How the hell can any fake item be worth more than $1?

#51Hard_BoiledPosted 6/13/2012 6:35:45 AM
That's hilarious.

SnakeEyes170 posted...
Hard_Boiled posted...
I'll make it simple for you since you are a simpleton.

It is no different than you spending money on a crappy game like MK9 or UMVC. Both of those games suck ass.

MK9_Prodigy posted...
you beat around the bush like in every post you've had. EXPLAIN YOUR decision. I

and no different than you buying a fermi lmao

---
i7-2600, 8GB RAM, GTX 580, Win7(64-bit)
#52MK9_ProdigyPosted 6/13/2012 6:36:56 AM
BelgarathGFRPG posted...
So you don't think it's dumb to buy a game for 60 bucks, then pay 250 on items? No? Really?

how is that not stupid? I'll level with you. how is spending over 3 times the actual games value to get slightly better at said game with in game items not stupid? Explain plz.

EDIT: ESPECIALLY Since this entire game is grinding for loot and gold.

Please, explain.

Who are you to quantify someones enjoyment? What are your hobbies outside of gaming? How much money a year do you spend on said hobbies? What if the only game he is going to play in the next 2 years in Diablo 3 while you spend $1,000 dollars over the course of 2 years on different games you play, does that make you an idiot for spending that much more money than him on video games over the course of the same time period? Seriously, I expect most of these posts are from people under the age of 20 who have no idea of intrinsic value.

Lol.

How is spending 60 dollars on a game, then 250 on in-game items not stupid.

No one has come up with a logical choice of words to answer this statement. When you do, I'll be back to say sorry. Saying "I like to" doesn't justify such a bone-headed move. Ask your parents, friends, etc. who don't play this game if that is stupid and they will laugh in your face because....it's stupid.

Better yet....a diablo title. Lol. I might as well buy a shooting game, and then buy the best gun so I can be the best, yay. Now I can kill everyone regardless if I did anything because I'm the best. Or better yet, a shooter where the entire objective is to kill people to find the best weapons. Do you not get how this diminishes the game?

Come up with a decent answer, not just "I will spend money on what I want to" or something along those lines. A legit, thought-out, logical answer.
---
Psn: JDM6413 Mains: Reptile,Scorpion,Kabal (MK9) Zero/Dante/Taskmaster (UMVC3)
~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#53paradicio12Posted 6/13/2012 6:39:06 AM
MK9_Prodigy posted...
BelgarathGFRPG posted...
So you don't think it's dumb to buy a game for 60 bucks, then pay 250 on items? No? Really?

how is that not stupid? I'll level with you. how is spending over 3 times the actual games value to get slightly better at said game with in game items not stupid? Explain plz.

Please, explain.

Who are you to quantify someones enjoyment? What are your hobbies outside of gaming? How much money a year do you spend on said hobbies? What if the only game he is going to play in the next 2 years in Diablo 3 while you spend $1,000 dollars over the course of 2 years on different games you play, does that make you an idiot for spending that much more money than him on video games over the course of the same time period? Seriously, I expect most of these posts are from people under the age of 20 who have no idea of intrinsic value.

Lol.

No one has come up with a logical choice of words to answer this statement. When you do, I'll be back to say sorry. Saying "I like to" doesn't justify such a bone-headed move. Ask your parents, friends, etc. who don't play this game if that is stupid and they will laugh in your face because....it's stupid.

Better yet....a diablo title. Lol. I might as well buy a shooting game, and then buy the best gun so I can be the best, yay. Now I can kill everyone regardless if I did anything because I'm the best. Or better yet, a shooter where the entire objective is to kill people to find the best weapons. Do you not get how this diminishes the game?

Come up with a decent answer, not just "I will spend money on what I want to" or something along those lines. A legit, thought-out, logical answer.

NEWSFLASH: People can buy anything they want and you cant stop them
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#54Hard_BoiledPosted 6/13/2012 6:39:44 AM
Just stick to playing a crappy game like Mortal Kombat. That is more your speed, comprehension, and attention level.

Do you make more than minimum wage?

MK9_Prodigy posted...

---
#55VeiledGenesis(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 6:40:17 AM
Hard_Boiled posted...
Stick to machining.

VeiledGenesis posted...
Hard_Boiled posted...
Calling things "intangible" is a slippery slope in 2012, just so you know. It suggests that an item only maintains value if you can see and touch it. The world is becoming a virtual community and it is about time you came on board, especially somebody who is in the aerospace field.

VeiledGenesis posted...
I still cannot justify spending that much on anything intangible, especially if it WILL be replaced before long.

I don't really know how to respond to this, especially the last comment. I'm a machinist, so everything I do is very tangible.

What is that supposed to mean?
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#56Hard_BoiledPosted 6/13/2012 6:40:51 AM
It means "stick to machining".

VeiledGenesis posted...
Hard_Boiled posted...
Stick to machining.

VeiledGenesis posted...
Hard_Boiled posted...
Calling things "intangible" is a slippery slope in 2012, just so you know. It suggests that an item only maintains value if you can see and touch it. The world is becoming a virtual community and it is about time you came on board, especially somebody who is in the aerospace field.

VeiledGenesis posted...
I still cannot justify spending that much on anything intangible, especially if it WILL be replaced before long.

I don't really know how to respond to this, especially the last comment. I'm a machinist, so everything I do is very tangible.

What is that supposed to mean?

---
#57thousandinonePosted 6/13/2012 6:41:00 AM
I don't see a problem with this.

People pay lawyers TONS of money, and the only thing they produce is a cloud of BS that _might_ get you off the hook or land you some cash.
#58MK9_ProdigyPosted 6/13/2012 6:42:01 AM
paradicio12 posted...
MK9_Prodigy posted...
BelgarathGFRPG posted...

Please, explain.

Lol.

NEWSFLASH: People can buy anything they want and you cant stop them

Didn't refute a single thing. I know that, and they are welcome to, but they can't justify now can they?

Hard_Boiled posted...
Just stick to playing a crappy game like Mortal Kombat. That is more your speed, comprehension, and attention level.

Do you make more than minimum wage?

MK9_Prodigy posted...

Now you're just plain trolling boy, get some better arguments. You can't refute a single thing, you look like a moron, and you spent 250 dollars on items you'll never get anything from. Sorry bro, looks like I won this one. Enjoy your items. Lol.
---
~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~
#59VeiledGenesis(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2012 6:42:50 AM
Hard_Boiled posted...
It means "stick to machining".

Again, what is that supposed to mean? How does my job have anything to actually do with the topic at hand?
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#60MK9_ProdigyPosted 6/13/2012 6:43:51 AM
thousandinone posted...
I don't see a problem with this.

People pay lawyers TONS of money, and the only thing they produce is a cloud of BS that _might_ get you off the hook or land you some cash.

Good gawd. The idiocy burns my eyes.

You can not be serious... A lawyer, who may win you money over your pain and suffering (not that I like lawyers, but come on) or get you out of prison, which can save you years off your life, not only that but save you from being a convicted felon, effectively ruining the rest of your life...

please, be trolling man. Please.
---
~~~~~PRODIGY~~~~~~