Is it worth it to buy gold off of the RMAH?

#1DjHotnessPosted 11/6/2012 7:51:04 PM
$.52 for a million gold seems like a very good deal to me but I've only been playing for 5 days anyways
---
Kick in tha door wavin' the 44! All yah heard was poppa dont hit me no more! D;
#2MMF_LegacyPosted 11/6/2012 7:54:49 PM
The only people who don't do that, are those that refuse to use the RMAH. So since you think it's a good idea, I think we can rule you out of the above. Therefore, you fall into the "everyone else" catagory.
#3Sync_874Posted 11/6/2012 8:51:37 PM
I did it, no regrets.

Here is my story: played for 200 and still had crap gear... Everything killed me, it was no fun.

I bought $60 of gold, did a bunch of research and bought some nice items for my wizard, 5 in all. still have 34mill left over. The game is 100% more fun, I did not fully jack out my character because you still want room to improve and have reason to play.

there you go.
---
Ummm........ Boom!
#4DarksteelPosted 11/6/2012 8:55:26 PM
Sync_874 posted...
I did it, no regrets.

Here is my story: played for 200 and still had crap gear... Everything killed me, it was no fun.

I bought $60 of gold, did a bunch of research and bought some nice items for my wizard, 5 in all. still have 34mill left over. The game is 100% more fun, I did not fully jack out my character because you still want room to improve and have reason to play.

there you go.

Out of sheer curiosity how much gold did you get for that? 120m?
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#5MMF_LegacyPosted 11/6/2012 9:19:23 PM
LOL, $60 worth of gold and you only got 5 items with a 30mil something left over? You must have over payed for everything. Either that or you got the 5 best items in the game.
#6dragonfire55Posted 11/6/2012 9:22:32 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
LOL, $60 worth of gold and you only got 5 items with a 30mil something left over? You must have over payed for everything. Either that or you got the 5 best items in the game.

The BiS items in the game are worth $1000 each...oh right you're trolling.
---
76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
PSN: Ryukeshen
#7dragonfire55Posted 11/6/2012 9:23:37 PM
To answer the question the only money I have on RMAH is from selling stuff on RMAH and leaving it in my balance. And sometimes i transfer money for gold and it's worth it because almost everything on RMAH is overpriced. =)
---
76% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
PSN: Ryukeshen
#8LegendoftheKOTRPosted 11/6/2012 9:26:28 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...

Well, assuming he got about 120 mil for $60 worth of gold and had 30 mil left over, that's about 18 mil per piece, which isn't anything that special. Not sure the point you were trying to prove.
---
PSN: xxThundergodxx
Diablo 3 Profile-http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thundergod-1198/
#9user420Posted 11/6/2012 9:29:30 PM
It's not worth it to buy anything off the RMAH.
---
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.
#10MASKOAAAPosted 11/6/2012 9:44:38 PM
user420 posted...
It's not worth it to buy anything off the RMAH.

For fun I browsed the RMAH to see if theres any items that are really good....why is everything in the RMAH so much more expensive then the GOLD AH?....I really don't understand the logic...something thats 10 dollars on the RMAH is less then 10 mil on the Gold AH alot of the time....do they not know the price of Gold or are they ignorant and only go by RMAH prices?
---
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/