What does NV mean?

#11kuroakamonPosted 6/17/2012 11:39:53 PM
i just reached lvl 60 and before i venture into inferno (tested, takes 6 hits to take out the very first zombie lol), i've been farming NV stacks, hell mode, a3: Heart of Sin (forget which quest), part 2, Tower of Sin or something.. first time I did it, there were exactly 5 packs of elites before reaching Azmodan, though for some reason one of the elites didn't count so i went in with a stack of 4

did it again and was able to find 6 - 7 packs (i forget) of which each after the 5 yielded me a rare, and then 3 from Azmo. that being said, the quality of the rares weren't all that great either. found stuff could mayb AH, but not be used by myself.

it's not a bad run, and the boss fights are alright. might try to do entire act 2, or 3 sometime soon. and see if it's funner hehe
#12darkestmercPosted 6/17/2012 11:52:50 PM
kuroakamon posted...
first time I did it, there were exactly 5 packs of elites before reaching Azmodan, though for some reason one of the elites didn't count so i went in with a stack of 4

If an elite pack is not randomly generated then it will not give you a stack.
For example, the pre scripted elite that attacks you after you acquire Kulles head would not give you a stack of NV.
---
PSN: Darkestmerc
Xbox 360 GT: Darkermerc
#13kuroakamonPosted 6/18/2012 12:08:31 AM
^^ ahh, thanks for that. although that elite i mentioned that i didn't get a stack from wasn't a pre-scripted one either though because on my second or third run throughs, i didn't see the same one again. though can't be sure, will check again.

that makes sense though!
#14GraybesPosted 6/18/2012 12:13:22 AM
Also just to let you guys in on a little tip I found out. In the halls of agony you come across some sets of dark cultists. They have different formations. The ones that stand around that dark puddle and summon dogs, the ones that stand there and turn into thralls and then there is a formation where 3 cultists are standing around another cultist labeled as a "human vessel" or something...You come across a bunch of these. If you make sure not to attack them and wait there for about 20 seconds or so that middle cultist (the human vessel) turns into an elite thrall! It's a single elite monster that gives you a NV stack and drops loot.
---
Responding to trolls since 2003.