Diablo III PvP Update Blog is here! From the words of JW himself!

#51ryudo500Posted 12/27/2012 3:22:27 PM
not sure how the **** they were confident in showing us TD PvP and showing iton the floor then only a year later to say its not ready.

they ****** up by saying they were implementing PvP, its simple. becuase its a PvE game and mechanics are so one-sided, it will be tough to have a somewhat "balanced" pvP.

but that was in 09-2010, what have they been doing the past 2 years????

they had a great reference point in WoW and learn or pick things up from that game to implement in DIII yet its still broken.

and a huuuuuugeee ******* LOL @ the "betatesters" who said PvP would only be fun for about 2 hours. are you ******* serious? nobody got upset at that?
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#52exactly987Posted 12/27/2012 3:29:40 PM
Haha, so amusing. Pretty much any dunce could have told you there'd be balance issues when people do 200k+ dps and health pools are closer to the 50k mark. Even with the damage reduction, this makes PvP matches boil down to an absurdly short interchange involving no player skill. It would've been a very dry experience. I'm sure it became evident during testing that certain class builds/combos were simply broken with the current setup. They're too lazy to undertake a full rebalancing for the PvP at this time. It'll probably come with the expansion would be my guess.
---
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
#53ryudo500Posted 12/27/2012 3:33:42 PM
exactly987 posted...
Haha, so amusing. Pretty much any dunce could have told you there'd be balance issues when people do 200k+ dps and health pools are closer to the 50k mark. Even with the damage reduction, this makes PvP matches boil down to an absurdly short interchange involving no player skill. It would've been a very dry experience. I'm sure it became evident during testing that certain class builds/combos were simply broken with the current setup. They're too lazy to undertake a full rebalancing for the PvP at this time. It'll probably come with the expansion would be my guess.

they had to have known that during mid production though. mid production they should have known PvE and PvP imbalances.

altho this game is and always has been a PvE game first. they had to have known. they should have come out and said, we will not have TD arenas due to the mechanics of hte game but we will bring dueling.
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#54EternalFlame66Posted 12/27/2012 3:35:38 PM
Team TDM will be a paid DLC
---
Such is your fate.
#55Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 3:38:27 PM
I have but one question:

- How hard would it be to have separate skill weapon damage percentages for PvAI and PvP?
.........ex. When you're farming Act 3 with a group of friends, X skill does 225% Weap Dmg. As soon as you enter PvP, every single skill's percentage changes based on fair balancing. X skill now does 65% Weap Dmg and so on. A table / list would be available to read every skill change on D3's website / in-game / ec.
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#56Nether_RulerPosted 12/27/2012 3:43:15 PM(edited)
I guess they should have taken advice from Bashiok's statement on PvP balance from 2011:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blue-on-pvp-balance/

Bashiok
We intend to get PvP as balanced as we can, because we want it to be fun and have some meaning to it. But, PvP balance is not an integral goal to releasing the game. We want PvP to be fun, not necessarily balanced to a razors edge. With the huge number of combinations per character compounded by team comps, balance is not going to be something we’d hold the game for. If we did it might never come out.

As Jay Wilson has pointed out, this sort of thing is why they’re designing the Arena around team play. 3v3 games (with multiple rounds per match) will allow teams to evolve strategies during each match to cover for each others weaknesses. 1v1 won’t be perfectly balanced, but it certainly wasn’t in D2, and plenty of people still had fun with it.

...What happened between then and now? :/
---
Powdered Toast Man
#57Emo Preppy KidPosted 12/27/2012 4:35:22 PM
**** yall
**** this game
**** jay Wilson

only reason i've still been playing it is because i've been waiting for pvp
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.
#58Kitchen SinkPosted 12/27/2012 4:36:33 PM
LOL 7 Months in and the answer to the PvP question is a 1v1 type duel?

And they're upfront and honest from the beginning? Seems they hid the truth from the players from the get go. Nothing was done remotely before launch other than the RMAH.
---
Flanders - I think we hit something
Homer - I hope it was Flanders
#59llaW_EnotsPosted 12/27/2012 4:46:27 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Translation: PvP requires too much thought and effort from our team of interns and Jay "I Have No Idea How to Make a Game" Wilson to handle. You're getting the PvP option that requires the least amount of work from us. Thanks for buying me an Audi, sheeple!

L o L
#60Phizzo89Posted 12/27/2012 4:57:19 PM
"From the words of JW himself!"

and I quote **** that loser.
---
"Double Your Gun.....Double The Fun" - Serious Sam