Diablo III PvP Update Blog is here! From the words of JW himself!

#31kukingina2Posted 12/27/2012 1:19:27 PM
I don't understand why they could not implement this on Day 1 then just improve with patches

diablo pvp being not balanced is fine its not like pve is any different, too little too late jay wilson

and seriously the next big patch implements dueling?!? thats it?!? >_>
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#32KarmicDragon1Posted 12/27/2012 1:19:50 PM
EWGF posted...
... people still caring about PvP in Auctioneer Simulator: Pay-To-Win.ver? Here's your last coffin nail though for anyone who enjoyed D2, to be fair though.

I thought people wanted D3 to be more like D2? Now it's as pay-to-win as D2 was, and there'll be dueling to boot. Wasn't that what kept people playing D2 for 12 years?
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#33FitGamerPosted 12/27/2012 1:20:57 PM
EternalFlame66 posted...
Soon(tm)

Lol
#34KarmicDragon1Posted 12/27/2012 1:21:02 PM
Also to all the people saying they could easily implement this day 1. This is correct. Implementing dueling in a game that doesn't have it is as simple as changing "pvp=0" to "pvp=1" in an ini file.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#35RemakeMePosted 12/27/2012 1:21:13 PM
invyking posted...
is there any idea of about how long it will take them to put this into the game for reals??

they are scrapping it, and gonna go back to the drawing board. So expect it to be a few more years (NO JOKE)
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#36RemakeMePosted 12/27/2012 1:25:25 PM(edited)
KarmicDragon1 posted...
Also to all the people saying they could easily implement this day 1. This is correct. Implementing dueling in a game that doesn't have it is as simple as changing "pvp=0" to "pvp=1" in an ini file.

yet, the alternative is implementing hostility code which takes a year to implement. Do you have any idea how dumb you sound? This could of been EASILY added to any experience programmer on day release.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#37rjames80Posted 12/27/2012 1:25:41 PM
RemakeMe posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...

yet, the alternative is implementing hostility codewhich takes a year to implement. Do you have any idea how dumb you sound? This could of been EASILY added to any experience programmer on day release.

Why would they add it to a programmer? Wouldn't it be better to add it to the game instead?
---
The "r" doesn't stand for "Rick"...
#38RemakeMePosted 12/27/2012 1:30:04 PM(edited)
rjames80 posted...
RemakeMe posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...

yet, the alternative is implementing hostility codewhich takes a year to implement. Do you have any idea how dumb you sound? This could of been EASILY added to any experience programmer on day release.

Why would they add it to a programmer? Wouldn't it be better to add it to the game instead?

"to" is obviously suppose to be "by" instead.
---
#39KarmicDragon1Posted 12/27/2012 1:30:05 PM
Really? A single programmer could've easily gone through all every class, their skills, and all the millions of combinations of runes and how they would be interacting with player characters? Have you any idea how dumb you sound? I know I'm preaching to the choir here but no matter how much you hate Blizzard and Diablo 3, they have a minumum standard that they want to live up to.

But sure, if you wanted skills that would net your character stuck in a wall, or skills that sometimes work, and sometimes have no effect whatsoever, skills that cause you to randomly fall through the ground, and so on, and think that everyone would be all "Hey, I'm glad this pvp is in the game, hopefully Blizzard will polish it up in the future :)" then you are quite frankly a class A racing tyre.
---
#40RemakeMePosted 12/27/2012 1:34:51 PM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
Really? A single programmer could've easily gone through all every class, their skills, and all the millions of combinations of runes and how they would be interacting with player characters? Have you any idea how dumb you sound? I know I'm preaching to the choir here but no matter how much you hate Blizzard and Diablo 3, they have a minumum standard that they want to live up to.

But sure, if you wanted skills that would net your character stuck in a wall, or skills that sometimes work, and sometimes have no effect whatsoever, skills that cause you to randomly fall through the ground, and so on, and think that everyone would be all "Hey, I'm glad this pvp is in the game, hopefully Blizzard will polish it up in the future :)" then you are quite frankly a class A racing tyre.

wtf are you talking bout, every class, skill, runes etc? We are talking about ADDING DUEL BUTTON. Seriously, get a clue man because you have non you Blizzard sympathizer. What kind of problems do you think exist in this game? You know they had a working version of Arena Death Match already at least 4 years before the game came out? I'm sure they had those kinds of problems fixed years ago. The only reason PVP is not here day 1 is because Jay Wilson didnt want it here day 1. Also LOL at your "MILLIONS' of combinations.
---