Need some clarification with goblins

#1shanetmPosted 11/19/2012 6:38:59 PM
So I realize Pygmy tend to drop higher quality items, bandits drop gems and seekers drop books (or vice versa) and goblins are more likely to drop blues but I was just curious if anyone knows which ones are capable of dropping Legendary and set items. My roomate got a Legendary from a goblin once but he doesn't recall what color/type it was
---
XBL: TheShAnEMeIsTeR / Steam: Shane_Meister
Playing: Diablo3(PC) Borderlands2(PC) Pokemon White2(DS)
#2Mad_Cow46Posted 11/19/2012 6:45:21 PM
they all can.
---
Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
#3MMF_LegacyPosted 11/19/2012 6:45:55 PM
Umm..I always thought that the only difference was their looks and features. Didn't know, nor do I believe you, that they drop better than others. Need some confirmation here.
#4Succubus191Posted 11/19/2012 6:58:17 PM
The goblins that drop more weapons and items (compared to ones that drop gems for example) will have a better chance at dropping legendaries. They won't have a higher % that an item will be legendary but more items means more rolls of the dice.
#5shanetm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:00:57 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
Umm..I always thought that the only difference was their looks and features. Didn't know, nor do I believe you, that they drop better than others. Need some confirmation here.

I am 100% positive gobs are more likely to drop different things based on what type they are.

Especially when it comes to gems and books for seekers and bandits
---
XBL: TheShAnEMeIsTeR / Steam: Shane_Meister
Playing: Diablo3(PC) Borderlands2(PC) Pokemon White2(DS)
#6MMF_LegacyPosted 11/20/2012 1:56:53 PM
shanetm posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...

I am 100% positive gobs are more likely to drop different things based on what type they are.

Regardless, the first thing that goes through my mind when I see a gob is to clear the area around it and trap it with my Turrets. I don't look at what it is because I know no matter, I'm going to kill it.
#7rjames80Posted 11/20/2012 2:02:46 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
shanetm posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...

Regardless, the first thing that goes through my mind when I see a gob is to clear the area around it and trap it with my Turrets. I don't look at what it is because I know no matter, I'm going to kill it.

It's true, I've been noticing this since I first got to inferno months ago. If you watch for the different types you'll start to notice that pygmy drop the most rares, seekers drop more gems, bandits drop more tomes, and goblins drop more blues. I don't have any actual confirmation but months of "study" has confirmed this theory and it can be easily tested by anybody who cares to try. As for legends, they can all drop them but I would think pygmy and goblins have a higher chance since they drop more weapons/armor instead of tomes and gems. I have heard people claim that bandits have dropped legendary crafting plans though.
---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#8ZaruenKosaiPosted 11/20/2012 4:11:02 PM(edited)
rjames80 posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...
shanetm posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...

It's true, I've been noticing this since I first got to inferno months ago. If you watch for the different types you'll start to notice that pygmy drop the most rares, seekers drop more gems, bandits drop more tomes, and goblins drop more blues. I don't have any actual confirmation but months of "study" has confirmed this theory and it can be easily tested by anybody who cares to try. As for legends, they can all drop them but I would think pygmy and goblins have a higher chance since they drop more weapons/armor instead of tomes and gems. I have heard people claim that bandits have dropped legendary crafting plans though.

im gonna have to say no source no go..

i dont think this is true at all.. ive gotten lots of rares from all goblins(3 - 4 per at 5nv) . i NEVER get blues from any gobs

Ill be more observant from now on and see how accurate this thread is :D
#9Lord of NightmaresPosted 11/20/2012 6:24:17 PM
I can confirm that I've gotten white and blue loot drops from goblins even on MP 4 with about 430-ish% MF.

That being said, I don't think I've ever gotten a single set item off a goblin to date, the few that I've found have been from random white mobs for some reason so I guess it's all down to luck. I have gotten 2-3 legendaries though, but nothing particularly memorable.
#10CanuckCowboyPosted 11/20/2012 6:28:07 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
shanetm posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...

I haven't noted which is which, but I have definitely noticed that one of the bunch is far more likely to drop gems, so even without paying more attention and testing it I definitely believe this.
---
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it is on my list.
~*CFH*~