Wow, I can no longer connect to Diablo 3 at all in the evening...

#1EvocoPosted 2/8/2013 5:28:29 PM
...wtf???

I was having problems for 2 weeks and thought it was my router, well I decided to disconnect everything and just connect my main computer to my DSL modem directly to test out the connection.

As usual I am able to connect to Steam multiplayer games, Battlefield 3, load videos on Youtube etc. just fine.

But then when I try to load Diablo 3, my internet doesn't work at all. My DSL modem light blinks once every 10 seconds as if its idle. I can't even go beyond the "Initializing" part before it says "Game Is Up To Date" and allows me to click Play...What in the world do I do?

I thought maybe my router was throttling my connection if I had multiple computers on at the same time, and I thought maybe Verizon is throttling my service...but it seems neither is the case.

I have noticed though that I am able to play Diablo 3 just fine during last Saturday / Sunday during the day but it proceeds to lose the connection around 7 PM EST, and I am able to continue playing later that night around 11 PM.

Has anyone ever heard of this specific type of Diablo 3 connection problem. I am completely unable to go into Diablo in the evenings now...

Are there any fixes?

I am just hoping tomorrow morning I can go in and that it hasn't come down to me unable to connect to Diablo 3 anymore at all.
#2Evoco(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:34:56 PM
lol, wow.

Funny thing I just noticed, I tried googling Diablo 3 connection issues and tried going to the us.battle.net support center from there.

I cannot load into that site at all, my connection doesn't work at all if I try to go there, other things are running fine though like Youtube etc.

I can't even load battle.net website itself anymore.

I can understand that it seems to be a battle.net or blizzard issue, but I see nobody posting about any battle.net problems anywhere...I am nervous that this is an isolated issue with myself and may be hard to fix...
#3havok718Posted 2/8/2013 5:47:28 PM
Call your ISP
#4HydroCannabinolPosted 2/8/2013 7:23:27 PM
havok718 posted...
Call your ISP

Hahahahah good one. You've obviously never worked Tier 1 support. Or Tier 2 even for that matter.
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#5Evoco(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 7:33:32 PM(edited)
This cannot possibly be a ISP problem.

It has to be blizzard related, but I just don't know what to say considering I don't see anyone else with problems...talk about being screwed...lol...I have no idea what to do.

I can't even go on their website to browse their cusomer service center there.

I can only wait I suppose.
#6Mad_Cow46Posted 2/8/2013 7:34:15 PM
maybe you've been banned.
---
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful?
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
#7Slyster1181Posted 2/8/2013 8:22:14 PM
It could be a ISP problem.. I remember awhile back I couldnt connect to dslreports.com for weeks and it was on the isp end.
#8havok718Posted 2/8/2013 8:58:25 PM

It has to be blizzard related, but I just don't know what to say considering I don't see anyone else with problems...talk about being screwed...lol...I have no idea what to do.

How is it Blizzard related? Somewhere between you and Blizzard there is an issue. That has nothing to do with Blizzard. Their service is not down. A conflict between your ISP and Blizzard has to be solved by your ISP, because they're the ones you are paying to connect to stuff.
#9HydroCannabinolPosted 2/9/2013 9:00:08 AM
havok718 posted...

How is it Blizzard related? Somewhere between you and Blizzard there is an issue. That has nothing to do with Blizzard. Their service is not down. A conflict between your ISP and Blizzard has to be solved by your ISP, because they're the ones you are paying to connect to stuff.

You seem to think that connection issues are either the fault of the ISP or the server you're connecting to.

lolo
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#10blacklabelicePosted 2/9/2013 10:35:42 AM
nope. must totally be all blizzards fault.. herpa derpa. ive been connected for days now.

check your firewall. contact your isp. it could even be your routing tables or nat.