Inferno Monk Stat Advice

#1DemetricusPosted 6/27/2012 1:20:12 PM
Hi folks,

Just wondering if you can offer opinions as to how these stats are for a monk in inferno. I have played through act 1 and can farm it quite merrily, would it hold up for act 2?

Stats will most likely include passives but no other buffs are active.
Defensive Stats
HP - 40001 (wanted to include the 1)
Armour - 5k
Res - 600 (I chose lightning to stack, are other ones easier or is it just luck / pick one and stick with it)
Dodge - 30%
Block - 13%

Offensive Stats
DPS - 8k
Crit Chance - 28%
Atk / Sec - 1.47
LoH - 843

Pretty much a generic build with SW - Cyclone being the reason for the crit. I find it quite enjoyable and would love to know how it may fair in later difficulties. Additionally knowing whats stats could be prioritised or changed could help.

I believe that I could sacrifice 5k hp or so to get the dps to 10k, not too sure.

All thoughts and advice appreciated
---
WOW EU Chamber of Aspects - 80 Rogue, Warlock, Paladin, Druid, DK
Current Projects - 6X Hunter, 4X Priest, 1 Shaman, Warrior, Mage
#2RizzonaterPosted 6/27/2012 1:22:29 PM
I would sacrifice some VIT for more DPS if I were in your shoes. Also, resists could be upgraded a bit for Acts 3/4
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#3Cloud25Posted 6/27/2012 1:35:07 PM
Seems great for Act II. For Act III+ you might have to raise your armor and resists a bit higher but you can worry about that when the time comes. Your dps is actually very low, even at 10k.

Try to find a way to stack more dex or get a better weapon. And where does that 13% block come from? Are you wearing a shield?

p.s. check here:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/54433-monk-inferno-guide-updated-for-103/
#4MarndosPosted 6/27/2012 1:36:32 PM
Are you using a shield? If so, here are some general guidelines for Monks to follow:

http://i.imgur.com/LHIYD.jpg

If you're dual-wielding, expect to need quite a bit more LoH than indicated in the chart.

No, you don't need 40k health to finish inferno and you don't need heavy resistances to do it either. Your biggest problem is your DPS; if you go into act 2 as you are right now, you're gonna have a hard time killing certain packs before the enrage timer.

Here are my monk's stats. I can farm act 2 relatively well, though once in awhile I encounter a pack that stonewalls me:

Health: 33k
Armor: 4539 (I regularly keep it at 6808 during fights with Keen Eye)
Resists: 516
Dodge: 44.1%
LoH: 961

DPS: 19k buffed
Attacks/second: 2.03
Crit Chance: 20.5%
Crit Damage: +50% (needs work)
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#5debludkludPosted 6/27/2012 1:36:35 PM
Act 2 and perhaps Act 3

HP - 25005 - 30003
Armour - 5k
Res - 400 - 600
Dodge - % More through stacking more Dex.

Offensive Stats
DPS - 18k
Crit Chance -
Atk / Sec - 1.8 +
LoH - 843 + 300

Try this, and get another weapon for dual wieldien, preferably a dagger 850 DPS (count 1 dex as 1 weapon dps) with a gem slot.

Specc advise: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abYgXk!aXU!accaba
#6TheMudkipManPosted 6/27/2012 2:38:30 PM
TC, for reference, I've got 26k HP, 600 Resist All, 18k DPS (20k with BoH buff), 25% crit, and 1.5 ApS. I plow through A2. Drop a lot of that HP, grab a shield, work on the DPS, and you'll be gold. :)
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.9
#7steker16Posted 6/27/2012 2:42:12 PM
Marndos posted...
Are you using a shield? If so, here are some general guidelines for Monks to follow:

If you're dual-wielding, expect to need quite a bit more LoH than indicated in the chart.

No, you don't need 40k health to finish inferno and you don't need heavy resistances to do it either. Your biggest problem is your DPS; if you go into act 2 as you are right now, you're gonna have a hard time killing certain packs before the enrage timer.

Here are my monk's stats. I can farm act 2 relatively well, though once in awhile I encounter a pack that stonewalls me:

Health: 33k
Armor: 4539 (I regularly keep it at 6808 during fights with Keen Eye)
Resists: 516
Dodge: 44.1%
LoH: 961

DPS: 19k buffed
Attacks/second: 2.03
Crit Chance: 20.5%
Crit Damage: +50% (needs work)

that chart is trash for act 3/4, i have similar dps, more LoH, higher hp and resist than it says running the typical inferno monk build, and elites pretty much melt me like a hot knife through butter. act 3/4 you either need tons more resist to survive, or alot of DPS to blow them up before you cant sustain yourself anymore
---
nomnomnom
#8Demetricus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2012 2:50:39 PM
Thank you all for the great advice, it is certainly appreciated. It is also very nice seeing how I can compare to others stat wise and how they are finding it which gives me a good idea as well.

It is good to know that I am making steady progress and I have a better idea on what to improve. It is certainly much appreciated.
---
WOW EU Chamber of Aspects - 80 Rogue, Warlock, Paladin, Druid, DK
Current Projects - 6X Hunter, 4X Priest, 1 Shaman, Warrior, Mage
#9MarndosPosted 6/27/2012 3:34:28 PM
steker16 posted...
that chart is trash for act 3/4, i have similar dps, more LoH, higher hp and resist than it says running the typical inferno monk build, and elites pretty much melt me like a hot knife through butter. act 3/4 you either need tons more resist to survive, or alot of DPS to blow them up before you cant sustain yourself anymore

Well, the guy who made the chart completed the game on inferno with those stats. He streams regularly. I don't know what to tell you. Are you trying to facetank everything? Keep in mind you still have to kite or even skip some packs entirely.
---
Please change your vector and move to a different coordinate because this quadrant is off limits.
#10HyperShadow4321Posted 6/27/2012 5:28:07 PM
Everything looks good for getting through Act II other than your DPS. You most likely will not be able to kill Belial before his enrage timer goes off, even with your high crit chance. I had around 16k-17k DPS and still kept hitting his enrage timer. Once I threw Sweeping Wind into my arsenal I was able to beat him.