I bring to you, The Community Manager of Diablo 3/Blizzard and his comments.

#41DlaisPosted 6/20/2012 6:21:35 PM
RetroDruid posted...
tell me he didn't say a player was bad for dying 40 times and to play other content...

what a douche bag.

uhm.. no he didn't say that and aside from that he is correct. if you're dying over and over again you're gear is probably not good enough for whatever you're trying to do.
---
Initiate the self-destruct sequence! Code: 1-2-3!
#42goldfindboyPosted 6/20/2012 6:22:08 PM
Watermelon:

"I have been gaming for a lot of years and i must say i have never seen a more scum bag mod in any game ever you my friend need therapy and a job that does not involve you speaking to the public Blizzard not firing you just shows how little they care about their customers. "
#43JumalaccaPosted 6/20/2012 6:23:44 PM
I'm very much against Bashiok as a CM, but these responses really aren't bad. There are plenty more out there you can find that are better to use against him.
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid
#44HighOnPhazonPosted 6/20/2012 6:27:56 PM
TheJCBand posted...
Ever notice how the tone of Bashiok's posts is exactly the same as all the mindless Blizzard Defense Force posts?

You mean egotistical with a dash of cynicism? Yeah I agree.
---
Diablo 3 Inferno Mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyk63UaBI4
GT: AncientToaster
#45DlaisPosted 6/20/2012 6:28:25 PM
TheJCBand posted...
popliyo posted...
TheJCBand posted...
Ever notice how the tone of Bashiok's posts is exactly the same as all the mindless Blizzard Defense Force posts?

So im curious, since you are putting us on two sides of an issue, what exactly is my mindset? What's yours? If the game is so bad, why am i enjoying myself? Why have i BEEN enjoying myself? Why must i be considered a "Defense Force" if i enjoy this game?

Hell, do i think companies like CDProjekt are great for what they do for their fans? Of course i do. But i play games for fun. This game is fun for me, every single thing about it is fun for me. I love loot. I love killing monsters. I love challenge. Honestly i can say without a doubt this game took less of a learning curve than Monster Hunter did.

I am GENUINELY curious, WHY do you label people as part of the "Blizzard Defense Force" when the only thing being portrayed is that they enjoy a game you dont, yet CONTINUE TO PLAY? Does it get under my skin a bit? Yea, a little. After all, you are lumping me into a group of people for the offense of enjoying something. That's really low.

"Mindless Blizzard Defense Force posts" does not refer to people who enjoy the game. It refers to people who say things like:

"Got hacked? Should have had an authenticator."
"Getting hacked was entirely your fault for giving away your password."
"Don't like the new repair costs? Learn to stop dying so much."
"Can't stop dying? Don't try content you aren't geared for."
"Online-only is to prevent hacks and dupes."
"You agreed to the ToS that said they could nerf the item you paid $250 for."
"They are allowed to change their minds about pots containing items."
"Diablo 2 was worse at launch."
And much more.

All of the things you listed (except the last one maybe) are more or less correct. I don't really get your point.
---
Initiate the self-destruct sequence! Code: 1-2-3!
#46Renegade109Posted 6/20/2012 6:30:48 PM
not fighting those very hard combos is an option

lol.

Fast. Teleport. Vortex. Molten. Fire Chains.

Etc etc
---
http://i.imgur.com/PELu7.png
What are YOU playing?
#47ddrboy54Posted 6/20/2012 6:32:48 PM
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Karmic Dragon2003 posted...
Hey guys I just started playing Ninja Gaiden Black on the hardest difficulty and I keep getting Game Over'd in the first enemy encounter in the game, what do you suggest I do?

You can start by actually contributing in a topic instead of trolling 99% of the time. That's a good first step. Or you know, zip your lip.

On Topic - This guy really is a pretty poor CM. Regardless of his personal feelings, he really needs to serve the info a little better. Frustrated players aren't going to think any better of Blizz when these kinds of responses are given - valid or not.

Oh, my bad.

Ok guys so I just started getting into mountain-climbing. However, I have Austfilicus Disophicus and as such I should in no circumstance be higher up than 4,500 meters. I've been looking at some 6000+ meter mountains to climb but that would pretty much be a guaranteed death for me. Should I stick to mountains on which I would not die while attempting to climb or should I shoot for one of the 6000+ meter ones?

Thanks in advance.

First, you fall down on your back and kick your legs and scream until somebody installs an escalator or cuts 2000 meters from the top of the mountain for you.

Second, you comment on how anybody climbing passed 4,500 are exploiting because they don't share your handicap.

Last, you call everybody that tells you to stop being stupid a mountain fanboy.
---
Upon the Blasted Plains, Zerthimon told Gith there cannot be two skies. In the wake of his words, came war.
#48poweryogaPosted 6/20/2012 6:34:59 PM
considering how breaking pots don't drop items any more, "damaged" that philosophy is putting it lightly.
#49saLUEtesPosted 6/20/2012 6:35:10 PM
Dlais posted...
TheJCBand posted...
popliyo posted...
TheJCBand posted...

So im curious, since you are putting us on two sides of an issue, what exactly is my mindset? What's yours? If the game is so bad, why am i enjoying myself? Why have i BEEN enjoying myself? Why must i be considered a "Defense Force" if i enjoy this game?

Hell, do i think companies like CDProjekt are great for what they do for their fans? Of course i do. But i play games for fun. This game is fun for me, every single thing about it is fun for me. I love loot. I love killing monsters. I love challenge. Honestly i can say without a doubt this game took less of a learning curve than Monster Hunter did.

I am GENUINELY curious, WHY do you label people as part of the "Blizzard Defense Force" when the only thing being portrayed is that they enjoy a game you dont, yet CONTINUE TO PLAY? Does it get under my skin a bit? Yea, a little. After all, you are lumping me into a group of people for the offense of enjoying something. That's really low.

"Mindless Blizzard Defense Force posts" does not refer to people who enjoy the game. It refers to people who say things like:

"Got hacked? Should have had an authenticator."
"Getting hacked was entirely your fault for giving away your password."
"Don't like the new repair costs? Learn to stop dying so much."
"Can't stop dying? Don't try content you aren't geared for."
"Online-only is to prevent hacks and dupes."
"You agreed to the ToS that said they could nerf the item you paid $250 for."
"They are allowed to change their minds about pots containing items."
"Diablo 2 was worse at launch."
And much more.

All of the things you listed (except the last one maybe) are more or less correct. I don't really get your point.

It's the mindless Blizzard bashing force in effect; any statement not crucifying Blizzard (no matter how accurate) must be attacked,
---
One of the rational heads of the MapleStory board
Logic, Fairness and Impartiality
#50awwwSNAPPosted 6/20/2012 6:35:17 PM
lol so wait - if you are dying a bunch, and someone tells you to stick to content you can handle, that hurts your feelings? That makes them the Blizzard Defense Force? For telling you to stick to things you are capable of handling?

Do you think this game is about deathzerging through the acts, or were you one of the kids who played sports in the leagues that didn't keep score because it would make the losers sad?