In all honesty, how is this game now?

#41ThundercleesePosted 11/13/2012 9:39:56 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...

Drop rate has been improved, but most gear is still ****. Legendaries and set modifiers have been improved, but again, most of them are ****. Still a very low chance of seeing them, and an even lower chance of it being useful or worth anything.

Bull****. With the improved drop rate, monster nerfs, NV buffs, character buffs/paragon levels, and Monster Power, the chances of finding them are MUCH higher, and I've certainly been finding way better stuff and many more sets and legendaries since 1.0.5. Pre-1.0.5, I could count the number I found on one hand. Now, I've completely lost track of how many I've found. Several of them have been quite valuable, and very useful.

Also, this idea that "most gear is ***" is BS. You and everyone else will find plenty of good items, throughout Inferno now. Good items, in this case being, stuff that you can actually use to defeat Inferno difficulty. You pretty much are not required to farm at all in order to beat the game now. You can win with what you find and/or buy cheap only with in-game gold on-hand from playing normally. The idea that you must "pay to win" is completely gone now.

If you want to find stuff that will allow you to easily steamroll higher monster powers or that will sell for huge amounts of money on the AH, those items will be much harder to find--the way it's supposed to be. This is the only way that would allow the game to retain any challenge or any sort of economy where players feel some sense of reward for finding items in the long run. If everyone could easily find the best stuff in the game, everyone would lose interest immediately.

But the fact remains that just because hard to find godly items exist doesn't mean that the easy to find ones are ****.

So no, nothing has changed. They've adjusted how the game is presented, but it's as unrewarding as it was at launch.

Again, complete nonsense. Most of the stuff the TC asked about has been addressed--substantially--since launch, as I already covered in detail. Pretending they don't exist doesn't mean the changes didn't happen.
---
Don't think of it as deferred gratification. Think of it as immediate suffering. - Peter Bellamy
#42rjames80Posted 11/13/2012 9:45:42 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
^
None of that changes the terrible itemization that forces most Inferno players to hit the AH for gear, which is what the main problem was and still is.

I would explain why you're full of s*** but Thundercleese already did that in the post right after yours. Have you even played the game since 1.05 came out? Your post leads me to believe that you haven't.
---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#43soma2035Posted 11/13/2012 9:52:53 AM
Ronteque posted...
I remember playing Diablo 2 and how I really enjoyed running Act 3 Hell Mephisto over and over and over and over again.

In Diablo 3, I just couldn't run Inferno Butcher over and over and over and over again.

The difference?

D2 Act 3 Mephisto Run
Run 1) Ohh a nice gold texted item dropped! Can't wait to identify it
Run 2) Ohhh a Shaco dropped!
Run 3) Hmmmm
Run 4) A stormshield!
Run 5) Immortal King's boots!

D3 Act 1 Inferno Butcher run
Run1) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 2) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 3) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 4) Ohh a bunch of yellows... *identifies all* zzzz vendor trash
Run 5) A LEGENDARY!!!! YESS!!! *identifies* WTF IS THIS SH*T INT ON MY GRANDFATHER

Now.. have the above mentioned been changed?

D2 Act 3 Mephisto Run
Run 1) Gold-texted item... wait Mephisto doesn't drop any good uniques, why am I picking this up?
Run 2) Oh another Shako. Hmm if I spend 5 minutes selling this... I only need 49,999 more to buy a decent weapon for my Paladin. Nah, I'm leaving it.
Run 3) Nothing...
Run 4) A stormshield? This is worth less than the Shako.
Run 5) Immortal King's boots... might as well be Sander's, my friend actually collects those. Besides, why am I running Meph? He doesn't drop anything of value anyhow.
---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption,that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#44Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:58:11 AM
rjames80 posted...
The first thing that you need to realize is that when anybody creates a topic like this it draws all of the trolls out of their caves. People that say nothing has changed are probably in the same boat as you and haven't played the game since shortly after launch but for some reason they still come here regularly to try and discourage others from enjoying the game. With that being said, there have been several improvements made to D3 over the past few months. I will try to list most of them but I'm sure I'll end up missing a few.

-Monster Power (allows you to choose difficulty 0-10)
-Uber bosses/Hellfire ring
-Infernal machine crafting/Key Wardens
-Paragon levels (100 more levels that increase stats and MF/GF)
-Revamped legends/sets
-Skill/class balancing
-Increased drop rate for legends/sets
-Followers buffed
-Elite/champs affixes nerfed
-Monster damage/HP nerfed
-Monsters/elites don't regenerate health
-Repair fees buffed then nerfed
-New shrines
-Events and resplendent chests give NV now
-New unique monsters for events
-Don't lose NV if you leave the game and come back during multiplayer
-Several AH improvements
-No items under lvl 58 drop in inferno
-All items can roll lvl 63 stats on MP 1 or higher
-All acts have the same difficulty/drop rates on MP 1 or higher
-Enemy damage doesn't increase when playing multiplayer
-Enemy health boost decreased to 70% per person for multiplayer
-MF/GF is no longer shared between the party in multiplayer

I'm sure there's at least a few more. Please feel free to add or make corrections if anybody notices anything I missed or got wrong.

EDIT: Added "affixes" to elite/champs nerfed.

The above listed changes are definitely for the better. The reason I left the game was frustration over how my Barb was stuck on act 1 inferno forever trying to farm gear but could never get anything I could use. I could go to act 2 inferno but the white mobs right outside the town gate would 1 - 2 hit me instantly.

