Diablo III PvP Update Blog is here! From the words of JW himself!

#61ChronoAcePosted 12/27/2012 6:20:38 PM
Yeah so in other words, we won't be seeing PvP for another 6 months or more.
#62SeikenZPosted 12/27/2012 6:32:38 PM
Just laughable, my God. Hahahah...
#63Twenty0nePosted 12/27/2012 7:18:28 PM
stupid thing is he actually hyped this announcement on his twitter
---
M's 2013
http://i.imgur.com/9WbAL.gif
#64RemakeMePosted 12/27/2012 8:01:48 PM
Here's how you balance arena PVP - you get everyones states and reduce/add depending on the variance and make all stats a medium between everyone's gear. then include a reduced damage sort of scenario for nephalem.

Then tweak SKILLS/PASSIVES for PVP separately from PVE as needed.
---
PSN=TwoCoiNs MvC3 teams - Main - Doom, Taskmaster, 2nd Tier - Haggar, Sentinel, Wesker, Tronne- 3rd tier Shehulk and Spencer.
#65ryudo500Posted 12/27/2012 8:05:45 PM
RemakeMe posted...
Here's how you balance arena PVP - you get everyones states and reduce/add depending on the variance and make all stats a medium between everyone's gear. then include a reduced damage sort of scenario for nephalem.

Then tweak SKILLS/PASSIVES for PVP separately from PVE as needed.

WoW had been doing the "reducing" stuff for years now.

while its not balanced its been effective and the best they can do
---
squaresoft
LAKERS & SPURS
#66dermoratrakenPosted 12/27/2012 8:21:22 PM
Pvp in d2 was largely a community effort. They found builds that worked and blizz had a minimal hand in balancing it. Usually their changes would either entirely remove a dueling spec or invent a new one. They weren't 'balance' changes. In d3 it's even easier to pvp because you don't have to level a whole new character just for a specific set of gear/stats and skills.

Additionally, none of the d2 pvpers that i know wanted this mmr system. It was a pvp community. We would stand around and talk and look at gear and trade and challenge each other. Blizz did a good job of ripping the community out of d3 (and sc2/wow) and turning it into a pure treadmill grinding game rather than a social experience.
#67LaManoNeraIIPosted 12/27/2012 8:59:51 PM
dermoratraken posted...
Pvp in d2 was largely a community effort. They found builds that worked and blizz had a minimal hand in balancing it. Usually their changes would either entirely remove a dueling spec or invent a new one. They weren't 'balance' changes. In d3 it's even easier to pvp because you don't have to level a whole new character just for a specific set of gear/stats and skills.

Additionally, none of the d2 pvpers that i know wanted this mmr system. It was a pvp community. We would stand around and talk and look at gear and trade and challenge each other. Blizz did a good job of ripping the community out of d3 (and sc2/wow) and turning it into a pure treadmill grinding game rather than a social experience.

And how are you going to do this in games that cap at FOUR players and are randomly selected for you by this terrible version of Bnet?
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#68Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:27:24 PM
It makes me wonder what Blizz has been doing for 2 months.

1.0.5 released on October 16th. Since then, they haven't added anything. (1.0.6 + 1.0.6a doesn't count because they're one-liners)

Could have definitely added PvP given 2 months time of nothing to do.
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#69EchoBeamPosted 12/27/2012 10:28:07 PM
This is hilarious. As someone said in their comments, the PvP update is basically saying there won't be any PvP soon (except for dueling). Hahah
#70Ryyaann_Is_Band(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 10:32:35 PM
Hot damn! Just went on the official forums and gold dropped to $0.21 cents now (third party) because of this PvP Blog update.
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193