This game is dying, What is the next game? Dark Souls?

#11LockeDaemonfirePosted 6/21/2012 7:55:33 AM
Dark Souls sure, but then the people who are upset with Inferno now will see it's not only harder, but has much higher penalties for dying than these repair costs. So they'll all rage even more, and then come back :P

(Just a joke, I know the difficulty styles are much different, ie. not a gear check.)
#12FakenicePosted 6/21/2012 7:55:48 AM
hmmm is dark souls the sequel to demon souls? isnt that game already out?
---
"why do you that?" -some gamestop employee
#13p06111981Posted 6/21/2012 7:58:19 AM
Fakenice posted...

not on PC
#14TjmaximusPosted 6/21/2012 7:59:26 AM
There's tons of games as long as you are open to variety.

I'm playing Crusader Kings 2 mostly right now, hopefully finish my current playthrough before the expansion is out.

Thinking about giving Heroes of Might and Magic 5 a second go, or if I should play KotOR 2 with the restoration mod (restores the intended ending that was messed up thanks to the publishers rushing the game) or another Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines run with the Final Nights mod.

Lots of stuff really, especially with Steam summer sale if you are into that, it'll be nice for picking up old games you missed or weren't interested in when they were new.

Also, if you like D3, there's Krater now and Tourchlight 2 soon, and farther down the line Grim Dawn.
#15spectre1982Posted 6/21/2012 7:59:44 AM
Fakenice posted...

dark is a spiritual sequel ... forgot why i think it has something with sony owning the demons souls franchise or something. you can pick it up for 15 dollars most likely and have the time of your life.
---
PSN spectre1006
It's not until you lose everything, that you are free to do anything.
#16RWashington2005(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 8:00:32 AM
The best thing about PC is that you can dupe, hack, mod, etc.
#17Lord BladePosted 6/21/2012 8:06:12 AM
I have LEGO Batman 2. It's kickass.

I have Crusader Kings 2. It's friggin hard, but a lot of fun.

I want Dark Souls for PC. Unfortunately it's using the GFWL garbage for online... which sucks a lot. But I'm happy to have it on PC, even if I can just play solo.

There's Darksiders 2 coming, which after playing it at E3, is insane. It's an all around improvement over the original. They even included a "Diablo style" loot system, where you can find random gear with various bonuses on it to better customize your character. Except in that game good gear actually drops. :p

And of course, there's the game that's basically an improvement over Diablo 3 in pretty much every way (except graphically, but that's more a matter of taste): Torchlight 2.
It's friggin' sweeeeeet!
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#18WuminPosted 6/21/2012 8:17:40 AM
Death in Dark Souls is usually related to skill and being careless...

Death in Diablo3 is usually related to how expensive your gears are...
#19FakenicePosted 6/21/2012 8:18:58 AM
omg dark soul coming to pc? when?
---
"why do you that?" -some gamestop employee
#20SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/21/2012 8:24:04 AM
I have my doubts on TL2. The first one was extremely boring and mediocre in every way. At least the combat in D3 was much more fun than in TL.

I don't see any reason to assume that TL2 will be any different.
---
Despite having beaten NetHack and ADOM, according to the Internet I'm a casual for preferring D3 over D2.