So I love their MF gear switching topic on the forums, they failed again.

#41jfrancbPosted 7/4/2012 9:54:51 AM
OmfgitsBlah posted...
jfrancb posted...
blizzard is saying it's not fun to swap. That's why people are suggesting the button to swap.

anyway it should stay as it is.

but I believe they will nerf it (oups sorry.. they will fix it so we can better enjoy the game) in some way since it's not part of the 5 option they gave.

But it easy to understand, at least this is what I believe. Yes when they launch the game they were aware that some people would swap gears before the kill. But they didn't anticipated it would be so popular and that players would would macro or script to do it.

With the macro it's making it easier and help increasing the drops. more drop means a lesser need for the RMAH and AH so they need to find a way to prevent playing from using that system too much.

then you have a small amount of players complaining about players who are doing because they can't do it. They find excuse to say the others can and they can't. Close range player says it easier for long range one. While not completely true.

Personally I have a long range character. I play as a Wizard for my main character. I have tried the MF swap with a macro after a few runs decided against it. Why? because I was getting killed and swapping to late. Now with the repair cost dying is really not a good option.

So I prefer not to use it after trying it. But use a small amount of MF permanently. It's safer, easier and don't have to run back to own to unload my inventory because a third of it is used by my MF gear.

My choice is not to use it, but if someone wants to go through all the trouble to switch gear before the kill. It's their choice let them do what they want.

Anyway there is no point in doing unless everyone do it. The MF is an average of all the players. So let's I'm the only one who swaps gear. We are four players.

1. 0%MF
2. 12%MF
3. 91% Mf
4. after swapping I have 238%MF

So I risk to dye, pay major repair fee so we will end up all with 85.25%MF. So basically helping the players who are not carrying MF. I don't see an advantage there. If it would be a common practice and everyone would do it it might be beneficial or if you had your own MF.

So I would say to leave it as it is.

Not how it works, but whatever you want to believe.

You should go back and read your basic mechanics.

-------------------------------------------
Magic Find in Group

Since every player will have their own loot in cooperative play, the Magic Find in group situations will be averaged across the group.[3]
Here's an example with a group of three people:
Player 1's MF: 100
Player 2's MF: 80
Player 3's MF: 0
Magic Find for each player: (100 + 80 + 0) / 3 = 60.
To recap: Every players personal Magic Find will be summarized and then divided by the number of players.
This prevents players in public games from stacking Magic Find and tagging along while doing minimal effort in killing monsters but getting the best chances of getting great drops. This might also discourage cooperative play since other people with low Magic Find percentage might lower your overall Magic Find.
The Nephalem Valor buff covers the entire group.
#42LoschenPosted 7/4/2012 9:59:20 AM(edited)
EternalFlame66 posted...
I'm actually glad Blizzard doesn't just listen to players and do what they want. They don't really know what they want for themselves.

Agreed, according to players, bosses should always grant level 63 legendary items when killed.
---
#43SteamsterPosted 7/4/2012 9:58:18 AM
Pijinz posted...
Eh? Gear swapping sucks. The sooner it's gone the better.

This mentality is what's ruining gaming. I don't like it, so don't give other people the option to do it.
#44LockeDaemonfirePosted 7/4/2012 10:00:30 AM
Pijinz posted...
Agnostic420 posted...
The genius idea would be all MF gear in your inventory be your MF. But limit it to one piece per section. (body only allows the 20% on it, not 2 body pieces allowing 40%)

You call that a genius idea? This is why you're not in game development. That would simply be equivalent to removing MF gear completely, upping the drop rate all across the board, and then reducing your inventory space. Everybody would have max MF all the time. It would cease to be a real stat. It wouldn't be something you chose to have on your gear at the expense of another attribute. You're taking the decision away from the player.

^^ This.
#45EternalFlame66Posted 7/4/2012 10:00:46 AM
Steamster posted...
Pijinz posted...

This mentality is what's ruining gaming. I don't like it, so don't give other people the option to do it.

