In all honesty, how is this game now?

#51JonWhitakerPosted 11/13/2012 10:35:47 AM(edited)
I think the problem lies in this game being online only and trying to have a stable economy. the moment the ah was implemented, blizzard realized (correctly) that gear needs lots of random affixes for the ah to work properly. the best gear needs to be extremely rare. if d3 had d2s items and drop rates the economy would tank instantly, because the best items hardly had varying affixes (I know there are a few exceptions.) you'd see thousands of the almost exact same items up for trade on the ah and it would be very hard to sell anything.

people who enjoy a single player experience like finding upgrades and useful items pretty consistently. diablo 3 is not the same as diablo 2 in this regard, it is a different beast altogether. constant upgrades and mostly useful items would flood the ah and render it useless fast.

there are benefits to having the ah (personally I enjoy it) and there are plenty of cons as well. some people enjoy mods, easy upgrades, and getting through a game quickly and not looking back. others enjoy abiding by the rules, competing legitimately, and spending time to earn their gear.

I think ultimately the people looking for the single player experience in diablo 3 need to step back and take diablo 3 for what it is, and consider it is not diablo 2 and possibly not the game for them. I do not see the auction house being removed in d3's future.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lightningbla-1777/
#52ThundercleesePosted 11/13/2012 10:39:15 AM
angermngment101 posted...
ITT: The fanboys will love this game no matter what.

But the game is still bad.

ITT, there are the people who directly answer the questions specifically asked, explaining how the game has factually changed and improved since launch, and then there are the trolls who outright lie and pretend nothing has changed.
---
Don't think of it as deferred gratification. Think of it as immediate suffering. - Peter Bellamy
#53mrplanktomPosted 11/13/2012 10:57:06 AM
Ronteque posted...
The reason I left the game was frustration over how my Barb was stuck on act 1 inferno forever trying to farm gear but could never get anything I could use.

If you had issues back then in a1 inferno, you will have to run inferno on MP0, which is the same difficulty as a1 inferno back then.

The drops are still very bad on a1 inferno MP0.

You'll see.

Just go try it and then come back and TELL US how it is instead of having us TELL YOU.

I am definitely coming back to give this game another chance now.

Good, let us know how it goes.

I already know, my good friend tried it a few days ago and said it's just as bad as it was week 1.

Same grindyness.

Same terrible drops.

All balanced to keep that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$RMAH economy from "tanking".
---
There's no group of people more delusional than D3 fanboys. Including scientologists.
#54rjames80Posted 11/13/2012 11:19:23 AM
mrplanktom posted...
A bunch of things that trolls say.

rjames80 posted...
The first thing that you need to realize is that when anybody creates a topic like this it draws all of the trolls out of their caves. People that say nothing has changed are probably in the same boat as you and haven't played the game since shortly after launch but for some reason they still come here regularly to try and discourage others from enjoying the game.

---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#55noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/13/2012 11:20:12 AM
Thundercleese posted...
ITT, there are the people who directly answer the questions specifically asked, explaining how the game has factually changed and improved since launch, and then there are the trolls who outright lie and pretend nothing has changed.

People having a different opinion from yours = trolls and liars. If ever there was a reason for a person to ignore what you say, this is it.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#56JonWhitakerPosted 11/13/2012 11:22:00 AM
mrplanktom posted...
Ronteque posted...
The reason I left the game was frustration over how my Barb was stuck on act 1 inferno forever trying to farm gear but could never get anything I could use.

If you had issues back then in a1 inferno, you will have to run inferno on MP0, which is the same difficulty as a1 inferno back then.

The drops are still very bad on a1 inferno MP0.

You'll see.

Just go try it and then come back and TELL US how it is instead of having us TELL YOU.

I am definitely coming back to give this game another chance now.

Good, let us know how it goes.

I already know, my good friend tried it a few days ago and said it's just as bad as it was week 1.

Same grindyness.

Same terrible drops.

