Diablo 3 offline?

#1Mad_Cow46Posted 2/26/2013 11:10:33 PM
What would be so good about it? I've played many hours with a few good players from this board and had 100x more fun than when soloing. That is not to say I don't like playing alone though.
---
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful? Laughing at PoEsers since 1/23/2013.
Sometimes, ignorance truly can be bliss.
#2themaster627Posted 2/26/2013 11:22:23 PM
Ability to play Hardcore without worrying of a disconnect wiping all of your progress.

Ability to play while traveling with no internet connection.

Ability to play period if your area has a connection too unstable to play something online-only.

Why is this even a question?
---
All weapons are ripped off from some caveman that threw rocks at his wife. -jappur2803
#3MMF_LegacyPosted 2/26/2013 11:24:44 PM
I'd play more with you Cow but I got midterms this week and I vowed not to click on the D3 launcher...my mouse pointer is drifting as we speak. I have to use both hands to move the cursor. One to click things, and the other to counter-act the aggressive pull. In fact I shouldn't even be talking to you. *goes to study
#4MMF_LegacyPosted 2/26/2013 11:27:28 PM
themaster627 posted...
Ability to play Hardcore without worrying of a disconnect wiping all of your progress.

Okay, so it's a matter of cheating death?

So it's a way of making a character that, once you get home, will no longer be of use to you?

Ability to play period if your area has a connection too unstable to play something online-only.

One of the many reasons why you shouldn't go out and by a online-rpg
#5Mad_Cow46(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:18:16 AM
MMF_Legacy posted...
I'd play more with you Cow but I got midterms this week and I vowed not to click on the D3 launcher...my mouse pointer is drifting as we speak. I have to use both hands to move the cursor. One to click things, and the other to counter-act the aggressive pull. In fact I shouldn't even be talking to you. *goes to study

I know we gotta break your new barb in :p.
---
I've found better friends in piles of excrement. Aren't you thankful? Laughing at PoEsers since 1/23/2013.
#6Mad_Cow46(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 12:20:15 AM
themaster627 posted...

Why is this even a question?

I can totally understand the Internet issue but wouldn't most people be playing in the closed side of online like closed battlenet back in the day?
---
#7jake-sfPosted 2/27/2013 12:57:02 AM
The ensuing mod support is the most relevant point to me. You think I'd play D2 still if it had its crappy drop rates?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#8themaster627Posted 2/27/2013 1:56:59 AM
MMF_Legacy posted...
Okay, so it's a matter of cheating death?

... What? That doesn't make any sense. A lot of people would prefer losing a character to their own skill, not a random disconnect. Where did cheating death come in?

So it's a way of making a character that, once you get home, will no longer be of use to you?

Why would they not be able to continue playing the character(s) offline once home? Some people travel a lot and take entertainment with them. Not everybody is you, and not everybody cares about being online at all and would love the opportunity to play it wherever, whenever.

One of the many reasons why you shouldn't go out and by a online-rpg

F***ing obviously, yes, but this is about if the game had an offline mode, which it now actually will on the PS3/4. Suddenly these people are able to buy and play the game, generating even more money for Blizzard. Isn't that magical?

jake-sf posted...
The ensuing mod support is the most relevant point to me. You think I'd play D2 still if it had its crappy drop rates?

Oh, this too. I forgot all about this as a relevant point, assuming online-only was the only thing holding back modding.

Also, sorry mad cow, but I am not experienced with the older battlenet system to be able to respond to you well enough.
---
All weapons are ripped off from some caveman that threw rocks at his wife. -jappur2803