Is this game really that bad as this board say?

#31SeikenZPosted 7/3/2012 8:09:19 AM
WolfRison posted...
And each successive patch makes the grind to win more tedious in an effort to promote the pay to win. And that's one of the main reasons this game gets the hate it gets.

If you don't like grinding you are playing the completely wrong genre of game by attempting to play an online RPG.

Grinding for items is not so bad, if only the items were interesting enough and frequent enough to promote longterm commitment. But alas, they are not.
#32darkace77450Posted 7/3/2012 8:10:25 AM
WolfRison posted...
And each successive patch makes the grind to win more tedious in an effort to promote the pay to win. And that's one of the main reasons this game gets the hate it gets.

If you don't like grinding you are playing the completely wrong genre of game by attempting to play an online RPG.

You seem to be of the belief that 'farming' and 'grinding' are synonymous. They aren't.
#33SlaynPosted 7/3/2012 8:11:11 AM
Is the game as bad as people say? No, they are just VERY butthurt because of certain aspects, so people give the game low scores, because they are emotional and cannot rate anything objectively. I am not saying people don't have valid complaints. The top two is basically the online-only requirement, meaning you must have decent and stable internet to play and are subject to lag spikes and server downtime, even while playing alone.

The second is the real money auction house ( RMAH ) which also ties in to the loot. The loot itself is "boring" compared to Diablo 2, where there are less cool special abilities on items like random chance of X abilities, cannot be frozen, etc. And the drop rates on legendary/set items suck, and the stats are so random most of them are terrible. People are convinced this has something to do with the RMAH.

Most people just rate the game a 0-6/10 because of the above two complaints. There are other complaints, like the skill system, but IMO it is better than D2 and people are just complaining for stupid reasons.

I would rate the game a 8/10. There really is no way you can objectively rate the game less than a 6 or 7/10, people are just REALLY pissed off at certain aspects and giving the game horrible reviews.
#34TurinNeithanPosted 7/3/2012 8:15:13 AM(edited)
Just see the user score, the game is a solid 7.5 - 8. Don't give much attention to the user reviews since many of the negative ones where written on the first week of launch when there was trouble with the servers and all of the trolls where like: OH MY GAWD, CAN'T LOG IN 0/10. Sure the game is not stellar, it still has issues to be fixed, but it is not abysmal as the trolls here would have you believe.
---
"If i went back to BAHRAM Nohman would kill me... Actually that's what happened!" - Dingo Egrett
#35redundanciesPosted 7/3/2012 8:15:04 AM
Just reading this first sentence is exactly what's not fun about D3. It's a loot based game, yet all the loot is garbage and you vendor them or you auction them for gold and buy your items.

If it's auctionable, it's not garbage.
#36craziii3Posted 7/3/2012 8:15:05 AM
angermngment101 posted...
Notice the one guy posting in here repeatedly? He obviously works for blizzard. Otherwise no normal person would be this worked up about the opinions of others.

This game is bad.

Listen to the users.

Read user reviews.

Be informed. Make your own decisions.

follow these steps and be trolled :P
---
insert: something clever!!!
#37angermngment101Posted 7/3/2012 8:15:59 AM
You are trying REALLY hard to justify that 8/10. Like ignoring the glaring flaws this game has.

A game with this many flaws should never be rated above 7/10.
---
Im not angry.
#38pariah23Posted 7/3/2012 8:18:44 AM(edited)
The game is a glorified Ebay simulator with an average-at-best ARPG wrapped around it, run by a company that makes sweeping balance changes on a whim within weeks of release in spite of a development time that approached a decade.

That doesn't change whether you're barely able to farm Inferno Act I or plowing through Act III/IV like it's Nightmare again.
#39angermngment101Posted 7/3/2012 8:17:21 AM
follow these steps and be trolled :P

Because you guys dont want them to make their own decision. You want to force feed them your opinion that this game is a flawless masterpiece.
---
Im not angry.
#40Jiga35Posted 7/3/2012 8:20:55 AM
WolfRison posted...

I love grinding.

In a game that's fun.

Not only is this game not fun, it's absolutely infuriating.
---
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.