Diablo III PvP Update Blog is here! From the words of JW himself!

#11Mad_Cow46Posted 12/27/2012 11:55:41 AM
sorry guys JW feels PVP just isn't fun.
---
Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
#12beezer08Posted 12/27/2012 11:59:09 AM
Meh, I'm done with this game till the expansion
---
PSN: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#13Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 12:04:04 PM
I knew something was off. It didn't paste the rest of what I copied for some reason. Here's the rest of the blog in case anyone didn't click the link >_>

What's Next
So, our core problem is that our Team Deathmatch mode doesn't feel like a great addition to Diablo III. It's not up to the quality that Blizzard gamers expect or that we feel you deserve, and it doesn't really fit with our goals for the rest of the game. The question now is what are we going to do about it?
First and foremost, if our original goal was to support dueling, then we're not achieving that goal very well if we donít actually give players a way to duel in-game. Youíve been asking us for dueling for a while, so we're going to add it to the game soon. Dueling is currently scheduled to release with patch 1.0.7, which is set to hit sometime after the new year. (We'll be providing details about that feature very soon, so stay tuned.)
But as I mentioned before, we are going back to the drawing board on a new replacement for Team Deathmatch, something that feels more appropriate for Diablo III. And as we stated previously, regardless of when we release it, it'll be a free addition to the game. Team Deathmatch provided us with the foundation that we needed and served us well. Hell, it may even still be added in some form in the future. For now, though, we're going to first be looking at new modes that play up to the strengths of the character classes, focus on objectives beyond just defeating other players, and possibly even integrate PvE elements and rewards.

Keepin' It Real
We wanted to be upfront and honest with the community about where this particular project is at. It's certainly not ideal, and I know some of you got to play Team Deathmatch at BlizzCon and are probably thinking, "It seemed good enough! Just give us that." I also know how I feel whenever a game or game feature I'm looking forward to is delayed, but, as with all things Blizzard, we want to be sure that the features we add to Diablo III are actually worth it and will make the game better, and PvP is no exception.
While we don't have any further information to share right now about our plans for additional PvP modes, we look forward to posting more about dueling in the next few days.

^ bolded part. "next few days" in Blizzard time means "next few weeks or months".
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#14Mad_Cow46Posted 12/27/2012 12:06:55 PM
That's it. This game is officially the worst PVP based game ever.
---
Aren't you thankful?
#15LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/27/2012 12:16:15 PM
Translation: PvP requires too much thought and effort from our team of interns and Jay "I Have No Idea How to Make a Game" Wilson to handle. You're getting the PvP option that requires the least amount of work from us. Thanks for buying me an Audi, sheeple!
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#16Nether_RulerPosted 12/27/2012 12:19:24 PM
Wow...

So they basically scrapped the concept and are now starting over after it took them months to get this far?

Good lord.
---
Powdered Toast Man
#17Jitunu321Posted 12/27/2012 12:29:24 PM
Well sad to see this game still sucks, oh well.
#18rjames80Posted 12/27/2012 12:31:41 PM
NO! Epeen... is... shrinking. Must... have... PvP...
---
The "r" doesn't stand for "Rick"...
#19NewtypezPosted 12/27/2012 12:59:53 PM
I'm really looking fwd to more details. The most important one of all is: Rewards for winning. I hope there are rewards for winning. If there's nothing other than...hey! my toon is stronger. I will just give pvp a little spin and go back to looting in pve.
---
Currently Playing: DIABLO 3
DIABLO 3 Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HojoKing-1150/hero/5360007
#20Mad_Cow46Posted 12/27/2012 1:10:05 PM
Newtypez posted...
I'm really looking fwd to more details. The most important one of all is: Rewards for winning. I hope there are rewards for winning. If there's nothing other than...hey! my toon is stronger. I will just give pvp a little spin and go back to looting in pve.

The issue is that all of the winners will become unbetable and would prey on the weak.
---
Aren't you thankful?