Diablo III PvP Update Blog is here! From the words of JW himself!

#41KarmicDragon1Posted 12/27/2012 2:41:10 PM
RemakeMe posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...
Really? A single programmer could've easily gone through all every class, their skills, and all the millions of combinations of runes and how they would be interacting with player characters? Have you any idea how dumb you sound? I know I'm preaching to the choir here but no matter how much you hate Blizzard and Diablo 3, they have a minumum standard that they want to live up to.

But sure, if you wanted skills that would net your character stuck in a wall, or skills that sometimes work, and sometimes have no effect whatsoever, skills that cause you to randomly fall through the ground, and so on, and think that everyone would be all "Hey, I'm glad this pvp is in the game, hopefully Blizzard will polish it up in the future :)" then you are quite frankly a class A racing tyre.

wtf are you talking bout, every class, skill, runes etc? We are talking about ADDING DUEL BUTTON. Seriously, get a clue man because you have non you Blizzard sympathizer. What kind of problems do you think exist in this game? You know they had a working version of Arena Death Match already at least 4 years before the game came out? I'm sure they had those kinds of problems fixed years ago. The only reason PVP is not here day 1 is because Jay Wilson didnt want it here day 1. Also LOL at your "MILLIONS' of combinations.

Ah, yes, they had a working verson of the arena before they rebooted D3 and started over from scratch in late 2007. Very good argument, indeed. I stand corrected. Clearly they could have copypasted that code into the game and it would work fine. Especially since that was the build with talent trees in it. The point (which you can't seem to grasp) is that none of the offensive abilities in the game are programmed to interact with player characters. Hopefully Blizzard will hire you so you can implement pvp in less than an hour. Then again I thought nobody cared about pvp so why even implement it?
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#42LiquiDZerOPosted 12/27/2012 2:44:44 PM
kukingina2 posted...
I don't understand why they could not implement this on Day 1 then just improve with patches

maybe it's because people were complaining about paying to beta test the game. now people want to play an unfinished product? it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

however, i agree, this seems like it should have been implemented in the PTR. anyways i stopped playing this game around august. just wanted to pop in and see what the reaction was to JW's non-information post.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
#43EWGFPosted 12/27/2012 2:44:47 PM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
EWGF posted...
... people still caring about PvP in Auctioneer Simulator: Pay-To-Win.ver? Here's your last coffin nail though for anyone who enjoyed D2, to be fair though.

I thought people wanted D3 to be more like D2? Now it's as pay-to-win as D2 was, and there'll be dueling to boot. Wasn't that what kept people playing D2 for 12 years?

Hahahaha! The discrepancy in mid-tier gear and high tier gear is D2:X was tiny compared to this game bro, so the "pay-to-win" aspect of D2:X didn't mean jack when you were actually fighting someone.

Allow me:
For example, a weapon like 400/40+ Grief cost a lot in D2:X... but an inferior 390/36- Grief cost fairly little, and was like 99% as good. Here, the guy that paid substantially more for his weapon only enjoys an incredibly small gain over the guy that pays peanuts. Typically, these two players can compete in PvP on relatively even ground.

In D3 you get like a passable 1k wep with socket/crit/stat and your damage is utter trash compared to the guy who has like the 1.3k Echoing Fury, that does like 10%-15% more damage just from his 250$ weapon alone. Multiply that for every piece of gear, and you have a massive discrepancy of damage/gear. You have a lot of mid tier guys pulling say 100-150k, and then people doing over 300k without breaking a sweat.
This is because the discrepancy of gear is massive in this game, and tiny in D2.

Also, if the "Ability to Duel" is just added to the game it will suck: D2 gave you an avenue to find random duels... and this game doesn't currently. The addition of the feature in a game that's completely different to it's predecessor does not make the game "more like it", in fact in this case, it becomes less like it. I could join a 8-player game and do a DM/Duel/TDM. What can I do in D3 when this dueling feature comes along?
---
Soulcraft Science.
PSN: E-W-G-F
#44HamstermilkPosted 12/27/2012 2:56:56 PM
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
January?

