This game is dying, What is the next game? Dark Souls?

#31MrPlanktonPosted 6/21/2012 9:20:33 AM
aiiirik posted...
RENNELS posted...
Obligatory Dark Souls appreciation post.

This.

Also I'm slightly worried at how much the PC version will be hacked and botted to death. But I am way more excited for the new content than I am worried. Also mods will make the game live way longer.

Good stuff.

There isn't going to be any mod support. I wouldn't expect to see anything beyond HD textures.
---
"They failed me, every last one of them. They were strong, but saw not the truth. I am certain that you will prove different." - Darkstalker Kaathe
#32Lord BladePosted 6/21/2012 9:20:55 AM
Also I'm slightly worried at how much the PC version will be hacked and botted to death. But I am way more excited for the new content than I am worried. Also mods will make the game live way longer.

You mean like Diablo 3 is?
OH!
---
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens
#33SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/21/2012 9:22:11 AM
aiiirik posted...
RENNELS posted...

This.

Good stuff.

I don't see how hacking/botting would affect a game without an economy and with static loot stats.
---
Despite having beaten NetHack and ADOM, according to the Internet I'm a casual for preferring D3 over D2.
#34westergoonPosted 6/21/2012 9:22:28 AM
Come join us dirty console peasants and play Dark Souls!

Joking aside, whatever your platform of choice may be Dark Souls is a game worth playing. It has some of the best combat mechanics ever and the story is fed in just the right amounts to keep you going. Once you get bored with pve and co-op there is a whole meta-game built around pvp. The nuances of each weapon and spell will keep you going for hundreds of hours. I can't directly answer for the Xbox community but the ps3 is very active, especially during Japanese prime time hours... and judging from the number twitch streams, the 360 has a solid group of players as well.
---
PSN - westergoon, because I'm tall... and goonish...
#35aiiirikPosted 6/21/2012 9:24:12 AM(edited)
Sinfullyvannila posted...
aiiirik posted...
RENNELS posted...

This.

Good stuff.

I don't see how hacking/botting would affect a game without an economy and with static loot stats.

PvP. Which is what the whole game is about when you already completed it 100 times.

There isn't going to be any mod support. I wouldn't expect to see anything beyond HD textures.

Sadness! :(
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#36Parsl5kPosted 6/21/2012 9:26:13 AM
aiiirik posted...
PvP. Which is what the whole game is about when you already completed it 100 times.

This is true for me at least.

Also, I posted this in the other thread:

Let's get this straight about Dark Souls. It's not the framerate or the "difficulty" that ruined the game. It's the:

-Godawful backstab mechanics (which are even easier to do in PvP than they could be done in DeS)
-Consequences of easy-to-obtain Poise, paired with the backstab mechanics
-From Soft's inability to reasonably nerf/buff mechanics, weapons, etc.

Framerate issues should be the least of your concerns. You'll understand when you get the game on release day and are invaded by experienced console PvPers who are all too willing to show you said backstab mechanics.
#37SinfullyvannilaPosted 6/21/2012 9:30:13 AM(edited)
aiiirik posted...
aiiirik posted...
RENNELS posted...

This.

Good stuff.

Yeah, but how would it affect that? You can hack your stats, but that would just raise your level, which wouldn't really accomplish much since PVP is matched based on level. I'd imagine since the gear is static, I'd imagine they wouldn't be able to hack it past maximum upgrade. The only thing hacking would accomplish is saving farming time.
---
Despite having beaten NetHack and ADOM, according to the Internet I'm a casual for preferring D3 over D2.
#38HAAH_WAAWPosted 6/21/2012 9:30:28 AM
Torchlight 2.

.........................lol
#39shadowsofdawnPosted 6/21/2012 9:32:14 AM
The first time you invade somebody and use the dragon slayer great bow (giant bow that shoots spear-sized arrow) off of a cliff, you will be hooked.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#40aiiirikPosted 6/21/2012 9:32:29 AM
aiiirik posted...
aiiirik posted...
RENNELS posted...

This.

Good stuff.

Yeah, but how would it affect that? You can hack your stats, but that would just raise your level, which wouldn't really accomplish much since PVP is matched based on level. I'd imagine since the gear is static, they wouldn't be able to hack it past maximum upgrade. The only thing hacking would accomplish is saving farming time.

Honestly, I don't really have any idea what kind of hacks to expect. You could certainly make things like aimbots and such, just leave it to the hackers to find a way to exploit something in the game ^^

There are already hacks on the consoles where people at level 30 have 99 in each stat, which usually requires you to be level 712-714. I assume it will only get worse on PC.

That being said, I am worried about what hacks and bots might come, but I don't really have a good example of how they would hack it.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.