Is there any reason to play this over PoE?

#21RSmitPosted 2/8/2013 6:39:15 PM
No point in wasting a slot with a SC char.

A dead HC char in D3 doesn't take up a slot.

Oh, and in D3 I have 10 slots. How much does it cost you in PoE to have the same? Serious question, BTW.

---
"You are, in fact, the man." - Jifted Kid
Owner of negative bolts in Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando.
#22Mad_Cow46Posted 2/8/2013 6:40:29 PM
Fungum posted...
VA'ing, animations, physics, environments, combat, graphics, story, all of that is better in D3. No contest, it's simply much better in D3. That's why D3 is considered a AAA triple.

Economy, game play, aesthetics, fun factor, these are what are debatable between each game.

Customization is ever-so-slightly better in PoE. It's not some complex, insanely in-depth game like some want to believe. Both D3 and PoE are pretty blunt in their customization. PoE just has more open to each character.

so go play it and have it's babies if you love it so much.
---
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
#23RSmitPosted 2/8/2013 6:43:53 PM
Play both?

I know, it's a radical approach...

---
#24ignivim(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:54:37 PM(edited)
Mad_Cow46 posted...
"Why would anyone that plays HC continue playing in SC? I delete every char that dies, as do most HC players. No point in wasting a slot with a SC char."

Aww that's so cute.

So bitter xd

RSmit posted...
No point in wasting a slot with a SC char.

A dead HC char in D3 doesn't take up a slot.

Oh, and in D3 I have 10 slots. How much does it cost you in PoE to have the same? Serious question, BTW.

You get 24 for free. You can buy more for a few bucks. Also, I believe you paid $60 for D3?
#25Mad_Cow46Posted 2/8/2013 6:56:26 PM
You see I am an adult I have a job. $60 is peanuts to me. More importantly just go back to your rock as your are a bad troll.
---
#26ignivim(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:59:09 PM
Mad_Cow46 posted...
You see I am an adult I have a job. $60 is peanuts to me. More importantly just go back to your rock as your are a bad troll.

I just find it funny that you pay $60 and get only 10 slots, whereas with PoE you get 24 for free.
#27Mad_Cow46Posted 2/8/2013 7:02:59 PM
I find it funny you have to come to this board.
---
#28RSmitPosted 2/8/2013 7:03:34 PM
39.95 actually. I just assumed that you deleting your HC chars as soon as they're dead was due to slot limitations. That's why my question was serious.

Extra slots in F2P games are usually the first trick into making money from them, that's why I asked.

No need to go all defensive, it was just a question.

---
#29Logical_OnePosted 2/8/2013 7:38:46 PM
ignivim posted...
Mad_Cow46 posted...

I just find it funny that you pay $60 and get only 10 slots, whereas with PoE you get 24 for free.

Does that make up for having to pay for stash tabs? Or character dances--only reason I bring up the dance animations is because they are arguably the best looking in the game.

Either way, why would you need 24 slots in a game with only 6 character types--oh right, you have to re-roll because of the horrible +3, +6, +10 passive fest that could completely obliterate your character if miscalculated...

10 character slots for a game with only 5 character types (male and female) makes sense when you consider that re-rolling is both useless and a waste of time--everything is unlocked with each character as you beat the game.

As a person who loved D2 and paid for early access to PoE I can say--the only people who truly think PoE is a better game are those who are too poor to afford games and people who have an obsession with going against the grain. PoE is unpolished, has boring combat, a bland color scheme and a terrible community.

Speaking of the community--they love to bash D3 and Diablo as a whole meanwhile they play the most blatantly ripped off D2 clone I've ever played/seen in my life (minus the horribly ripped off Materia FF system).

Enjoy PoE--I know I tried--and didn't...
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#30FungumPosted 2/8/2013 7:48:40 PM
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Fungum posted...
VA'ing, animations, physics, environments, combat, graphics, story, all of that is better in D3. No contest, it's simply much better in D3. That's why D3 is considered a AAA triple.

Economy, game play, aesthetics, fun factor, these are what are debatable between each game.

Customization is ever-so-slightly better in PoE. It's not some complex, insanely in-depth game like some want to believe. Both D3 and PoE are pretty blunt in their customization. PoE just has more open to each character.

so go play it and have it's babies if you love it so much.

wait wut

I think you need to reread my post.