I don't even have an account for this game but got this...

#11red255Posted 12/31/2012 10:13:30 AM
Jiga35 posted...
My e-mail has about 100 of these phishing attempts in it.

Have not logged in since 1.02.

They must be really desperate for my measly 7m gold.

Oh well, can't has.

yeah my junk mail clears every like 7 days, but I have a ton of these in my folder last I checked.

and you wonder how they got the emails. likely blizzard sold them the information.

Never again blizzard. you will never again get any of my money. ever. you should have known that before you did such a horrible thing.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
#12Jiga35Posted 1/1/2013 7:55:40 PM
I have definitely wondered how they got my e-mail addy.

I really do not do anything related to diablo 3 or starcraft or any other blizzard game. I don't go to blizzrad sites or fan sites except gamefqs pretty much.

Yet I have more diablo 3 phishing emails than just about any other type of email.

If blizzard did sell the email addy...even more shame be upon them >_<
---
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.
#13JERM57Posted 1/1/2013 8:17:54 PM
Spammers don't need to comb for emails or buy lists all the time. They can also spam random emails using common names/words with numbers. E.g. - john123, john124, john 125 etc etc.
---
I guess you're right, I always assumed PK meant PvP. I never took it so literally. -- PenguinKoala. *actually admitted a mistake, shocker!*
#14Jiga35Posted 1/1/2013 8:43:43 PM
No doubt they can, but mine is fairly unusual I'd say. It's four words that make a sentence, so I would think that they would have to be fairly lucky to guess it.

What makes me suspect more that perhaps they gained some knowledge that it is connected to a diablo account is the sheer amount of these types of emails I have.

They are all similar in structure as well. Greetings, it has come to our attention that you did this or are trying that. You must login in and verify your account here, please provide accurate account info secret question and answer or your account will be closed - to parapharse.

Of course I've never done anything any of these emails accuse me of, when I played I strictly followed all rules, never bought gold or anything like that.

Nasty tactic on their part. Certainly they must have had some success using these emails, or I think they would be less persistant.
---
There is a no more intolerant lot on earth than those who ramble on the most about tolerance. In the name of tolerance they have become the most intolerant.
#15aLINKinthechainPosted 1/1/2013 9:05:38 PM
FlipManV3 posted...
KarmicDragon1 posted...
FlipManV3 posted...
Probably a fishing email then.
For some reason, people make pretty good fishing emails about Blizzard.
-

Yes, the www.blizzard.com address wasn't a dead giveaway.

?
Blizzard.com is Blizzard Entertainment's official site, I fail to see how it's a "dead giveaway".
-

It would be an email from battle.net, not "blizzard.com".
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.
#16gpo1zephyranthesPosted 1/1/2013 11:56:52 PM
They send that message to thousands of people and if 1% of them reply, it's a good day for the hackers.