Best way to farm Act 1?

#1NicoGrimmPosted 6/24/2012 8:03:07 AM
I usually start on the Imprisoned Angel quest, teleport to the graveyard. Which usually has 1 elite, do all of the defiled crypts, which have 1 to 2 elites each, teleport to Festering Woods, and clear all of it including the buildings, tele to Northern Highlands, and clear everything from there till butcher.

Is that ok? Or, is there a better way to do this?
---
At what point does CPR become necrophilia? -Doug Wilson
#2latterPratterPosted 6/24/2012 8:05:10 AM
I find full act runs of Act 1 to be much better than plain old Butcher runs. That's only if you're willing to sacrifice some hours of your life, though.
#3MonthOLDpicklePosted 6/24/2012 8:05:30 AM
Typ hows it done.
#4EternalFlame66Posted 6/24/2012 8:06:24 AM
I start on imprisoned angel quest, and tele to graveyard clear this area. Then teleport to halls of agony and clear till boss.

Not sure what is the most optimal.
---
Such is your fate.
#5chromal187Posted 6/24/2012 8:09:11 AM
EternalFlame66 posted...
I start on imprisoned angel quest, and tele to graveyard clear this area. Then teleport to halls of agony and clear till boss.

Not sure what is the most optimal.

Haha I do the opposite, I clear the last quest then teleport to festering woods/graveyard and then that's it. Sometimes I'll try pownies but I just can't do it effectively, I haven't even finished A2.
---
XBL Gamertag - Chromal
PSN ID - Chromal24
#6nicholash7Posted 6/24/2012 8:11:11 AM
Not as far as I know. I usually start at the same quest, clear the Festering Wood (including the two side dungeons), clear the Crypts in the graveyard, clear the Highlands (including any other side dungeons), then I run through the Halls of Agony to the Butcher. I'll usually make a relatively decent amount of gold on the way through finding and vendoring crap items.

I salvage ALL ilvl60-63 blues/rares that I know won't sell on the AH because they often give Exquisite Essences, which can be sold on the AH (pretty quickly) for some extra cash. I sold around 67 essences (which did not take too long to accumulate) just a while ago for 100k+. Sold in mere seconds.

My Monk pretty much facerolls through Act I, so I can usually clear all of those areas in somewhere around 45min, give or take. I've never actually timed myself though.