All balanced to keep that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$RMAH economy from "tanking".

you see the rmah as just a way for blizzard to make more money and that's it and I have to say it isn't that black and white.

in d2, third party sites selling diablo items was a huge thing. people bought characters, items, whatever from them constantly and not only did we not get a chance to be part of the action (selling items ourselves was risky and a pain), but the money players spent on the items didn't even go to the company that made the game.

did you have the same raging complaints about third party sites while playing diablo 2? imagine if all that money went to blizzard instead of those website owners. maybe diablo 2 could of had more updates, better security, and possibly another expansion.

almost every other company I know of that sells in game items collects 100% of the profit. there is not -nearly- as much complaining about these services, and it's so much worse than how the rmah is set up.

not only do we get 75% of the sale, but we have a safe and reliable system to make the trade, and only 15% of the money goes to the people who created the game (ya know, the ones responsible for this opportunity to even exist). that money can go to on going updates, expansions, security, ect.

and to top it all off, the rmah wouldn't even work if it wasn't for us, the players, choosing to use it. if everyone thought it was so horrible, no one would use it and no one would get money for it, blizzard or us.

how can you argue that?
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lightningbla-1777/
#57noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/13/2012 11:28:26 AM
JonWhitaker posted...
almost every other company I know of that sells in game items collects 100% of the profit. there is not -nearly- as much complaining about these services, and it's so much worse than how the rmah is set up.

Those games are called "free-to-plays". You don't buy the game, but you buy into it with "unnecessary" services.

JonWhitaker posted...
that money can go to on going updates, expansions, security, ect.

Is that why botters and exploits still exist, months after release? If they cared, they wouldn't ban in semi-annual waves, they'd be taking immediate action.

JonWhitaker posted...
and to top it all off, the rmah wouldn't even work if it wasn't for us, the players, choosing to use it. if everyone thought it was so horrible, no one would use it and no one would get money for it, blizzard or us.

Believe it or not, some people get addicted to gambling. D3 is a game that's built on gambling, and you have the option to spend money in the RMAH so you can gamble more efficiently (survive higher MPs, farm faster).

It is what it is and it won't change, but if you think Blizzard didn't build this game around the AH to maximize long-term profits, you have a lot left to experience in the world. Business isn't philanthropic, the profits are profits. Class balancing, elite changes, gameplay additions, yet the core remains the same. Again, I've put in a decent chunk of time since 1.05, and despite all the "changes", it's exactly the same. Blizzard is a master of creating illusions in their games, it's very convincing, but you'll eventually look back on stuff like this and go man, how could I have been so stupid?

It isn't trolling, lying or tin-foil hats, it's honesty, because it's how business works.
---
#58rjames80Posted 11/13/2012 11:31:47 AM(edited)
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Thundercleese posted...

People having a different opinion from yours = trolls and liars. If ever there was a reason for a person to ignore what you say, this is it.

mrplanktom posted...
Crono3001 posted...
same old

= Lying trolls

samurai1900 posted...
It's... decent now, I must admit, but it still has ways to go.

= Somebody with a different opinion but not a troll.

Can you tell the difference between the two?

EDIT: Guy above me = tinfoil hat
---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#59ThundercleesePosted 11/13/2012 11:29:17 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Thundercleese posted...

LOL... like I said, two types of people... The TC asked if specific things have changed since release. They have changed. This is a fact, it is not an opinion. Check the patch notes for explanations in detail, with exact numbers provided in many cases, to see how they have changed if you still refuse to believe the numerous changes listed in this topic have actually been made. You may not like the game now or ever, which is fine, but saying nothing has changed is not an "opinion," it's a lie, and insisting upon it makes you a troll.
---
Don't think of it as deferred gratification. Think of it as immediate suffering. - Peter Bellamy
#60noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/13/2012 11:39:43 AM(edited)
rjames80 posted...
EDIT: Guy above me = tinfoil hat

If a magician makes a deck of cards disappear, do you believe it?

No, but if it's a good magician, you won't understand what he did to make the trick work until much later, long after the performance is done (and if he's a great magician, long after he's made some $$$). Directs your attention where he wants it, asks you questions you can't help but affirm, talks fast so you're constantly distracted and before you know it, voila.

Master magicians = masters of business. Figured this out when when I was ten years old. How long is it going to take you?
---