Scoundrel's Hysteria ability

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Scoundrel's Hysteria ability
4 years ago#1
I know anatomy is the popular choice for the scoundel but I think hysteria looks pretty good if the 6 second cooldown on the passive includes the 3 seconds of 10% damage. If this is the case that means with a good crit% you are doing 10% more damage a bit less than half the time. I think.

I am testing it now and I hope it is decently good. The anatomy skill is useful but later on 3% isn't that much considering I want to free up a hotkey slot (specifically marked for death). I am hoping hysteria procs a lot so that it can be a poor mans marked for death. I really want to fit in caltrops jagged spikes. I like the 45% aoe damage, it lasts a long time and is pretty cheap considering it also slows.

Does anyone use Hysteria? Does the 6 second cooldown start as soon as it procs or does it start after the 3 second damage increase finishes? I like marked for death but if this passive is decent it can free up a valuable slot.
4 years ago#2
Anatomy is the only reason anyone bothers to use the scoundrel. If you aren't trying to stack crit chance you're better off with the enchantress.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
4 years ago#3
funkyfritter posted...
Anatomy is the only reason anyone bothers to use the scoundrel. If you aren't trying to stack crit chance you're better off with the enchantress.

^
PSP Game Videos : http://www.youtube.com/dsvw56
GT : SacredDriver
4 years ago#4
Umm, I actually enjoy the scoundrel due to the fact he can has three spred out attacks that hits enemies from afar with the ability to slow down foes avialable every 6 seconds due to a short cooldown. Couple that with a ranged class and some skills that slow down foes and you have enemies simply unable to close in on you before you can kill them.
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
4 years ago#5
1.- Give Scoundrel IAS on everything you can.
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

You now have a slow machinegun. Plus the Scoundrel AI actually moves out of the way, the enchantress loves to stand in the middle of everyone.
4 years ago#6
Loschen posted...
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

You now have a slow machinegun. Plus the Scoundrel AI actually moves out of the way, the enchantress loves to stand in the middle of everyone.

This. Except I don't stack IAS.
PSN: Unresoived
4 years ago#7
Unresolved777 posted...
Loschen posted...
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

Then you don't have a slow machinegun, more like a slow bazooka or something like that.
4 years ago#8
Loschen posted...
Unresolved777 posted...
Loschen posted...
2.- Give him a Cold bow.
3.- Use 3 shot ability.

Then you don't have a slow machinegun, more like a slow bazooka or something like that.

I don't need more IAS. I made sure to buy a bow with IAS on it. And nothing except elite packs hit my scoundrel, so IAS is pretty useless to me.
PSN: Unresoived
4 years ago#9
Yeah scoundrel is used for the multishot + cold weapon snare. If he only had 3% crit, the enchantress beats him even for crit builds.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Scoundrel's Hysteria ability

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived