort of expected to be updated within this month. For the exact change, nobody knows yet but based on what Blizzard's posts, I think it will be diminishing returns if you have lots of IAS items stacked together.
#3DeathpointPosted 6/10/2012 5:26:54 PM
The wording used made it pretty clear that they wanted attack speed to not be so all encompassing. Likely that will mean they will make it no longer have an affect on certain things like animation speeds for example. Though what those things will be nobody knows. I feel like if this IAS change is handled wrong it could make the game much less fun. Lots of delay between skill use would be very annoying for me.
#4FakenicePosted 6/10/2012 5:43:44 PM
Deathpoint posted...
The wording used made it pretty clear that they wanted attack speed to not be so all encompassing. Likely that will mean they will make it no longer have an affect on certain things like animation speeds for example. Though what those things will be nobody knows. I feel like if this IAS change is handled wrong it could make the game much less fun. Lots of delay between skill use would be very annoying for me.

wtf, you made it even more confusing. attack speed not affecting animation speed.....yeah right that isnt possible. Stop spreading false info like its facts. next think you know the TC will turn ur guesses into facts and spread it to another board.
---
"why do you that?" -some gamestop employee
#5MarndosPosted 6/10/2012 5:59:49 PM
Lots of monks depend on fast attack speeds and LoH to survive the tougher difficulties, they better not **** it up that much.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#6ZweilophonePosted 6/10/2012 6:08:38 PM(edited)
Fakenice posted...
Deathpoint posted...

wtf, you made it even more confusing. attack speed not affecting animation speed.....yeah right that isnt possible. Stop spreading false info like its facts. next think you know the TC will turn ur guesses into facts and spread it to another board.

Someone has his panties all up in a bunch....

But when reading about 1.03, that's the vibe that I got too.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog
---
Percussion is my passion. Xylophone, Vibraphone, Tenors, or Bass Drum. I love them all <3
#7viajarvPosted 6/10/2012 6:15:10 PM
Animation speed as in the frames it takes for someone like DH to pull out her xbow, and the frames after a single attack it takes for her to "re-sheath" it.

Pretty ridiculous since IAS and breakpoints were huge factors to a couple of classes in d2
#8paradoxworldPosted 6/10/2012 7:14:30 PM
Blizzard favors the idea of just reducing IAS on future items. Diminishing returns would involve a hidden statistic. Blizzard believes people hate hidden stats (which they do).

But it is still in the air as to what they will actually do.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ah5rhk.gif
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#9DeathpointPosted 6/10/2012 7:18:20 PM
Fakenice posted...

I didn't say they were going to change animation speeds but I used that as an example of a mechanic that could be changed as Blizzard specifically said they are not happy with how broad of an effect IAS has on the game. Animation speeds was something Blizzard themselves used as an example. That is not a guess it is a fact. Their article reads as such. Again nowhere am I saying that I know what they are going to end up doing.
#10havok718Posted 6/10/2012 7:21:52 PM(edited)
The animation speed is your attack speed. What they'll do is simply reduce the max of 25% IAS ( think that's max, at least on weapon) to 10% or something per item. Why would they conjure up something any more complicated than that?