In all honesty, how is this game now?

#1RontequePosted 11/12/2012 8:46:41 PM
I have been staying away from this game ever since a week after release.

What has changed now? Have there been substantial improvements made to this game that actually warrant players that left because of all those crap at release to come back?

I am talking about the horrible drops, inferno monsters 1 - 2 hit kills, stupid elite pack affixes, enrage timers, glitching to inferno act 4 to farm that mirror boss, only variety of equipment is to go STR -> VIT -> ALL RES or DEX - VIT -> ALL RES or INT - VIT - ALL RES.

Have all the above mentioned been fixed or tweaked? And PvP?
#2Crono3001Posted 11/12/2012 8:48:47 PM
same old
---
FC: 4381-7135-3879 Name: Hyosuke Town: Windia
Rune Factory - FC: 2792-8122-2749
#3soma2035Posted 11/12/2012 9:00:40 PM
PvP hasn't been added yet.

If you weren't happy with drops before, you probably won't be now. You can find the gear you need to beat Inferno on your own with a reasonable amount of farming (probably a quarter of the farming it took to beat release Inferno), but like Diablo II, most of the rares and uniques/legendaries you find are going to be crap. The drop rate on legendaries is improved, but you'll still find many bad legendary / set items for every decent one.

Some Inferno monsters still kill you in 1-2 hits if you don't gear / spec appropriately. Or if you play badly. The only notable changes to affixes are the removal of Invulnerable Minions and the nerf to Shielding (only one monster at a time). Enrage timers still exist on bosses, but not on rares / champions.

Farming aspects is not worth the effort... it's been a long time since above average blues could sell on the AH for a good amount.

You're still going to look for a combination of offensive and defensive stats... I'm not sure what you expected here. There is a little more variety now in that crit chance and attack speed both play integral roles in some builds. Raising your DPS is a matter of getting primary stat / CHC / CHD / attack speed / base damage... all of the above, for maximum damage output. Defensive is still a combination of vitality / % life / armor / resistance.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#4mmmpancakesPosted 11/12/2012 9:30:02 PM
Monster Power System gives increased MF and GF, but mobs have more hp and hit harder.

Lvl 58+ items drop on inferno now.

Also, I believe ilvl61+ can roll the same stats as lvl 63 items now, e.g. a lvl 61 one-hander can go above 1k dps.

Legendaries have been improved significantly and definitely compete (and in many cases, trump) rares now.
---
Until a new Metroid title is announced, this signature will not change. 3/17/2012
#5BadKarma_JTPosted 11/12/2012 9:49:26 PM
Still pretty boring, not enough acts... and the acts are pretty bland itself and not a wide variety of environments to explore.
---
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want..Where you can always find me.. and We'll have Halloween on Christmas!
#6Game-XpertPosted 11/12/2012 9:56:17 PM
Me and my friend started hardcore characters and its kinda fun I guess.
#7noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/12/2012 10:33:35 PM
Stopping once you beat Hell is still the best bet. Getting through MP0 is still a farmfest or spending 1 mil on the AH to pull you through, anything beyond that and all the business parts of the game start bleeding through.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#8RaruwaruPosted 11/12/2012 10:43:40 PM
Ronteque posted...

What has changed now? Have there been substantial improvements made to this game that actually warrant players that left because of all those crap at release to come back?

I am talking about the horrible drops, inferno monsters 1 - 2 hit kills, stupid elite pack affixes, enrage timers, glitching to inferno act 4 to farm that mirror boss, only variety of equipment is to go STR -> VIT -> ALL RES or DEX - VIT -> ALL RES or INT - VIT - ALL RES.

What you just mentioned aren't developer caused problems, lets take a look:

-getting killed in 1-2 hits by monsters in Inferno 1 week after release was 100% intended. They wanted longevity and the balancing for that was pretty well done I'd say
-"stupid elite pack affixes" is personal preference, personally I'd rather have some sort of difficulty still remain after 500+ hours playing, but thats just me
-enrage timers...these weren't added until 1.0.3 or something (so if you stopped playing 1 week after release you never even experienced this) and unless you're terrible they shouldn't effect you
-glitching to inferno act 4... no comment
-gearing options were never just prim+vit+ar and they still aren't

It mostly just sounds like this genre of game just isn't your cup of tea since you were so quick to give up on it and you don't like standard ARPG mechanics even when they're executed well. Don't get me wrong, there WERE plenty of problems shortly after release, but none of what you listed were them.
---
Man who walk through life sideways going to Bangkok repeatedly.
#9Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:08:39 PM
Raruwaru posted...
Ronteque posted...

What you just mentioned aren't developer caused problems, lets take a look:

-getting killed in 1-2 hits by monsters in Inferno 1 week after release was 100% intended. They wanted longevity and the balancing for that was pretty well done I'd say
-"stupid elite pack affixes" is personal preference, personally I'd rather have some sort of difficulty still remain after 500+ hours playing, but thats just me
-enrage timers...these weren't added until 1.0.3 or something (so if you stopped playing 1 week after release you never even experienced this) and unless you're terrible they shouldn't effect you
-glitching to inferno act 4... no comment
-gearing options were never just prim+vit+ar and they still aren't

It mostly just sounds like this genre of game just isn't your cup of tea since you were so quick to give up on it and you don't like standard ARPG mechanics even when they're executed well. Don't get me wrong, there WERE plenty of problems shortly after release, but none of what you listed were them.

Actually, I love ARPG games. Diablo 2 was my first "real" pc game. I loved Titan Quest, Torchlight and the new Torchlight 2 as well. My all time favourite is probably still Diablo 2. I was really looking forward to 15 May.

At release, Diablo 3 just lacked the "omph" once you reached end-game. I remember how frustrated I was with the game. I was stucked farming act 1 inferno butcher with 5 stacks and all I get is level 50s yellow vendor crap. I couldn't get to act 2 with my Barb because I die in 2 to 3 hits. I tried all kinds of builds, throw barb, sprint barb. And yes it was all about stacking prim, vit, AR to get further into the game AND a 1h 700 life per hit weapon and a shield.

I just want to know if there has been improvements made to the game over these past few months. I don't want to go back farming Inferno butcher over and over again just to get yellow vendor trash. I want variety. I want to go around, kill stuff, find rares and legendaries that I can actually USE. All my items was from AH as I could never find anything that I could use because anything I find will never be better than the items sold on the AH and the items sold on AH are ridiculously priced at that time.
#10Mad_Cow46Posted 11/12/2012 11:13:16 PM
You will still get oodles of trash. It has improved a little but you won't be getting über drops very often.
---
Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.