Please bring back rune words and charms

#11dietz2886(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 8:04:37 PM
My apologies... I forgot I'm not supposed to post anything on here that requires one to use their brain. I'm sure most of you read the title, didn't read any of the reasoning behind my opinion and decided to bash. It's funny, I can probably tell who you voted for just from a simple post on a videogame forum. Sad that the US has come that. For those of you that actually contributed and didn't post unnecessary offensive/defensive comments, thank you! You are a rare breed.
---
Steam ID: dietz2886 Game center ID (Iphone 4s): zonmon22
LOL SN: zanyanimefan
#12Masteraliber44Posted 11/18/2012 8:09:43 PM
dietz2886 posted...
My apologies... I forgot I'm not supposed to post anything on here that requires one to use their brain. I'm sure most of you read the title, didn't read any of the reasoning behind my opinion and decided to bash. It's funny, I can probably tell who you voted for just from a simple post on a videogame forum. Sad that the US has come that. For those of you that actually contributed and didn't post unnecessary offensive/defensive comments, thank you! You are a rare breed.

truth is charms are a good idea....in D2.

things like charms, runes, runewords etc. should just stay in D2. there is no point in bringing them over here, regardless how they're implemented.

Plus, most people on this thread just stated their opinions about charms, there is no need to be hostile. And in case you're wondering i voted for O.
---
What's the 1st (or 2nd) thing that comes to you when you think of Pokemon?
Religion and murder. ~Xodreev
#13GhidoranPosted 11/18/2012 8:16:08 PM
Uh, no one bashed you, except maybe the first guy. Stop being so sensitive.
---
Movie, comic and game reviews from yours truly:
http://mcgreviews.blogspot.com
#14Black_Zero_XPosted 11/18/2012 8:20:03 PM

I wasn't being offensive or defensive, I merely stated I hated charms.
---
You don't need a reason to help people.
Member of KAMOTE FORCE 5, Black_Zero_X!
#15Gator1982Posted 11/18/2012 8:37:22 PM(edited)
I wouldn't mind the rune words so much. Hell bring back jewels too (when I say jewels, that doesn't mean gems (topaz, rubies, etc) to the D2 ignorant), but not the charms. Waste of space.
---
Confucius say: He who thinks by the inch and talks by the yard deserves to be kicked by the foot.
#16lowlifeboyPosted 11/19/2012 2:17:49 PM
no for runewords since it can only be viable for chest and pants. 3 socket helms and weapons would really be over powered. just imagining people run with dual 3 socket weapons (600 crit damage) and having 54% life on helm is insane. jewels however can work.
---
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!
#17Succubus191Posted 11/19/2012 5:54:01 PM
My bet is that charms will come out with the expansion. This is what Bashiok had to say about charms / talisman which were in the game at some point prior to public beta.

"We really like the core idea, but we don't want to stop everything and spend a large amount of time trying to fix the Talisman, although we do have some great ideas already. So, it'll very likely come back in some form or another after the game ships. And be awesome."

For those that don't know, the talisman was an equipable item that held charms. This meant that there was no frustrating inventory tetris manuvering charms around your inventory. Also, since it was equipable I assume that there were different talismans which hold varying amounts of charms or did different things. Blizz removed some content (such as the Encahnter artisan which code is still partially in the game) and it is suspected that they will add this content in an expansion, I think the talisman will be a part of this re added content.

http://www.diablowiki.net/Talisman

^some pictures of the talisman with charms from old builds can be found there.
#18Enhancer_Posted 11/19/2012 5:56:45 PM
ok ill call my uncles dads friend who works @ blizz n tell him u want this
#19JERM57Posted 11/19/2012 6:04:26 PM
Calling people who disagree with your position "stupid" isn't exactly a very convincing argument. Says a lot about your own mental capacity though.
---
I guess you're right, I always assumed PK meant PvP. I never took it so literally. -- PenguinKoala. *actually admitted a mistake, shocker!*
#20AthinielPosted 11/19/2012 7:19:27 PM
No charms please.

I hated having no inventory space in D2.