The option to do it is fine but not when 99% of people are just using 1 simple script to swap their entire gear in 1 click. That's imba/gamebreaking/w.e
---
Such is your fate.
#46Agnostic420(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 10:01:58 AM
Pijinz posted...
Agnostic420 posted...
The genius idea would be all MF gear in your inventory be your MF. But limit it to one piece per section. (body only allows the 20% on it, not 2 body pieces allowing 40%)

You call that a genius idea? This is why you're not in game development. That would simply be equivalent to removing MF gear completely, upping the drop rate all across the board, and then reducing your inventory space. Everybody would have max MF all the time. It would cease to be a real stat. It wouldn't be something you chose to have on your gear at the expense of another attribute. You're taking the decision away from the player.

They said they don't like people having to swap out MF gear, that the problem is people feel they have to do it. That's the only reason THEY SAY they want it changed. If that's the case, don't make people switch to then. It would be EXACTLY the same MF as if you did switch to it without actually having to switch it.

I didn't say it was a good idea, all I'm saying is the reason they claim they're changing it, is that people don't like to switch it out, then make it not happen.

If they **** with MF, people complaining about not finding gear now is about to get 100x worse. THEY NEVER fix anything POSITIVE without something at the very next update making it not as imporant.

They increase ilvl 63 drops to 16%. You won't find jack **** without MF from elites, minus their fun idea of only killing elite packs and killing over 3 to get your guaranteed 1 drop. So they nerf MF making it not happen.

There is no reason for any of their options when it doesn't change anything but overall lowering MF. Nobody complained about it they need to stop ****** around with something that was never talked about. They have other glaring issues to fix other than MF swapping.
---
Use an authenticator. No excuses. You get hacked, your fault. Authenticator. Get it. Use it. Love it. Massage it. Feel it. hold it. Type it. Use it. insert it.
#47ShinesmanOWPosted 7/4/2012 10:04:09 AM
Steamster posted...
Pijinz posted...

If they have to nerf the drop rates to keep balance, forcing people to do incredibly obnoxious things like manual gear switching to be competitive, that's not fun.

Just my opinion. Probably Bashiok's too. Heck, I'm sure there are other people that agree with me.

"The game should just drop more stuff" is a closely related argument, and honestly Blizzard is being ridiculously tight-fisted about drops, doesn't seem to make sense. 10 RMAH sales at $25 each is $55 revenue, 1 RMAH sale at $250 is $46 revenue. Not sure why they're so dead-set on keeping the top-end items at the RMAH sale cap, the price ceiling works against them when trying to maximize RMAH profits.
#48BelgarathGFRPGPosted 7/4/2012 10:05:04 AM
Steamster posted...
Pijinz posted...

No, not at all. It is not intended design. What it does is hurt players who are unwilling to do something extremely tedious. It is not a good mechanic and that is exactly why Blizzard is looking at it. If they want to add a gear swap button similar to D2 with Weapon/Off-Hand swap but then make any new gear you equip take a few minutes to give you the benefit then I'm all for that. Having to have a set of gear in your inventory wasting inventory slots (the whole reason they said they didn't want to do charms in D3) is stupid.
#49LockeDaemonfirePosted 7/4/2012 10:12:21 AM
Agnostic420 posted...

If they **** with MF, people complaining about not finding gear now is about to get 100x worse. THEY NEVER fix anything POSITIVE without something at the very next update making it not as imporant.

They increase ilvl 63 drops to 16%. You won't find jack **** without MF from elites, minus their fun idea of only killing elite packs and killing over 3 to get your guaranteed 1 drop. So they nerf MF making it not happen.

They already said that whatever they do to prevent gear swapping, they will adjust MF/drops to compensate. I don't know exact numbers, but ideally you would get about the same amount as gear switching now, without having to keep any part of your current MF set in your inventory. And then you have the option to further increase your drops by having some MF in your normal equipment, again with no clunkiness in your inventory. I can't see how that's bad...
#50reclinemusicPosted 7/4/2012 10:27:43 AM
My favorite response to the MF issue on the bnet forums:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6008722157
---
Computer stats!