All this is good enough for me. I will probably run MP1 on inferno act 1 if I can. I am glad there are actually people here that provide constructive feedback on how this game has progressed over the months.

I am definitely coming back to give this game another chance now.
#45noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/13/2012 10:00:49 AM
rjames80 posted...
I would explain why you're full of s*** but Thundercleese already did that in the post right after yours. Have you even played the game since 1.05 came out? Your post leads me to believe that you haven't.

About 30 hours, and yes, the loot system is still broken. You find good stuff when you first return, I went from 12k dps to 40k dps on my monk from clearing Act 3 (where I was stuck shortly after launch) and finishing Inferno. That was probably 2-3 hours. The rest of the time, gold has been better at gearing me than the gear I was finding. Best thing I found was a perfectly rolled Dawn that only sold for 200k because despite being a perfectly rolled Legendary, there are better legendaries for demon hunters, so it's adding more unnecessary randomization to the loot list.

It's still:

#1 Hope it drops
#2 Hope it rolls well (and this is where you're usually going to be screwed)
#3 If it's a set or legendary, hope it's one of the one's people actually want, otherwise hoping for #2 is essentially useless

Paragon levels are just another bar to fill up, and the grind is ridiculous. Once you hit level 30, it's about, what, 8 hours per level (assuming ring + helm gem + mp2 or 3 which is what most people do xp farm on)? Level 40 of Paragon is only 10% of the total XP you need to hit 100, which means you'll spend a lot of time doing Act 3 runs (previous acts don't have enough monster density to be worthwhile, Act 4 is still incredibly deadly so that makes it a waste of time). Farming one act for hundreds of hours on end so you can farm it more efficiently = fun?

Okay.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#46HoMeLeSsBoBPosted 11/13/2012 10:06:50 AM
I haven't really stopped playing since 1.05 so they did something right in my book.
#47Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:08:52 AM(edited)
noimnoturdaddy posted...
rjames80 posted...

About 30 hours, and yes, the loot system is still broken. You find good stuff when you first return, I went from 12k dps to 40k dps on my monk from clearing Act 3 (where I was stuck shortly after launch) and finishing Inferno. That was probably 2-3 hours. The rest of the time, gold has been better at gearing me than the gear I was finding. Best thing I found was a perfectly rolled Dawn that only sold for 200k because despite being a perfectly rolled Legendary, there are better legendaries for demon hunters, so it's adding more unnecessary randomization to the loot list.

It's still:

#1 Hope it drops
#3 If it's a set or legendary, hope it's one of the one's people actually want, otherwise hoping for #2 is essentially useless

Paragon levels are just another bar to fill up, and the grind is ridiculous. Once you hit level 30, it's about, what, 8 hours per level (assuming ring + helm gem + mp2 or 3 which is what most people do xp farm on)? Level 40 of Paragon is only 10% of the total XP you need to hit 100, which means you'll spend a lot of time doing Act 3 runs (previous acts don't have enough monster density to be worthwhile, Act 4 is still incredibly deadly so that makes it a waste of time). Farming one act for hundreds of hours on end so you can farm it more efficiently = fun?

Okay.

But isn't that the point of the whole game? The paragon seems good to me. It gives you an incentive to keep playing your character even though you hit max level 60. It isn't just another bar to fill. It gives you additional MF and GOLD find. I am glad it isn't easy to hit level 100 paragon. That would kill the purpose of this paragon level.

I remember how difficult it was getting a character to level 99 back in Diablo 2. Honestly, I have never reached level 99 in Diablo 2. This paragon level is probably there to give you a sense of "progress" to keep you playing past your maximum level.
#48rjames80Posted 11/13/2012 10:09:59 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
rjames80 posted...

It's still:

#1 Hope it drops

Okay.

rjames80 posted...
I would explain why you're full of s*** but Thundercleese already did that in the post right after yours.

Thundercleese posted...
If you want to find stuff that will allow you to easily steamroll higher monster powers or that will sell for huge amounts of money on the AH, those items will be much harder to find--the way it's supposed to be. This is the only way that would allow the game to retain any challenge or any sort of economy where players feel some sense of reward for finding items in the long run. If everyone could easily find the best stuff in the game, everyone would lose interest immediately.

As far as farming paragon levels goes, who's forcing you to do that? Just play the game and the levels will come. No need to farm them unless you're in some sort of rush to get to 100. There's going to be more patches and an expansion or two sometime in the future which will give you plenty of more things to do while gaining paragon levels.
---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#49Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:12:48 AM
rjames80 posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...
rjames80 posted...

It's still:

#1 Hope it drops

Okay.

rjames80 posted...
I would explain why you're full of s*** but Thundercleese already did that in the post right after yours.

Thundercleese posted...

As far as farming paragon levels goes, who's forcing you to do that? Just play the game and the levels will come. No need to farm them unless you're in some sort of rush to get to 100. There's going to be more patches and an expansion or two sometime in the future which will give you plenty of more things to do while gaining paragon levels.

Speaking of expansions I really hope they take some ideas from Torchlight 2, adding:
1) Mapworks
2) Followers can hold your items and sell for you
3) New classes of course.
#50angermngment101Posted 11/13/2012 10:31:04 AM
ITT: The fanboys will love this game no matter what.

But the game is still bad.
---
Gamefax