Scoundrel's Hysteria ability

#1sexytemariPosted 7/11/2012 1:01:02 AM
I know anatomy is the popular choice for the scoundel but I think hysteria looks pretty good if the 6 second cooldown on the passive includes the 3 seconds of 10% damage. If this is the case that means with a good crit% you are doing 10% more damage a bit less than half the time. I think.

I am testing it now and I hope it is decently good. The anatomy skill is useful but later on 3% isn't that much considering I want to free up a hotkey slot (specifically marked for death). I am hoping hysteria procs a lot so that it can be a poor mans marked for death. I really want to fit in caltrops jagged spikes. I like the 45% aoe damage, it lasts a long time and is pretty cheap considering it also slows.

Does anyone use Hysteria? Does the 6 second cooldown start as soon as it procs or does it start after the 3 second damage increase finishes? I like marked for death but if this passive is decent it can free up a valuable slot.
#2funkyfritterPosted 7/11/2012 1:04:43 AM
Anatomy is the only reason anyone bothers to use the scoundrel. If you aren't trying to stack crit chance you're better off with the enchantress.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3dsvw56Posted 7/11/2012 1:06:00 AM
funkyfritter posted...
Anatomy is the only reason anyone bothers to use the scoundrel. If you aren't trying to stack crit chance you're better off with the enchantress.

^
---
PSP Game Videos : http://www.youtube.com/dsvw56
GT : SacredDriver
#4James MasonPosted 7/11/2012 5:07:01 AM
Umm, I actually enjoy the scoundrel due to the fact he can has three spred out attacks that hits enemies from afar with the ability to slow down foes avialable every 6 seconds due to a short cooldown. Couple that with a ranged class and some skills that slow down foes and you have enemies simply unable to close in on you before you can kill them.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#5LoschenPosted 7/11/2012 8:23:15 AM(edited)
1.- Give Scoundrel IAS on everything you can.
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

You now have a slow machinegun. Plus the Scoundrel AI actually moves out of the way, the enchantress loves to stand in the middle of everyone.
---
#6Unresolved777Posted 7/11/2012 8:23:48 AM
Loschen posted...
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

You now have a slow machinegun. Plus the Scoundrel AI actually moves out of the way, the enchantress loves to stand in the middle of everyone.

This. Except I don't stack IAS.
---
PSN: Unresoived
#7LoschenPosted 7/11/2012 8:24:44 AM
Unresolved777 posted...
Loschen posted...
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

Then you don't have a slow machinegun, more like a slow bazooka or something like that.
---
#8Unresolved777Posted 7/11/2012 8:25:24 AM
Loschen posted...
Unresolved777 posted...
Loschen posted...
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

Then you don't have a slow machinegun, more like a slow bazooka or something like that.

I don't need more IAS. I made sure to buy a bow with IAS on it. And nothing except elite packs hit my scoundrel, so IAS is pretty useless to me.
---
PSN: Unresoived
#9havok718Posted 7/11/2012 9:47:55 AM
Yeah scoundrel is used for the multishot + cold weapon snare. If he only had 3% crit, the enchantress beats him even for crit builds.