Geez just how often do these keys drop anyway...?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Geez just how often do these keys drop anyway...?
3 years ago#1
I just did 4 runs of act 1 on MP5 with 5 stacks of NV and not a single one dropped.
I've already killed at least 6-7 other keywardens on various MPs without ever getting a single key.
Are they really that rare or am I just unlucky?
Granted I'm only Paragon level 9, so my MF isn't that high I guess =(.
GLACIER FTW
Coq
3 years ago#2
Once you've done over 1k runs your numbers will average out.
Don't worry. It gets better in act II. Also you should get better friends. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
3 years ago#3
100% on mp10 and 70% on mp9, 60% on mp8, 50% on mp7, 40% on mp5-6, 30% on mp 4, 20% on mp3, 10% on mp 1,2. pfftt.. Same goes for organs. This is true drop rate % based on 300 hours I spent on farming keys and uber runs.

Chance to roll ok hellfire ring? less than 5%.
3 years ago#4
Your Paragon level doesn't matter, the drop rate is only based on the monster power lever you're on.
3 years ago#5
I see, MF is actually completely irrelevant? I didn't know that.
GLACIER FTW
Coq
3 years ago#6
Master_Pwner posted...

For keys yes. It can be frustrating at times when a dry spell hits. Though, I have had keys drop on MP1 when I was just farming gold, so sometimes you can get lucky.
3 years ago#7
I did no more than 15 on MP0 in Acts 1,2, & 3 and got all keys. Now I need the plans.
3 years ago#8

It is.

Many people still believe in it when there are people with no MF gear on finding legendaries/sets very frequently or people doing MP1 Alk Routes finding legendaries/sets every run or even worse, both of them combined.
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
3 years ago#9
100% on mp10 and 70% on mp9, 60% on mp8, 50% on mp7, 40% on mp5-6, 30% on mp 4, 20% on mp3, 10% on mp 1,2. pfftt.. Same goes for organs. This is true drop rate % based on 300 hours I spent on farming keys and uber runs.

Chance to roll ok hellfire ring? less than 5%.

^This is not the real %s so take it with a grain of salt.

TC, you just got unlucky in that sample of runs. Keys will drop 50% of the time at MP5. Because of short term variance sometimes you get a key sometimes you don't. The 50% will work itself out in the long run.
http://i46.tinypic.com/29yhzzo.jpg
3 years ago#10
I feel your pain. Took me almost 2 weeks to gather my first set of 9 keys working mainly on mp1 and 2. I can comfortably do mp3 now, and tediously do mp4....even then, Act 3 keywarden drops for crap.
Tanthalus Leth Gunthar
www.youtube.com/TanthalusGunthar
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III
  3. Geez just how often do these keys drop anyway...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived