Patch 1.0.3a notes

#11havok718Posted 6/25/2012 9:20:33 PM(edited)
Nah man if they dont get anything good a day after patch it's clearly broken. Hey remember D2 and every other game that's not D3 where you got something amazing every 7 minutes? Those games were AWESOME!! Also drop rates are lower because I think its lower. No I dont have spread sheet of data from hundreds of samples, I just know its lower!

/rollseyes

Anyway, yes Blizzard has said the drop rates might be low in Act 3/4. They didn't say the rates were lower than before, just low in general considering the difficulty and time to kill compared to Act 1 now that it drops lvl 62/63.

I suspect most of these whiners never even farmed Act 3 before. They're just able to do so after the nerf and think everything that drops should be amazing.
#12TenshouKairekiJinPosted 6/25/2012 9:21:43 PM
"Fixed several gold and leveling exploits"

Hmm...

I'm drawing a blank here, honestly. Does anyone know what they might be referring to? Hopefully actual exploits, not just removing gold from loose floor tiles or making the jar of souls skeletons stop dropping loot.
---
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Humanity is ever one inspired step away from godhood.
#13RufusNKenRSTierPosted 6/25/2012 9:37:13 PM
"◦Fixed a bug that was causing Unique monsters to not drop the appropriate amount of loot when slain"

That sounds awfully suspicious.

Given the last few patches, I suspect they are going to make killing uniques actually TAKE loot from you :P.
---
The Best Poster on Gamefaqs.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
#14NicoGrimmPosted 6/25/2012 9:43:26 PM
Fixed several gold and leveling exploits

There were still some left?!

also,

Fixed a bug that was causing Unique monsters to not drop the appropriate amount of loot when slain

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this is somehow a nerf.
---
It's so erotic when your makeup runs.
#15NekriistPosted 6/25/2012 10:00:01 PM
So...they're increasing drop rates for gear in Acts II, III, and IV. That's cool, I can understand that a lot of people in those acts have been getting shafted on drops.

But...it sounds like they're nerfing drops again in Act I inferno, and Hell Act IV. As someone who's been stuck trying to gear in Act I inferno, the "buff" to drop rates and the inclusion of ilevels 62-63 has been completely pointless. Nothing ever drops for ilevel 63 (Unless it's a white item. Whoopee.). The maybe three out of an entire inventory full of farmed rares that are ilevel 60-62 never roll anything even worth selling on the AH for 50k.

I approve of drop rate buffs in the later inferno acts, but why the hell nerf act I? The drop rates are already abysmal, especially since they won't restrict items to level 60 only. I mean...I can't be the only one that's sick of this? All I want to do is progress to act II, but I can't get the gear to run it, even putting in 8+ hours into farming a day. Enough bags full of level 54 crap.

I don't run inferno to gear my lower level characters. I run it to gear my level 60 character. If I want to farm level 58 and below, i'll farm Hell. Anyone know their reasoning for this? It just seems so nonsensical.
#16TenshouKairekiJinPosted 6/25/2012 10:02:34 PM
The unique monsters things is probably the anomaly some people were experiencing where purple monsters were only dropping gold and never any items. I don't think the RNG is supposed to generate that outcome at all.
---
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
Humanity is ever one inspired step away from godhood.
#17OpforALLAHJIHADPosted 6/25/2012 10:13:53 PM
TenshouKairekiJin posted...
The unique monsters things is probably the anomaly some people were experiencing where purple monsters were only dropping gold and never any items. I don't think the RNG is supposed to generate that outcome at all.

The thing is, these are easier to kill than an elite pack. I think them dropping gold rather than items is perfectly fine, mainly because the gold dropped is 1k+ easy.
---
LoL ign: otto lock