Why do fanboys get offended when someone says Blizzard can do better?

#11GraybesPosted 6/15/2012 1:21:26 PM
george43 posted...
Graybes posted...
Oh wait it's george43....The guy who was praising Diablo 2 and has never played the game in his life.

I still have the original boxes and associated players guide.

At least I am not brainwashed into thinking Diablo has to fit a certain mold because the first 2 diablos actually broke the mold.

lol I'm sure you do buddy.

george43: "Guys Diablo 2 was so amazing why does Diablo 3 have to suck so bad with this short campaign?!?!?"

LOLOL never played a diablo game in his life.
---
Responding to trolls since 2003.
#12angermngment101Posted 6/15/2012 1:22:27 PM
ITT: People can't understand the difference between defending something you like about a game and rabidly denying that the game has any mistakes.

Whats funny is that when someone has a valid complaint all they have to say is "we love that part of the game", and the difference between defending something you love and fanboyism can be very hard to distinguish.
---
Diablo 3 is already boring... Such a disappointment.
#13GraybesPosted 6/15/2012 1:22:56 PM
redness19 posted...
Graybes posted...
Why is everyone that defends the game and/or Blizzard a fanboy?

If they're defending the story or the online only then they must be a fanboy. Objectively and subjectively, I can't find anything to praise the story on. They constantly shove exposition down your throat with cutscenes and I saw Adria coming from the sewers. And the online only has not stopped hackers, it won't stop hackers, it's DRM plain and simple.

What about people who don't defend the story or online only but just don't give a damn about either because they don't affect my enjoyment of the game?
---
#14george43(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 1:22:59 PM
Graybes posted...
george43 posted...
Graybes posted...
Oh wait it's george43....The guy who was praising Diablo 2 and has never played the game in his life.

At least I am not brainwashed into thinking Diablo has to fit a certain mold because the first 2 diablos actually broke the mold.

george43: "Guys Diablo 2 was so amazing why does Diablo 3 have to suck so bad with this short campaign?!?!?"

You have got to have taken your stupid pills this morning.

D2's campaign was fine for its period of time. It's now a decade later and Blizzard hasn';t improved at all on their campaign formula.
#15Cool_Dude667Posted 6/15/2012 1:24:08 PM
george43 posted...
Graybes posted...
george43 posted...
Graybes posted...

D2's campaign was fine for its period of time. It's now a decade later and Blizzard hasn';t improved at all on their campaign formula.

/facepalm
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-6iNzwXEg0
#16jfernattPosted 6/15/2012 1:24:12 PM
"What about people who don't defend the story or online only but just don't give a damn about either because they don't affect my enjoyment of the game?"

I don't think he ever called the above a fanboy. Why are you under the impression that he did?
#17BelgarathGFRPGPosted 6/15/2012 1:27:13 PM
You can easily defend online without being a fanboy. No it doesn't stop hackers 100% but if you think the hacking/botting going on in D3 is anywhere near D2 levels you're just being blind for the sake of hating on the game.
#18GraybesPosted 6/15/2012 1:27:51 PM
george43 posted...
Graybes posted...
george43 posted...
Graybes posted...

Because diablo main draw isn't playing the game for the amazing, lengthy, ever so engrossing story. It's about going through the acts, the difficulty levels and farming loot for your characters. It's about gearing your characters to be the best they could be. The fact that you want these lengthy campaigns makes me wonder if you have even played Diablo 3! Why would you ever want long campaigns in this game? Do you not understand that you need to go through the entire game 3 times in order to reach the part that most diablo players actually care about?

I think you need to go back to your Mass Effects and Skyrims where the story and campaign is the main draw of the game.
---
#19angermngment101Posted 6/15/2012 1:29:26 PM(edited)
I think you need to go back to your Mass Effects and Skyrims where the story and campaign is the main draw of the game.

IT IS?

WHAT?

Which Skyrim IS THAT? Not MY SKYRIM!

EDIT: Over 100 hours in, and I havent touched the story/campaign much.
---
Diablo 3 is already boring... Such a disappointment.
#20GraybesPosted 6/15/2012 1:29:03 PM
jfernatt posted...
"What about people who don't defend the story or online only but just don't give a damn about either because they don't affect my enjoyment of the game?"

I don't think he ever called the above a fanboy. Why are you under the impression that he did?

No I'm not saying he did lol. I'm just asking because it's my position on the game and those subjects and I've been called a fanboy many times because of that position.
---