Bought this game for the PVP

#1kingbadjoPosted 12/29/2012 8:38:29 PM
Yea I bought this game for the PvP (same reason why I got guild wars 2, and starctaft 2, and can't wait for it in dark souls 2), and even played the story mode with pvp in mind. Even my build is aimed toward PvP. I enjoy customizing and seeing how my builds fair against others. And guess what... PvP is coming out in 1.0.7. NOT 1.1. This is GREAT news to me. We were all expecting it in 1.1 and we were all waiting.

Yea I agree that blizzard sucked in developing this game and I am never never buying a game at launch for $60 again. We are now getting pvp ahead of when we were told (well... still not at launch) and I cannot wait. I don't care about team death match, my friends and girlfriend who play this will probably only hold me back anyways. I will enjoy destroying them and all of YOU in PvP and claim my rightful place as the king of diablo 3 on gamefaqs.

*flies away on unicorn-rocket-lion-jetski"
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2rizinbl00Posted 12/29/2012 8:48:19 PM
How do you buy a game for a feature that didn't ship....for almost a year?
#3Digital StormPosted 12/29/2012 8:50:27 PM
I'm confused as to why you'd run around with a PvP build in a game that contains exactly zero PvP elements.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#4rizinbl00Posted 12/29/2012 8:54:40 PM
No, troll post is obvious, I just questioned its integrity.
2/10 will not read again
#5Mad_Cow46Posted 12/29/2012 9:06:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:48:24 PM
"How do you buy a game for a feature that didn't ship....for almost a year"

I thought it was going to be launched much sooner.

"I'm confused as to why you'd run around with a PvP build in a game that contains exactly zero PvP elements."

I'm sure that we've all played PVP games for a while and have an idea of the basics of how they work. I made my character on my assumptions of what I thought PVP was going to be like and stuck to it. That way when it finally does come out the changes that I will have to make to my character won't be THAT significant.

"No, troll post is obvious, I just questioned its integrity.
2/10 will not read again"

Why is everything considered trolling?

"there is absolutely zero chance this game was purchased by any moron with the sole implication of PVP. If anyone did they are a stupid dumbass mother loving moronic idiot. Oh and they should read jay Wilsons posts and be thankful."

I'm the moron that bought it for PvP. I enjoy playing against others and would not have bought this game if there wasn't going to be PVP. With a game as easy as diablo 3 it would have been horrible if there wasn't any PVP imo. You can question me buying the game for pvp the same why I can question why you would buy it for the single player. The main story can be beaten in less than a week. They have the gimmick of 4 different difficulties and for what? Better gear? what would be the point of the getting the better gear then? especially with such a short story mode. 60$ for a week of gaming?

I enjoy building a character and challenging others. If you like the single player than that's great I'm glad you enjoy it but I find it weird that you cannot accept another point of view, as in someone buying this game because he thinks the pvp will be fun. I never played D2 so it means nothing to me if the game had a history of no pvp. I didn't play it back then. They announced pvp, and I liked the idea of creating my own character so I got the game.
---
#7kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:50:38 PM
Can't wait for the PVP hopefully next month. This is what I have been waiting for.
---
#8Mad_Cow46Posted 12/29/2012 11:51:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9kingbadjo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 11:57:46 PM
What's so moronic about hoping that it comes out next month? oh well... maybe you just didn't have a reply to my post before it and just needed to say something.
---
#10Mad_Cow46Posted 12/30/2012 12:12:59 AM(edited)
#1 PVP is only dueling. #2 if you bought D3 with the intent that PVP would be the 1337ness you are a moron.

Also nothing was promised in PVP when the gam was advertised so any griefing you did in D2 isn't going to happen
---
Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.