Bought a Justice Lantern earlier...kind of annoyed

#1GraybesPosted 6/14/2012 12:37:44 AM
I'm annoyed that in order to survive as a barb in inferno Acts 3/4 I need to purchase a largely expensive required level 50 ring where the only good stat on it really is 11% block. It really sucks that I need to spend that much money for a ring that I only really want for one stat.

Disclaimers:
-I know I didn't need to purchase the ring but I'm not going to go back to hell difficulty just to search for one certain legendary ring.

-I know Justice Lantern isn't MANDATORY but it's one of those items now that FEELS like a necessity.

-I know the other stats on Justice Lantern are good stats but the fact that it's a low tiered item means all my other stats will take a hit in order to use it.

Does anyone share this feeling of mine? Even if it's just the annoyed feeling of it seeming like as a barb you need to have certain legendary items in order to be successful?
---
Responding to trolls since 2003.
#2DevistroPosted 6/14/2012 12:42:07 AM
String of ears?
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#3ShadowGomamonPosted 6/14/2012 12:43:38 AM
Get a good shield with high base block chance, and high block amount, throw on a justice lantern and helm of command, and your survivability goes up quite considerably.

I'd argue both are mandatory. Block is really underrated.
---
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Birds go Cheep Cheep! ~
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Fishes go Glub Glub! ~
#4Graybes(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 12:45:23 AM
Quote:Get a good shield with high base block chance, and high block amount, throw on a justice lantern and helm of command, and your survivability goes up quite considerably.

I'd argue both are mandatory. Block is really underrated.

@ShadowGomamon
well that's the thing you need all these legendary items. I know how storm shield, helm of command, justice lantern and string of ears... What other class is almost forced to use specific items like this?
---
#5St0rmFuryPosted 6/14/2012 12:47:24 AM
Monk probably. Dodge can only help so much.
---
"Average Joe" is a trolling term since it's completely an opinion. "Overachieving" is also an opinion. - SBAllen (Hellhole: 52458377)
#6ShadowGomamonPosted 6/14/2012 12:47:25 AM
Well thats a perk of being a melee char. You need the gear to go toe to toe.
---
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Birds go Cheep Cheep! ~
Chi-Pa-Pa! Chi-Pa-Pa! Fishes go Glub Glub! ~
#7Graybes(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 12:51:12 AM
Quote:Well thats a perk of being a melee char. You need the gear to go toe to toe.
@ShadowGomamon
I do love being a barb though :) I actually had a wizard and switched to barb and have all my items to my friend. I like being in the fray instead of kiting and running.

I guess I should be happy though since needing to acquire certain unique items makes the game more like diablo 2.
---