1.07 patch notes (datamined)

#11kunaakPosted 1/14/2013 8:15:32 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
I dont get the WD change....

So now spirit vessel can pop twice in 90 seconds compared to once?

thier just changing the wording on the monk, witch doctor and wizard death saves, theres no actual change other then the wording.
---
skate fast, speed's your friend.
#12Xxlv20xXPosted 1/14/2013 8:47:47 PM
kunaak posted...

its only damage upgrades on skills no one really uses, no actual changes or fixs.

The whole point of the changes was to make the skills that weren't being used more attractive.
#13Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 1/14/2013 8:51:40 PM
My prediction:
- Datamined today, will be available to see them on DiabloFans by tonight
- PTR tomorrow (Tuesday the 15th)
- Actual patch next week (Tuesday the 22nd)
- Competes with Path of Exile going Open Beta (Wednesday the 23rd)

Blizz already did that with Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2 to compete with patches. So if you want to see when 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 will be, you just need to look up major releases/anything that will compete with D3.

It's coming true so far...

Gonna read it and form some opinions in another post.
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#14kunaakPosted 1/14/2013 9:16:30 PM(edited)
Xxlv20xX posted...
kunaak posted...

its only damage upgrades on skills no one really uses, no actual changes or fixs.

The whole point of the changes was to make the skills that weren't being used more attractive.

changing the damage of skills no one uses doesnt address the problems with monks.

monks are literally locked into 1 build, with no real option other then occassionally a odd monk swaps 1 skill for another, but you can still guess every monks spec without even looking at them.

mantra of conviction + overawe.
sweeping winds + cyclone.
fists of thunder + thunderclap.
serenity + ascension.
that blinding skill with the damage increaes....

one with everything + seize the initiative...

just because they increase the damage of a barely used skill doesnt change the fact that monks are still locked into one with everything, seize the initiative, mantra of conviction, sweeping winds, ect...

things like one with everything need to be addressed, cause monk gear is too low on resists by default, so without it, you will barely break 400-500 on any resist, so either you ignore legendary monk gear, or stack 1 resist + all resist on everything you can, just so you can get the 700-800 that other classes get with no real effort.
or the fact that STI is basically the only way to increase a monks armor rating, and even the best geared monks barely break 5k armor, while barbs easily hit 10k armor.

theres so many problems with both monks and wizards, that simply increasing DPS on barely used skills, simply doesnt address the problems in anything more then a bandaid sort of way.

its not much better with a wizard, while increasing living lightning and blizzard will make these skills alittle, theres problems like take a wizards most common passive in archon form - galvinizing ward - it only give 300 life regen - while barbs get 2% of thier life regen which is for most 1-2k life regen from that passive alone, things like galvanizing ward and vigaron need to be changed to % based life regen, and not flat regen, and they are about the stuck like that.

DHs get 1% life regen from brooding, us WDs get 1%, barbs get 2%... wizs get 320?

one of the biggest problems with a wiz is outside of a CM and archon spec, they are incredibly squishy cause thier defensive passives are horrible, and half of thier passives are useless.

theres so many problems... and damage increases dont address these at all.
---
#15Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 1/14/2013 9:35:02 PM(edited)
- Lol at Monk's Wave of Light (Wall of Light) change. Probably another Trail of Cinders "bug"
- Overall, I foresee Monks being almost on par with the more better classes in terms of damage with this new patch. They buffed so many Spirit Spenders. Not sure how this'll play out in the long run. Getting a big boost to damage and they're already a super-tank with OWE. Hmmm...might shift the balance, might not.

- Wizard passives buff still make them seem terrible
- Buff to Blizzard reminds me of the time I created a thread baiting people called "Blizzard sucks" with the first post saying "you can't even kill anything with it". Blizz probably listened.

Feel free to agree/disagree with some of this stuff.

EDIT:
I just wanted to round up some info I've stumbled upon from Blue Posts regarding 1.0.7:
- Cannot bring unID legendaries/sets into 1.0.7 PTR to ID them to check if they are good
- Demonic Essences will be of Rare quality when dropped (Yellow)
- You do not need Neph Valor for Demonic Essences to drop
- Only piece of armor requiring Brimstone to craft is the Amulet (Confirmed by datamined patchnotes)
- Salvaged Hellfire rings will give you a Brimstone. That sucks. I've salvaged close to 50 Hellfire Rings by now. Thanks Blizz!
- Uber versions of bosses do not have a chance to drop the new crafting stuff. Only "regular version" does
- New craftable items will salvage into regular Rare materials. No Brimstone/Demonic essence from salvaging them
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#16kunaakPosted 1/14/2013 9:22:56 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
- Lol at Monk's Wave of Light (Wall of Light) change. Probably another Trail of Cinders "bug"
- Overall, I foresee Monks being almost on par with the more better classes in terms of damage with this new patch. They buffed so many Spirit Spenders. Not sure how this'll play out in the long run. Getting a big boost to damage and they're already a super-tank with OWE. Hmmm...might shift the balance, might not.

- Wizard passives buff still make them seem terrible
- Buff to Blizzard reminds me of the time I created a thread baiting people called "Blizzard sucks" with the first post saying "you can't even kill anything with it". Blizz probably listened.

the interesting thing is the datamine notes have already wiped out the entire broker of "wave of light" SoJs.
they were dirt cheap, now you can barely find them with more then 2 crit buff, for like 20 million. someone already wiped them out from the broker cause of the incoming buff.
---
#17AzNmAsTeR07Posted 1/14/2013 9:50:22 PM
I'm pretty happy about the changes to Dashing Strike, Sweeping Wind, and especially Tempest Rush - it's no longer a build that's only viable in MP0-1 now.
---
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/phi/471580402.html
#18Xxlv20xXPosted 1/14/2013 9:55:12 PM
kunaak posted...

changing the damage of skills no one uses doesnt address the problems with monks.

monks are literally locked into 1 build, .

So improving other skills doesn't help solve the problem of being locked into one skill build? Do you realize that people aren't actually locked into one build?
#19MSIMagusPosted 1/14/2013 10:54:20 PM
*doesnt even care about class balance changes*

WOooooooo gems and crafting! Reflect Damage and Molten nerfs! Exp boosts! Looking good!
---
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen
Tea baggers keep saying they want their country back, well I say I want mine forward - Bill Maher
#20FlipManV3Posted 1/14/2013 11:16:40 PM
Didn't they say that other classes apart from Monks and Wizards will also get some changes?

The DH and WD got absolutely no change(unless we're reading Spirit Vessel wrong) and the Barbarian had one tiny change.
-
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.