why take force weapon over sparkflint?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. why take force weapon over sparkflint?

User Info: f_ranz1224

f_ranz1224
4 years ago#1
the way i see it, force weapon is +15% damage to sparkflints +12%

but sparkflint shoots those orbs for 20% weapon damage

the 2% knockback in FW is negligible i think, if its ever happened i havent noticed it

yet when watching people play, most i see go force weapon over sparkflint. am i missing out on something? or is the 3% damage and 2% knockback really better than the sparkflint attack?
everyone in this world is good for something. Even the worst human being is the BEST example of what NOT to be

User Info: CheapGamer

CheapGamer
4 years ago#2
I always used Conduit rune (chance for +AP on every hit) with Magic Weapon.

5% extra damage isn't anywhere near as good as a constant income of AP (it procs on Hydra blasts too, not sure about Blizzard). I also used Arcanot (+2 AP regen per second) with Familiar.

All that AP allowed me to constantly spam Arcane Orb and Blizzard non-stop, especially with AP on Crit gear.
PSN: Brostache

f_ranz1224
4 years ago#3
wow, never considered that load-out

i gave up arcane orb when i gave up astral presence and started using force armor (ap down from 140 to 80), but that makes it viable. ill look into that
everyone in this world is good for something. Even the worst human being is the BEST example of what NOT to be

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
4 years ago#4
I'm looking into a melee Wizard, and I'm using both.
"Logic is not welcomed on this board." - whitelytning
Currently playing: Diablo 3 [PC]

f_ranz1224
4 years ago#5
if i do my high DPS style build, then i run with both

sparkflint+force weapon+ any of archon/arcane orb/disintegrate=awesome

for the builds where i only pick one buff though, i now run with sparkflint. while i kite backwards, seeing that familiar shoot and hit everytime just seems so much better than the 3% id normally be getting

User Info: ChoppahFace

ChoppahFace
4 years ago#6
Because force weapon gives a bigger increase to the dps number in the character screen.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. why take force weapon over sparkflint?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived