hard to sell items for real money

#1tekken56Posted 6/14/2012 8:01:54 AM
Hey guys its hard for me to sell items for real money. I have some items from act 1 inferno but their not.selling. either the auction house is packed or ppl are looking to buy items pass act 1 inferno.
#2TheBeastWithinPosted 6/14/2012 8:03:20 AM
People only want good items. Your junk from Act 1 is not appealing.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#3SmishhhPosted 6/14/2012 8:03:28 AM
Or people just don't want to pay the price you set for what you are offering.
#4BiglabronPosted 6/14/2012 8:03:48 AM
tekken56 posted...
Hey guys its hard for me to sell items for real money. I have some items from act 1 inferno but their not.selling. either the auction house is packed or ppl are looking to buy items pass act 1 inferno.

Thats how a loot game works. you should only be putting really good loot up on RMAH.

Gold will be for expenses/small purchases.

battle.net currency will become the main stay for really good items.
---
Some people don't even know consoles are made by PC's, "palms face".
#5Hell0nEarthPosted 6/14/2012 8:04:18 AM
their not.selling

*they're
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6angermngment101Posted 6/14/2012 8:05:49 AM
You dont know what to sell. Thats your problem.

I sold absolute crap over the last 2 days for 7-5 dollars each.

You just gotta know what sells, and what doesnt.

Quivers for example: Never sell, unless they have godly stats
Weapons: Wont sell unless they are 800+ DPS with good stats.

You gotta know who you are competing with also... You cant expect to sell garbage for 2 dollars when 100 other people are selling garbage for 1 dollar.
---
Diablo 3 is already boring... Such a disappointment.
#7nicholash7Posted 6/14/2012 8:12:50 AM
Chances are you won't find anything in Act I Inferno right now that's worth much anyways. Maybe some things, but most items will end up being vendor trash. You could most likely sell some of the items in the gold AH.

Best way that I've been able to find to sell stuff on the AH is to look at the top 3 stats for the item, keeping in mind how well they go together (a monk specific weapon should have a combination dex, life on hit, socket, and/or attack speed, etc). Filter for the values of those three stats, and then look for something similar to what you're selling, and adjust the price accordingly. Usually undershooting your price a bit helps. If everyone else is selling something for 300k gold, then try to sell yours for 275k or so.
#8CultOfCiderPosted 6/14/2012 8:16:02 AM
i priced all of my garbage as low as possible.
Apparently it IS garbage.
---
---
#9lethalpnoiPosted 6/14/2012 8:16:43 AM
Sold an amulet with 30 all resist, 70 vit, and 15% ias for $40.

Sold some lacuni prowlers for $29.99

Both found doing jailer/butcher runs with 250% MF. Act 1 can drop good stuff.
---
https://steamcommunity.com/id/lethalpnoi
#10tekken56(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 8:06:41 AM
Yeah weapons are hard to find that type of dmg I found a legendary last night. Righbecause itS hard because I'm playing bar and using sword and shield sucx. But I will keep this in mind :)