Is a full tank viable in Inferno?

#1TCrinaleTPosted 2/15/2013 12:59:39 PM
I was thinking perhaps if you equip a follower with very damaging items it could be doable? Like you would rely on your follower to do most of the damage?

I remember when I played this game some months ago it seemed not very likely because followers damage was quite insignificant, but since they added so many patches/weapons perhaps it could be possible now.

I've been browsing the board and came across these "enchantress + maximus" threads and they kept me wondering... is the damage of the summoned demons substantial enough to allow for a full tank character or you still need to do most of the damage? (talking about inferno).
#2Sasquatch8080Posted 2/15/2013 1:00:35 PM
TCrinaleT posted...
I was thinking perhaps if you equip a follower with very damaging items it could be doable? Like you would rely on your follower to do most of the damage?

I remember when I played this game some months ago it seemed not very likely because followers damage was quite insignificant, but since they added so many patches/weapons perhaps it could be possible now.

I've been browsing the board and came across these "enchantress + maximus" threads and they kept me wondering... is the damage of the summoned demons substantial enough to allow for a full tank character or you still need to do most of the damage? (talking about inferno).

You are not going to get much damage out of your follower, and I guess you could tank. Just expect really slow results unless you play with other people...
---
Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sasquatch80-1868/
"And the rain will kill us all if we throw ourselves against the wall."
#3funkyfritterPosted 2/15/2013 1:02:35 PM
You can pretty easily tank up to the point where nothing can kill you, but there's no way to make up for the lack of killing power. It's slow going unless you go with a party and take the hits while your friends dish out the damage.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#4EternalFlame66Posted 2/15/2013 1:05:09 PM
You can tank by stacking damage with lifesteal. More damage = more tanking ability at the same time.
---
Such is your fate.
#5RizzonaterPosted 2/15/2013 1:13:42 PM
EternalFlame66 posted...
You can tank by stacking damage with lifesteal. More damage = more tanking ability at the same time.

That's the DH mentality you crazy wizard
---
VT 4-16-07 Never Forget. Go Hokies!!
PSN & GT: Rizzonater
#6EternalFlame66Posted 2/15/2013 1:15:29 PM
Rizzonater posted...
EternalFlame66 posted...

Hehe!
---
Such is your fate.
#7DivineWraithPosted 2/15/2013 3:24:46 PM
Revenge barb for tanking is fun. Haven't played with that build in so long.
#8J1miPosted 2/17/2013 1:16:15 AM
DivineWraith posted...
Revenge barb for tanking is fun. Haven't played with that build in so long.

try this: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bulletti-2142/hero/432137

depending on Bash buff SoJ or not, revenge hits for 450k to 900k with my gear.
Critical Rend ticks 150k with soj on whites, 225k on elites without bash buff.

Meaning you heal about 5k per second.
---
''I enjoy it... There's something mildly therapeutic about beating the **** out of something with a golf club.'' -Burn-the-light
#9Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 2/17/2013 7:57:56 AM

Lmao so true.
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193