In all honesty, how is this game now?

#81mrplanktomPosted 11/13/2012 1:11:06 PM
rjames80 posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...
rjames80 posted...
JonWhitaker posted...
also, there are plenty of games that cost money that allow you to buy items instead of earning them, most any popular cellphone game does this.

Mass Effect 3 is a good example of this. It was not FTP and it gave you the option of buying items instead of earning them.

I don't consider cellphone games video games, I thought we were talking about actual AAA titles. ME3 works the same way D3 does. You can earn the points to buy a shot at unlocking what you want (it's random though), or you can buy the packs with real $$$ for more shots. Can you buy specifics? If they've added that, it's better, but still a parasitic move.

It being a recent trend doesn't mean it's been required for video games to survive from day 1. If you've rationalized it as okay, it's because you've become sick of feeling like you're being screwed and would rather convince yourself it's something better.

rjames80 posted...
Except that there's no trick necessary. If I think that I'm having fun then I'm having fun. That's pretty much how fun works. Is it even possible for somebody to think that they're having fun when they're really not? If I wasn't enjoying something then I would move on to something that I do enjoy. It's not like there's a lack of options available.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you're too dumb to understand what I'm talking about. You might feel offended, but that's a compliment. Enjoy yourself.

Resulting to insults because you have a weak argument?

LMFAO you do the exact same thing.
---
There's no group of people more delusional than D3 fanboys. Including scientologists.
#82rjames80Posted 11/13/2012 1:19:33 PM(edited)
mrplanktom posted...
LMFAO you do the exact same thing.

Not at all. You're a troll that doesn't even make an argument. You just constantly come on here and say stuff like "LMFAO diablow 3 sucks LOL". Other than insults, you're not even worth taking the time to address.

EDIT: TL;DR If you actually came here and said something intelligent for once then maybe you would get an intelligent reply.
---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#83JonWhitakerPosted 11/13/2012 1:38:42 PM(edited)
mrplanktom posted...
JonWhitaker posted...

in d2, third party sites selling diablo items was a huge thing.

Yeah, but D2's drops weren't balanced around it.

I know, but that's where diablo 2 and three really differ from one another. diablo 3 added the ah, which has plenty of pros and cons.

pros:
-trading is streamlined. trading items for items in d2 was frustrating and hardly ever went over well, plus spamming the trade chat along with every other bot was just a pain.
-gold is the currency. a currency that makes sense, rather than player created currencies (by duping mind you) such as sojs or runes.
-ability to search for what you need instead of hoping to find someone in trade channel that happens to have the item you want and wants the random items you have to trade for it.
-ability to make $ on the side safely if you want to
-safe trading

cons
-items need more random affixes and to be more rare to make the ah work
-people can buy their way into the game instead of spending time to get better
-blizzard gets a cut of the money you make selling their items for real money
-constant upgrades cannot drop or it would ruin the economy quickly

personally I prefer having the ah. I think there are enough pros to argue why it's not all bad and evil and blizzard only wants to make your life miserable. the problem is people who refuse to use the ah to get a single player experience and expect constant upgrades and useful items to drop. with the ah implemented and the game being online only, this can't be possible.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lightningbla-1777/
#84noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/13/2012 1:45:08 PM
rjames80 posted...
PS: Resulting - Occur or follow as a consequence.Your insults occurred or followed as a consequence of your weak argument. I'm pretty sure resulting worked in the way that I used it. Resorting would have worked as well.

Would work if you said "Resulting in", you said "Resulting to", which indicates you meant to go with "Resorting to". This is an easy concept for me to teach you, as it's right there in front of you.

Again, I wasn't attacking you. Being average is celebrated, I still don't know why you're so upset over having exposed yourself as such.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#85rjames80Posted 11/13/2012 1:53:59 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
rjames80 posted...
PS: Resulting - Occur or follow as a consequence.Your insults occurred or followed as a consequence of your weak argument. I'm pretty sure resulting worked in the way that I used it. Resorting would have worked as well.

Would work if you said "Resulting in", you said "Resulting to", which indicates you meant to go with "Resorting to". This is an easy concept for me to teach you, as it's right there in front of you.

Again, I wasn't attacking you. Being average is celebrated, I still don't know why you're so upset over having exposed yourself as such.

Dress it up however you like. Insults and grammar policing, it looks like you truly realize how weak your argument was. What's next? Are you going to start questioning my user name or pointing out how low my karma is? It's ok, maybe somebody tricked you in to believing that you're actually clever.
---
#86noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/13/2012 2:07:05 PM
rjames80 posted...
Dress it up however you like. Insults and grammar policing, it looks like you truly realize how weak your argument was. What's next? Are you going to start questioning my user name or pointing out how low my karma is? It's ok, maybe somebody tricked you in to believing that you're actually clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#87rjames80Posted 11/13/2012 2:13:14 PM(edited)
noimnoturdaddy posted...
rjames80 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

No thanks

EDIT: but I should thank you for helping to speed up an otherwise slow work day. We should do this again sometime!
---
#88RaruwaruPosted 11/15/2012 12:21:27 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Raruwaru posted...
-getting killed in 1-2 hits by monsters in Inferno 1 week after release was 100% intended. They wanted longevity and the balancing for that was pretty well done I'd say

(1) Inferno wasn't balanced at all at launch, they even said (if you believe what they say) that they tested a difficulty that they thought was hard, and then doubled it. You don't remember that? It was almost a meme.

Raruwaru posted...
--enrage timers...these weren't added until 1.0.3 or something (so if you stopped playing 1 week after release you never even experienced this) and unless you're terrible they shouldn't effect you

(2) Wrong, enrage timers were there from day 1. I know because I remember them and I stopped playing during the third or fourth week.

Thundercleese posted...
1. Horrible Drops

The drop rate has improved. A lot. Legendaries and sets drop more often, and are much improved. Items (rares/sets/legendaries) now drop with improved stats. Nephalem Valor guarantees rare drops from elites/resplendent chests. There are now "Paragon Levels" which basically allow you to go up to level 160, gaining 3% Magic and Gold find per level, boosting your rate. You WILL find better stuff more often by a large margin now compared to release.

(3) Drop rate has been improved, but most gear is still ****. Legendaries and set modifiers have been improved, but again, most of them are ****. Still a very low chance of seeing them, and an even lower chance of it being useful or worth anything.

(4) So no, nothing has changed. They've adjusted how the game is presented, but it's as unrewarding as it was at launch.

1. Yes I remember that. I liked that more. It was more of a challenge. Even on mp10 its not challenging it just takes more time.

2. Ah, my mistake. I guess I just wasn't bad enough to ever encounter them.

3. Actually most gear doesn't still suck. I just picked the game up last week after not playing for ages, and had an incredibly easy time almost doubling my dps and EHP with less than 20m gold. Stop making excuses for being a bad player.

4. Actually a lot has changed. You might want to learn how to do a bit of research and reading before you start giving incorrect information and sounding so ignorant.
---
Man who walk through life sideways going to Bangkok repeatedly.