In all honesty, how is this game now?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. In all honesty, how is this game now?
3 years ago#11
I remember playing Diablo 2 and how I really enjoyed running Act 3 Hell Mephisto over and over and over and over again.

In Diablo 3, I just couldn't run Inferno Butcher over and over and over and over again.

The difference?

D2 Act 3 Mephisto Run
Run 1) Ohh a nice gold texted item dropped! Can't wait to identify it
Run 2) Ohhh a Shaco dropped!
Run 3) Hmmmm
Run 4) A stormshield!
Run 5) Immortal King's boots!

D3 Act 1 Inferno Butcher run
Run1) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 2) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 3) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 4) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 5) A LEGENDARY!!!! YESS!!! *identifies* WTF IS THIS SH*T INT ON MY GRANDFATHER

Now.. have the above mentioned been changed?
3 years ago#12
No it really hasn't.
---
Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
3 years ago#13
Ronteque posted...
I remember playing Diablo 2 and how I really enjoyed running Act 3 Hell Mephisto over and over and over and over again.

In Diablo 3, I just couldn't run Inferno Butcher over and over and over and over again.

The difference?

D2 Act 3 Mephisto Run
Run 3) Hmmmm
Run 4) A stormshield!

Run 5) A LEGENDARY!!!! YESS!!! *identifies* WTF IS THIS SH*T INT ON MY GRANDFATHER

Bald face lie if you think stuff dropped that frequent in D2. Sorcs and Hammerdins stacked massive amounts of MF. It's harder to do in D3 without gimping yourself thus you would be best taking advantage of Paragons and NV stacks.
3 years ago#14
MMF_Legacy posted...
Ronteque posted...

The difference?

D2 Act 3 Mephisto Run
Run 3) Hmmmm
Run 4) A stormshield!

Bald face lie if you think stuff dropped that frequent in D2. Sorcs and Hammerdins stacked massive amounts of MF. It's harder to do in D3 without gimping yourself thus you would be best taking advantage of Paragons and NV stacks.

The point is, when stuff do drop in D2, they are actually stuff that is worth keeping to trade for something else. In D3, you just vendor them. It is like rolling a slot machine with only "1 line".
3 years ago#15
If you already uninstalled this game from your computer, my advise, don't come back.

If you have this game still installed on your computer, and still come here to ask this question; don't waste your time waiting for answers, go try it yourself.
---
3 years ago#16
I think the most important thing is that you can find all the stuff you need yourself now.
In the past you had to go to AH to find anything decent.
But since the buffs and drop increase of legendaries you are much less depended of AH.

In fact. I have planned to put all the avarage legendaries on secudary characters when I get all of them to lvl60.
---
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Motions-2564/
3 years ago#17
It's... decent now, I must admit, but it still has ways to go.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mosse190 - Samurai190
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
3 years ago#18
Motions_NL posted...
I think the most important thing is that you can find all the stuff you need yourself now.
In the past you had to go to AH to find anything decent.
But since the buffs and drop increase of legendaries you are much less depended of AH.

In fact. I have planned to put all the avarage legendaries on secudary characters when I get all of them to lvl60.

Hmmm.. This sounds good.

IKR, I really hated how I couldn't find anything better than what was on the AH back then.. I think I will give this another run.
3 years ago#19
Crono3001 posted...
same old

---
There's no group of people more delusional than D3 fanboys. Including scientologists.
3 years ago#20
Ronteque posted...
I just want to know if there has been improvements made to the game over these past few months. I don't want to go back farming Inferno butcher over and over again just to get yellow vendor trash. I want variety. I want to go around, kill stuff, find rares and legendaries that I can actually USE.

I've reinstalled the game 2 weeks ago and have completed finished from Act2 first quest Inferno with my barbarian stuck originally at Inferno Butcher runs with monster power turned off.
I'd say they game's been made significantly easier. Hence if you wish you can tweak the difficulty for more rewarding loot via monster power.

The downside is that the game is more like a single player game then ever.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. In all honesty, how is this game now?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived