So after I finally tested 1.0.5 on PTR, the drops are still...

#1FindKenshiPosted 10/6/2012 1:43:59 PM
The drops are still mostly garbage. You won't see that big a difference between 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, I mean. So if you thought 1.0.4 drops were good, you'll probably be happy with 1.0.5.

But if you thought 1.0.4 drops were NOT good... you will be very disappointed.

I tried various farm runs in various MP levels and acts of inferno. I did each farm run enough times to identify 5 inventories full of rares. I did an Act 1 run, Act 2 Vault of assasin + kulle/belial run, Act 3 keep and tower run, etc all the basics.

Here is what I found

Weapons still 99% roll with crappy DPS.
Over 5 inventories of rares not a single one would sell for 1 million on current AH pricing.
NO legendaries/sets to be seen.

Just saying, I'm not really complaining about it. Just.. passing the word on.
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#2Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 10/6/2012 1:57:16 PM
Wow, and here I thought drops would be better in 1.0.5.....
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#3Xeno_PredatorPosted 10/6/2012 2:28:20 PM
0.00001 x 2 = 0.00002

Doubled drops of nothing is still nothing.

Also when they said only ilvl58+ will drop in Inferno... how does that work exactly?

Suppose:
ilvl.......chance
etc.

Then they say no drops below 58 will drop. Does that mean where we would have gotten items before now we simply get nothing if we roll for those items? (no change in drops but now we get less)

Or are all items below ilvl60 have the same chance of dropping? (no change in drops but now we get more 58-59 items)

Wow after writing that I just realized that there really are no change in drops either way.

As for the ilvl63 affix "buff" based on monster level instead.... well, they simply increased the range possible. Think of how many crappy ilvl63 you've found. That still applies to all the items you get.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED ABOUT DROPS! (in the practical sense)
---
Genius has its limitations. Ignorance has none.
#4kunaakPosted 10/6/2012 3:08:22 PM
they are never going to just hand you gear, no matter how much they tweak it, your always going to have to spend hours and hours trying to just get 1 good thing, and even then if you ignore MF, expect to find even less.

your not gonna see a difference in one night from one person.
where you will see it most, is the AH.
if the AH starts getting flooded with decent gear, that means the majority of people are atleast finding better gear, not amazing, but not 98% vendor fodder as it is now.

it will take time to really see the difference, if there is any.

what I would watch is items like leorics signet, which should be atleast cut in half from its current price, if the drop rate is indeed better, since its a super easy item to farm.
or set gear, like in my case, I am waiting for a blackthorn duncraig necklace with criit and INT on it.
currently a decent one goes for about 150-400 million.

if they get even a tiny bit more common, the price should drop quickly.
---
skate fast, speed's your friend.
#5FindKenshi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 4:18:09 PM
I know all this, I'm JUST saying.. a lot of people.. drops are their #1 complaint. Just letting them know, not to expect miracles. It's basically about the same...
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#6ShoobieDoobiePosted 10/6/2012 6:05:02 PM
Well that's a bunch of poo.
---
I'm cool, I'm cocky, I'm bad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvFiNHrRxFw
#7Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 10/6/2012 6:19:03 PM
I guess the only thing to look forward to in 1.0.5 is the Hellfire Ring and farm it for months until you get the 4 Random Stats you want whether it be (LoH, IAS, CHC, CHD) or (Vit, Phys Resist, Alll Resist, Armor)
---
http://i.imgur.com/kRBIc.png
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#8IronMonkey008Posted 10/6/2012 6:38:17 PM(edited)
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
I guess the only thing to look forward to in 1.0.5 is the Hellfire Ring and farm it for months until you get the 4 Random Stats you want whether it be (LoH, IAS, CHC, CHD) or (Vit, Phys Resist, Alll Resist, Armor)

Apparently they already gave the ring a huge nerf and people are already upset about it and saying it's almost worthless now.

---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#9RemakeMePosted 10/7/2012 12:21:23 AM(edited)
they need to make 1.06 all about itemization... meaning, 5-10x more legendaries, ethreal items, more affixes like reflect damage, chance to...cast chain lighting, teleport, cast nova, cast fireball, cast illusions etc... , more sockets on items, new socket types. And give us the ability to enchant items, like in Torchlight... more money sink,

make +skill do something extra rather than just 3-10% bonus damage on it which is pretty pathetic... example... grenades now drop 2-3 more grenades....heat seaking grenades... etc

Entangling shoots 3x more entangle shots at once or sprays out. Poison Dart does electric damage, Cleave has bigger splash etc.

i want the game to be amazing in terms of itemization but it sucks so freaking bad.
and these ideas would actually work in Blizzards favor bc they love AH so much so more items = more items to sell.

---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#10Tha_DegeneratorPosted 10/7/2012 12:52:15 AM
IronMonkey008 posted...
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...

Apparently they already gave the ring a huge nerf and people are already upset about it and saying it's almost worthless now.

Hardly worthless. Its a great legendary, and people should not have expected the ring to keep hitting as extremely high was it was. Hellfire can still be BIS for every class.

Maybe you should do some research before listening to the people who do nothing but cry about this game, but still spend 1000 hours on it.
---
| Intel i7-3930k | Corsair 120gb Force GT | Patriot 8GB RAM 1333 mhz | ASUS x79 Sabertooth Motherboard | EVGA GTX 670 FTW | Corsair H100 | \_O__/