Returning player - Whats changed since Paragon?

#11MSIMagus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:25:01 AM
Thanks! I guess its just figuring out how the machine thing works and re-installing the game! Hopefully I didnt sell too much of my equipment before I left ;)
---
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
#12Sasquatch8080Posted 12/6/2012 10:32:26 AM
MSIMagus posted...
Thanks! I guess its just figuring out how the machine thing works and re-installing the game! Hopefully I didnt sell too much of my equipment before I left ;)

One positive that was not mentioned yet, the lowest ilvl item you will find is 58 in inferno, the %drop of all the ilevels does not vary by act. You are free to farm any act you like which is helpful since each of the three keys to make the machines drop in their own specific act.
---
Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sasquatch80-1868/hero/5478713
#13EternalFlame66Posted 12/6/2012 10:35:12 AM
Sasquatch8080 posted...
MSIMagus posted...

One positive that was not mentioned yet, the lowest ilvl item you will find is 58 in inferno, the %drop of all the ilevels does not vary by act. You are free to farm any act you like which is helpful since each of the three keys to make the machines drop in their own specific act.

You have to have monster power active for that though. MP1+
---
Such is your fate.
#14ThundercleesePosted 12/6/2012 10:48:22 AM
MSIMagus posted...
Hmmmm that doesnt sound very positive. Do the higher drop rates at least make up for the increased difficulty? I was already stuck on Act 3 Inferno on my DH and Barb as it was ;(

Finally how do the machines work? Like I read that you gather organs or something if I am correct. But where do you get them/take them and whats special bout this place?

Woah, hold on here, let me clear something up.

The game now is MUCH MUCH easier, not harder. It defaults to "no monster power", which is by FAR the easiest version of Diablo 3 to date. Inferno is pretty damn easy now by default.

Monster Power, when cranked up to the higher settings, has the potential to make it harder than it was previously, but that's entirely optional, and if you do, you are rewarded with bonus exp, bonus magic find, bonus gold find, and bonus item drops.

Right now, you have to go up to monster power 3-4 (at least in act 3 to 4) to get to roughly the same difficulty of monsters in 1.0.4. Also keep in mind monsters in 1.0.4 (when paragon levels were first introduced) were significantly easier than in patches prior to that. There have been multiple nerfs to monsters since release.

Monsters/difficulty have now been nerfed to their weakest point (by a very wide margin) since the game has been out.
---
Don't think of it as deferred gratification. Think of it as immediate suffering. - Peter Bellamy
#15MSIMagus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:21:20 AM
Yeah, I figured out I was mixed up on that a bit ago. When he said +Monster Power I thought he meant something like they increased the average monsters/mobs attack str or something. I get now that he means the new system like D2's +Player X system. How do you change the mob difficulty btw? Is it in settings or what?

Finally anyone want to clear up how exactly the machine thing works? Is it just that you find specific items for the unlock in specifc acts or what? If so are they in a specific part of an act?

Thanks again everyone. Its nice seeing the boards be polite for a bit. Hopefully with these new changes it means many people(like myself)who were once negative about the game can now be positive again.
---
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
#16MSN 04 SazabiPosted 12/6/2012 11:27:23 AM
Not only that, but the most efficient way to farm is on mp0 or mp1. You only play on higher mp if you're a barb who needs monsters to live longer so you can get more fury or if you're faring for keys.
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#17rjames80Posted 12/6/2012 11:33:46 AM(edited)
Infernal Machines

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/New_Event_The_Infernal_Machine-10_15_2012

Everything you need to know.

EDIT: There are also many people on this board that provide help getting keys or fighting ubers. Several topics on this can be found by searching for the words "keys" or "ubers".
---
Jay Wilson, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
#18ThundercleesePosted 12/6/2012 11:34:27 AM
MSIMagus posted...
Yeah, I figured out I was mixed up on that a bit ago. When he said +Monster Power I thought he meant something like they increased the average monsters/mobs attack str or something. I get now that he means the new system like D2's +Player X system. How do you change the mob difficulty btw? Is it in settings or what?

Finally anyone want to clear up how exactly the machine thing works? Is it just that you find specific items for the unlock in specifc acts or what? If so are they in a specific part of an act?

Thanks again everyone. Its nice seeing the boards be polite for a bit. Hopefully with these new changes it means many people(like myself)who were once negative about the game can now be positive again.

For Monster Power, you first go into the settings and check the box for "Enable Monster Power." Then what happens is, before starting a game, you have the option to change quest (which was there before), but now you will see another drop-down box next to the difficulty select (normal to inferno), that lets you select monster power, anywhere from 0-10.

As for the Infernal Machine, just go to this link:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7597724/

That explains everything you want to know in detail.
---
Don't think of it as deferred gratification. Think of it as immediate suffering. - Peter Bellamy
#19MSIMagus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 11:44:06 AM
Thanks everyone! Ill check out the links. Dont normally do this but since everyone is so friendly ill toss out my tag and hope to add a few cool people to play with.

MSIMagus#1405
---
#20Sasquatch8080Posted 12/6/2012 11:56:04 AM
MSIMagus posted...
Thanks everyone! Ill check out the links. Dont normally do this but since everyone is so friendly ill toss out my tag and hope to add a few cool people to play with.

MSIMagus#1405

Your main your barb or your DH? Sorry, but I took a peek at your profile :)
---
Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sasquatch80-1868/hero/5478713