Rollback does not mean that the entire server gets reset to x days ago

#21MacrossSpecialPosted 6/11/2012 11:50:41 PM

funny, because that is what i and everyone else in my industry take it to mean. i guess we will see what happens; whether this is just another thing that you will be wrong about.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#22thronedfire2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 11:52:03 PM
MacrossSpecial posted...

funny, because that is what i and everyone else in my industry take it to mean. i guess we will see what happens; whether this is just another thing that you will be wrong about.

No one from Blizzard has used the term rollback. Random people on the internet(and maybe a google translation) have.
---
A book hasn't given me this much trouble since Where's Waldo went to that barber shop pole factory!
#23Sonorous_Jon1S8Posted 6/11/2012 11:52:44 PM
Pretty sure a rollback can encompass solitary things like one item type or just a complete reset of everything to a certain time period.
#24scph9002sterPosted 6/11/2012 11:53:00 PM
Just so you know, gold as no item id so it cant be detected as dupe the same way duped items in d2 got detected.
---
2500k @ 4.5ghz | Asus 7970 @ 1125/1575 | 8gb Ripjawsx @ 2133 cl9 | P8Z68 V Pro/Gen3 | Vertex 3 120gb max iops ed ssd
#25StandardPhantomPosted 6/11/2012 11:54:16 PM
thronedfire2 posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...

No one from Blizzard has used the term rollback. Random people on the internet(and maybe a google translation) have.

They use it all the time, because thats what its called.

Any time there is a server rollback, they call it a server rollback.

Any time there is a personal rollback, they call it a personal rollback.
#26thronedfire2(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2012 11:58:07 PM
StandardPhantom posted...
thronedfire2 posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...

Ok, I obviously meant no one from Blizzard has used the term about this situation.

Nice try though.
---
A book hasn't given me this much trouble since Where's Waldo went to that barber shop pole factory!
#27GraybesPosted 6/11/2012 11:59:40 PM
thronedfire2 posted...
thronedfire2 posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...

Ok, I obviously meant no one from Blizzard has used the term about this situation.

Nice try though.

It's funny because the translated blue post never mentions the word rollback or really anything that can be seen as a rollback but the article is titled "massive rollback" lol

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/asian-diablo-3-realm-massive-rollback-to-remove-dupes
---
Responding to trolls since 2003.
#28StandardPhantomPosted 6/12/2012 12:00:01 AM
thronedfire2 posted...
thronedfire2 posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...

Nice try though.

Is that even a complete thought? If it is care to explain? Also, how was whatever you just said (if anything) obvious?
#29ExiretPosted 6/12/2012 12:02:11 AM
So he uses the word "rollback" in the title knowing full well what it means and then argues that no one has confirmed that it is happening. Bravo TC, you continue to think rollback means something it isn't.
#30MonopomanPosted 6/12/2012 12:03:58 AM
X ProwL posted...
Blizzard banning players? Please.

We all know nothing is going to happen.

Yeah they never banned a single person from WoW.

.....Oh wait yes they did!

http://www.macworld.com/article/1043640/wow.html

Jesus the misinformation on gamefaqs is ridiculous. Blizzard bans people from their games all the damn time.