Diablo III PvP Update Blog is here! From the words of JW himself!

#71AllHailTheDead6Posted 12/27/2012 11:00:48 PM
wooooow

im done with this game

honestly path of exile is where it is at and they don't pull bs like this
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#72GamingAntPosted 12/28/2012 1:56:56 AM
Sweet so dueling is back? Prefer that over arena pvp. Would prefer both though.
---
Bobcats 2013 NBA Champs. Dynasty Incoming.
#73GamingAntPosted 12/28/2012 1:58:20 AM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
honestly path of exile is where it is at and they don't pull bs like this

I lol'd.
---
Bobcats 2013 NBA Champs. Dynasty Incoming.
#74KarmicDragon1Posted 12/28/2012 2:31:34 AM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
It makes me wonder what Blizz has been doing for 2 months.

1.0.5 released on October 16th. Since then, they haven't added anything. (1.0.6 + 1.0.6a doesn't count because they're one-liners)

Could have definitely added PvP given 2 months time of nothing to do.

This is true. They did the same with WoW. From December 2011 to September 2012 they literally didn't touch the game at all. It's really weird. It's almost like they may be working on things that aren't all that obvious to stupid customers.

Did you know that Riot has 10+ champions for LoL in development at any given time? This, to you, probably comes off as "Oh, they release a champion then take a month off".

Self-improvement can only begin once one realises one may actually be wrong.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#75Lord HeimdallPosted 12/28/2012 4:10:09 AM
I couldn't care less about PvP. When I think about PvP I think about people calling losers "noobs", and winners "spoiled pay2win nerds"...

But let me give my 2 cents: how can you FIND effective duels when you don't have a game matchmaking? I mean, you can't expect to bump into pubs and find people willing to duel. Unless you duel people only from your friends' list.

Besides, the devs said that Team DM wasn't fun. I don't believe the test team is made only of people that dislike PvP, so there ARE issues. JW said the issues got worse when classes got twinked. Probably they are struggling to calculate damage factors for PvP, aside from what some skills work. I'd like to see from someone who tested TDM at BlizzCon if it was fun, and what was wrong back then.

Other than that, if Blizz don't release it they are "liars". If they released as it's now, they "release unfinished content". Such is the way of the world...
---
Currently playing: White Knight Chronicles 2, Skyrim [PS3], Diablo 3 [PC]
#76SeikenZPosted 12/28/2012 5:18:06 AM
Well, they clearly didn't have a problem with releasing an unfinished game in the first place either.

Now, every single time that I see them saying:

"but we don't want to put anything out there before it's ready"

I just crinch, if only they had treated the game itself that way.
#77djprofessork1Posted 12/28/2012 5:44:23 AM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
ryudo500 posted...
My brother has a point when I told him I was upset there were no arenas, he said it was a f2p game. which is true, but I also said that they have had 5 years of game development AND a GREAT reference point in WoW.

I honestly was sooo looking forward to a team deathmatch system in D III, it would be hard to implement for sure but hell they have guys over on the WoW team that could proly iron out a few things in that dept.

I do understand that people would be QQing if it WAS released, and broken, people would be saying "x years to develop this game and this is the final product" which is unfair to the devs.

either way, I hope they make some type of PvP team form. I think it would be fun.

I will assume this is some form of troll post.

I've never heard anyone on this board ever say they wanted team-based pvp over duelling, now you're all pretending like team-based pvp was the sole reason you bought Diablo 3. It's quite humorous but it also makes me lose faith in humanity.

This right here, can't believe I'm agreeing with Karmic.

but I could easily go dig up 100 posts of people saying "WoW arena doesn't belong in D3, give us dueling!" etc. Now that they cancel arena, everyone wanted it all of a sudden? You're all just bandwagoners who will hate on every single blog post.
---
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#78SeikenZPosted 12/28/2012 6:11:23 AM
djprofessork1 posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...
ryudo500 posted...
My brother has a point when I told him I was upset there were no arenas, he said it was a f2p game. which is true, but I also said that they have had 5 years of game development AND a GREAT reference point in WoW.

I honestly was sooo looking forward to a team deathmatch system in D III, it would be hard to implement for sure but hell they have guys over on the WoW team that could proly iron out a few things in that dept.

I do understand that people would be QQing if it WAS released, and broken, people would be saying "x years to develop this game and this is the final product" which is unfair to the devs.

either way, I hope they make some type of PvP team form. I think it would be fun.

I will assume this is some form of troll post.

I've never heard anyone on this board ever say they wanted team-based pvp over duelling, now you're all pretending like team-based pvp was the sole reason you bought Diablo 3. It's quite humorous but it also makes me lose faith in humanity.

This right here, can't believe I'm agreeing with Karmic.

but I could easily go dig up 100 posts of people saying "WoW arena doesn't belong in D3, give us dueling!" etc. Now that they cancel arena, everyone wanted it all of a sudden? You're all just bandwagoners who will hate on every single blog post.

You know what I think? I think that Blizzard should have made dueling available since the beginning. We haven't had dueling because they were so busy working on a PvP feature and now that they can't deliver on this PvP feature, they decide to put in dueling. Why not put duelling in from the start?

It's just Blizzard being stupid and people are rightly mad, because they could have had duelling months ago.
#79mrplanktomPosted 12/28/2012 6:59:59 AM
rjames80 posted...
NO! Epeen... is... shrinking. Must... have... PvP...

Yea, the only reason to have pvp would be epeen....riiiiiight.

You are the living embodiment of my signature.

ryudo500 posted...
WoW had been doing the "reducing" stuff for years now.

while its not balanced its been effective and the best they can do

Hey look it's that guy who said diablow 3 is a free game.

Now he says pandas is the best blizzturd can do.

Yikes!
---
There's no group of people more delusional than blizz fanboys. Including scientologists.
#80DakhanavarXPosted 12/28/2012 8:44:33 AM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163085/Diablo_III_PvP_Update_-12_27_2012

We've been working really hard on the features, content, and systems for PvP in Diablo III and I wanted to take some time to provide an update on where we're at. Of course, our goal has been to release our Team Deathmatch mode as soon as possible, but we don't want to put anything out there before it's ready. Right now, Team Deathmatch isn't yet where we want it to be, and I want to provide some insight into where we are at in the development process.

I see...
---
Member of the 8-Bit Playas: http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitPlayas
See my game collection: http://darkadia.com/member/Dakhanavar/library