why take force weapon over sparkflint?

#1f_ranz1224Posted 8/12/2012 3:26:10 AM
the way i see it, force weapon is +15% damage to sparkflints +12%

but sparkflint shoots those orbs for 20% weapon damage

the 2% knockback in FW is negligible i think, if its ever happened i havent noticed it

yet when watching people play, most i see go force weapon over sparkflint. am i missing out on something? or is the 3% damage and 2% knockback really better than the sparkflint attack?
---
everyone in this world is good for something. Even the worst human being is the BEST example of what NOT to be
#2CheapGamerPosted 8/12/2012 3:33:23 AM
I always used Conduit rune (chance for +AP on every hit) with Magic Weapon.

5% extra damage isn't anywhere near as good as a constant income of AP (it procs on Hydra blasts too, not sure about Blizzard). I also used Arcanot (+2 AP regen per second) with Familiar.

All that AP allowed me to constantly spam Arcane Orb and Blizzard non-stop, especially with AP on Crit gear.
---
PSN: Brostache
#3f_ranz1224(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 4:52:53 AM
wow, never considered that load-out

i gave up arcane orb when i gave up astral presence and started using force armor (ap down from 140 to 80), but that makes it viable. ill look into that
---
everyone in this world is good for something. Even the worst human being is the BEST example of what NOT to be
#4Lord HeimdallPosted 8/12/2012 8:24:53 AM
I'm looking into a melee Wizard, and I'm using both.
---
"Logic is not welcomed on this board." - whitelytning
Currently playing: Diablo 3 [PC]
#5f_ranz1224(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 11:48:23 PM
if i do my high DPS style build, then i run with both

sparkflint+force weapon+ any of archon/arcane orb/disintegrate=awesome

for the builds where i only pick one buff though, i now run with sparkflint. while i kite backwards, seeing that familiar shoot and hit everytime just seems so much better than the 3% id normally be getting
---
#6ChoppahFacePosted 8/13/2012 1:50:29 AM
Because force weapon gives a bigger increase to the dps number in the character screen.