I want to experience the story, but I'm not going to play the game

#1KOTRsssPosted 10/8/2012 2:44:14 PM
Any recommendations? Will watching all of the cinematics do the trick? Is there a series of videos that cover the cinematics and main quests?
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#2Masteraliber44Posted 10/8/2012 2:45:53 PM
the story is awful, save yourself the time and tears
---
What's the 1st (or 2nd) thing that comes to you when you think of Pokemon?
Religion and murder. ~Xodreev
#3KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 2:47:57 PM
I believe you, but I doubt that makes the cinematics uglier. I'm still curious.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#4Masteraliber44Posted 10/8/2012 2:51:56 PM
if you can find all the cinematics then sure, they're enough, not much in the way of in-game dialogue, most people turn it off anyway.
---
#5AllHailTheDead6Posted 10/8/2012 2:52:40 PM
watch the cinematics and i guess read a wiki or something about what you do on each quest

cause the cinematics wont be enough to completely tell whats happening although they are good
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#6KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 3:27:01 PM
Just finished watching and reading along. I can see how it was disappointing, but I to be fair I did miss a lot by not seeing the in game stuff.

Mostly It just comes across as a generic epic fantasy that has little to do with the diablo world. It completely removes the heavens from the realm of mystery and turns it into a benevolent savior full of optimism and cotton candy.

Diablo's return seemed a bit contrived, considering all of the business involving prophecy and whatnot. Diablo also looked really... weird. All in all it wasnt terrible, it just wasnt good, and it wasnt really diablo.
---
#7Masteraliber44Posted 10/8/2012 3:29:32 PM
IMO the only important thing you missed was Imperius being a jackass.
---
#8poweryogaPosted 10/8/2012 9:40:47 PM
Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBayYWSz0UQ
#9Yaboy125Posted 10/9/2012 12:10:46 AM(edited)
IMHO, best part of the story (aside from cool graphics) happened outside of cinematics.

*spoilers* Adria betraying Leah was my fave moment, aside from the a4 opening cinematic. Diablo's boobs still piss me off.
---
Gamefaqs mods have robbed me of my first ammendment rights.
#10ForCerealPosted 10/9/2012 12:20:25 AM
I mean, this doesn't coven everything, it misses the extremely slow walking woman trapped in the spider web in Act 1. But this is pretty much it... Sadly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcJ_XT3oWtY