How are you guys going to deal with the Expansion(s)?

#1BadKarma_JTPosted 11/19/2012 6:47:12 AM
There's no doubt in my mind, that the expansion is going to be overall subpar... there won't be any huge innovations like: endless dungeon mode, random maps or last stand mode, and we'll get a lot of the same old, i.e. 2 new classes, a single new on-rails act complete with terrible story, and maybe some new enemy models - but not too many.

But the one thing the expansion is guaranteed to do is make all your gear worthless. Part of the reason why they capped levels @60 was so that they could raise it for expansions. How are you gonna react? By the time release of the expansion is announced, EVERYONE is going to try to cashout.... market will be overloaded with supply and no one will be buying.

BTW I guess it already happened to a certain extent with the legendary remakes... but I think the powercreep gap will be bigger with the expansion.
---
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want..Where you can always find me.. and We'll have Halloween on Christmas!
#2kukingina2Posted 11/19/2012 6:49:27 AM
Like in any other game

good players will adapt and move on, bad players will whine and complain
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Robertzombie-1277/hero/4774941
So Is Metroid's gun a part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star Wars?
#3Emo Preppy KidPosted 11/19/2012 6:52:26 AM
kukingina2 posted...
Like in any other game

how does your skill in any way affect the quality of the expansion
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.
#4chrono7777777Posted 11/19/2012 7:02:22 AM
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
kukingina2 posted...
Like in any other game

Non-sequitur. The only question anyone asked in this thread was "how are you going to deal," not "what do you think the expansion will be like." Kukingina2's reply was appropriate.
#5rjames80Posted 11/19/2012 10:22:32 AM
Expansion won't increase level cap. That's what paragon levels are for. If anything, they'll just add some new gear.
---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#6Emo Preppy KidPosted 11/19/2012 10:51:26 AM
chrono7777777 posted...
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
kukingina2 posted...
Like in any other game

Non-sequitur. The only question anyone asked in this thread was "how are you going to deal," not "what do you think the expansion will be like." Kukingina2's reply was appropriate.

WHATEVER DUDE
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.
#7MMF_LegacyPosted 11/19/2012 1:27:20 PM
ITT: Expansion doesn't end up exactly like TC wants, therefore subpar.
#8BadKarma_JT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:11:19 PM
Expansion is the only reason why I wont buy gold... right now.

Would hate to spend $10.00 on 20m gold and get some currently nice equipment that becomes obsolete.
---
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want..Where you can always find me.. and We'll have Halloween on Christmas!
#9Mad_Cow46Posted 11/19/2012 6:25:00 PM
I will deal with it by playing it.
---
Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
#10JERM57Posted 11/19/2012 7:11:16 PM
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
chrono7777777 posted...
Emo Preppy Kid posted...
kukingina2 posted...
Like in any other game

WHATEVER DUDE

Replies to logical reasoning with ALLCAPS reply. Wow... you are like, the paragon of wisdom and human logic. Dude.
---
I guess you're right, I always assumed PK meant PvP. I never took it so literally. -- PenguinKoala. *actually admitted a mistake, shocker!*