PVP would be out "shortly" after release..

We wait while they polish and come up with new excuses and all they do now that they are finally releasing this is to add a duel button, is this for real?
The duel feature could not have been in the game since start because??

Mighty titans have fallen and all of that, seriously though, I never expected something this amazingly laughable as a conclusion to the PVP debacle in this game.

Must be a joke....
#45LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/27/2012 3:00:57 PM
EWGF posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...
EWGF posted...
... people still caring about PvP in Auctioneer Simulator: Pay-To-Win.ver? Here's your last coffin nail though for anyone who enjoyed D2, to be fair though.

I thought people wanted D3 to be more like D2? Now it's as pay-to-win as D2 was, and there'll be dueling to boot. Wasn't that what kept people playing D2 for 12 years?

Hahahaha! The discrepancy in mid-tier gear and high tier gear is D2:X was tiny compared to this game bro, so the "pay-to-win" aspect of D2:X didn't mean jack when you were actually fighting someone.

Allow me:
For example, a weapon like 400/40+ Grief cost a lot in D2:X... but an inferior 390/36- Grief cost fairly little, and was like 99% as good. Here, the guy that paid substantially more for his weapon only enjoys an incredibly small gain over the guy that pays peanuts. Typically, these two players can compete in PvP on relatively even ground.

In D3 you get like a passable 1k wep with socket/crit/stat and your damage is utter trash compared to the guy who has like the 1.3k Echoing Fury, that does like 10%-15% more damage just from his 250$ weapon alone. Multiply that for every piece of gear, and you have a massive discrepancy of damage/gear. You have a lot of mid tier guys pulling say 100-150k, and then people doing over 300k without breaking a sweat.
This is because the discrepancy of gear is massive in this game, and tiny in D2.

Also, if the "Ability to Duel" is just added to the game it will suck: D2 gave you an avenue to find random duels... and this game doesn't currently. The addition of the feature in a game that's completely different to it's predecessor does not make the game "more like it", in fact in this case, it becomes less like it. I could join a 8-player game and do a DM/Duel/TDM. What can I do in D3 when this dueling feature comes along?

He never played D2 and likely would've been utterly crushed if he tried, so your very good points are going to go right over his head.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#46LiquiDZerOPosted 12/27/2012 3:01:18 PM
Hamstermilk posted...

We wait while they polish and come up with new excuses and all they do now that they are finally releasing this is to add a duel button, is this for real?
The duel feature could not have been in the game since start because??

Mighty titans have fallen and all of that, seriously though, I never expected something this amazingly laughable as a conclusion to the PVP debacle in this game.

Must be a joke....

They're polishing something and it's not the game or nice cars they bought from all the sales.

As for them being titans, this isn't the same dev team that did D2 or 1, it's Blizzard South who primarily worked on WoW post BC.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
#47KarmicDragon1Posted 12/27/2012 3:06:39 PM
I played Diablo 2. The game was essentially "dupe sojs and trade for good items. Look at a guide online for how you should spend your skill points and stat points".

I'm glad Diablo 3 moved away from that.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#48LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/27/2012 3:21:16 PM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
I played Diablo 2. The game was essentially "dupe sojs and trade for good items. Look at a guide online for how you should spend your skill points and stat points".

I'm glad Diablo 3 moved away from that.

Need I say more
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#49monkeypeelPosted 12/27/2012 3:49:42 PM
lol
#50Sasquatch8080Posted 12/27/2012 3:51:02 PM
I could see one thing they do that would piss off the masses would be to implement dueling: some people in HC duel thinking that it will just take then down to 1 health and be over, and they instead die due to a glitch....game over. That being said, they need to just throw it out there and develop it using an agile approach. Instead they are scared, and probably will never introduce any form of pvp.
---
Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sasquatch80-1868/hero/5478713
"And the rain will kill us all if we throw ourselves against the wall."