Is blizzard worse than Bioware?

#1john_freeman69Posted 8/23/2012 3:20:25 PM(edited)
What with the whole Brevik controversy and ripping off people at the auction house, has Blizzard beat Bioware in terms of all around douche-y relations with fans?
---
EVERYONE WATCH MLP IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
#2dmaz2Posted 8/23/2012 3:18:59 PM
Yes, I think Blizzard is better at relations with douchey fans.
---
Ponies.
#3TriodPosted 8/23/2012 3:19:45 PM
Nah at least Blizzard doesn't publicly call it's customers morons Bioware style. And makes better games too.
#4john_freeman69(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 3:19:52 PM
dmaz2 posted...

Thats not what I meant, I meant the devs are douche-y.

Will edit to avoid misleading you. Sorry.
---
EVERYONE WATCH MLP IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
#5Gator1982Posted 8/23/2012 3:21:15 PM
IMO, comparing Bioware and Blizzard is like comparing snot to s***.

Boogerware vs. Blizzturd

Take your pick.
---
I don't give a frog's fat a**
#6ChronoAcePosted 8/23/2012 3:29:57 PM
NO. Bioware and Casey "Artistic Integrity" Hudson make Blizzard look like peace loving hippies.
#7twitterfriendsPosted 8/23/2012 3:32:01 PM
It could be a tie.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/2pzlbuu.jpg
2011-12 Seattle Seahawks 16-0.
#8guinness4lifePosted 8/23/2012 3:50:19 PM(edited)
I. Beta as Retail

Blizz released a beta then fixed it 3 months later w/1.04, the actual D3 retail. TOR released a beta, charged you $15/month and said, "That's a feature." Then they banned you from forums for pointing it out.

Winner: Blizz

II. Customer (Dis)service and Authenticators

Blizz blamed customers and berated them when their accounts got hacked and made everyone buy authenticators .... then they had their auth database hacked and information compromised, which was previously described as "impossible" by Blizz Customer Service.

TOR had auth's available on launch and provided in-game incentives for having them.

BW banned tons of people from TOR forums. It's nearly impossible to get banned from Blizz forums.

Winner: BW

III. Stock Price and Shareholders

BW almost single-handedly dragged EA's stockprice into the toilet thanks to their complete inability to update their game. It took them 2 patches and 200 million dollars to come up with a UI.

ATVI released a game using the same engine as their last dozen RTS games which was probably developed in 3 months. Kotick's nephew actually coded the thing on spring break on a budget of 5,000 and a case of Monster Energy Drink. P/E under 20 on a tech stock = WIN.

Winner: Blizz

IV. Replay

Play the exact same thing for 3 months while you wait for updates. In TOR, you pay $15/mth for the privilege. But, you have PVP, which is actually pretty good, unlike everything else past 50.

Winner: Guild Wars 2, which finally gets rid of all the grind that plagues these companies games and way of thinking

Overall: Blizz.
#9DarksteelPosted 8/23/2012 3:50:39 PM
dmaz2 posted...

I agree
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#10MMF_LegacyPosted 8/23/2012 4:03:54 PM
Blizzard probably has more fans that like to spread rumors and start ****.