why dont i hate this game as much as everyone tells me I should?

#201julbull73Posted 3/27/2013 3:04:37 PM
ARe you guys just pretending to care to get this to 500? Because if you are...

I TOTALLY WILL HELP!
#202MarikhenPosted 3/27/2013 3:34:18 PM
I'm not a smart man, but I can lift heavy objects. I never said otherwise.

Of course it begs the question of what you being able to lift heavy objects has to do with anything. Any nimrod who can push and pull levers and pedals can lift heavy objects, it's called a crane/backhoe/pulley/lever/trebuchet.

You, on be other hand just has a bad taste in games.And e-friends. Ppl that listen to Madcow or agree with him automatically lose 10% Intellect .

Yeah, I wouldn't talk about people suffering brain trauma when reading others' posts were I you.

if you guys who defend this game and played D2 in the past when it was released, till the expac, and still have good things to say about D3 in anyway besides graphics, your parents must have dropped you on the head as a child.

Diablo 3 has better voice acting than Diablo 2. I know it's too "mainstream" to be "cool" in some circles, but after reading subtitles on a lot of anime it's nice to be able to play games without being forced to read everything there too and worry I might miss something in a different portion of the screen.

For that matter Diablo 3's quests are better, or at the very least more numerous. Diablo 2's change to purely static questing was a bad move to/for me, and while Diablo 3 hasn't really done much to change that it's at least managed to improve the situation compared to Diablo 2.

If you think this game is good, you have no clue how the true old school Diablo fans think.

And here I thought I was a "true old school Diablo fan" given that I've been playing, and loving, them since Diablo's release and have played every one of them including the PSX port of Diablo.

Actually I'd pay 60 bucks for a copy/paste of the old D2 patch 1.13 with this engine.

You'd be overpaying as it would be worth maybe the $40 that Blizzard was charging for it for so very, very long.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#203Mad_Cow46Posted 3/27/2013 3:42:19 PM
Oh this has win written all over it.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#204CoontemptusPosted 3/27/2013 4:26:27 PM
Dottled posted...
Coontemptus posted...

I hope you're joking. Any CoD game or AC game has loads more content than diablo 3. D3 is only 3.5 levels long. You can complete all the content in a few hours.

Every CoD game since 4 has had the exact same content, just reskinned. Same with AC to a lesser extent.

Oh, I see you've never played either game in either series, but decided to put your two cents in anyway.

Thanks for nothing :)
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#205julbull73Posted 3/28/2013 6:35:31 AM
Coontemptus posted...
Dottled posted...
Coontemptus posted...

I hope you're joking. Any CoD game or AC game has loads more content than diablo 3. D3 is only 3.5 levels long. You can complete all the content in a few hours.

Every CoD game since 4 has had the exact same content, just reskinned. Same with AC to a lesser extent.

Oh, I see you've never played either game in either series, but decided to put your two cents in anyway.

Thanks for nothing :)

Lol CoD hasn't changed since MW 1 came out. It literally is reskin after reskin after reskin...then they added zombies, which was cool. Then reskin....

I'm assuming AC is Assassian's Creed to which I say yeah that's silly, it's a different game each time with different settings and tools and mechanics.
#206MetlGearPIkachuPosted 3/28/2013 8:42:21 AM
D3 has highlighted what I think is the real problem in gaming. Gamers don't truly want anything new. I mean think about it people bash CoD for being the same game just different textures yet in this very topic people are wishing D3 was just like D2. So it's honestly the consumer's fault for this stagnation.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TjFAK.jpg http://i.imgur.com/N0HGx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tnGo0.png http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/683/ibukiunmask.jpg
#207julbull73Posted 3/28/2013 9:02:31 AM
MetlGearPIkachu posted...
D3 has highlighted what I think is the real problem in gaming. Gamers don't truly want anything new. I mean think about it people bash CoD for being the same game just different textures yet in this very topic people are wishing D3 was just like D2. So it's honestly the consumer's fault for this stagnation.

It is.

But the actual problem, and this is true of all mass media devices (TV, Movies, Music etc.) is that it's near impossible to reward risk and in fact it's typically punished.

Example: Lost. Most expensive show/ensemble was greenlit on a "risk" decision. The pilot was one of the most expensive to date. The show went on to be a massive success. The executive who green lit it, FIRED!

See, if a studio attempts to step outside of the current mold, they typically fail. Which is fine, that's how risks work. You try, you fail, you learn, then you improve. However in this case, nobody in mass media moves beyond you fail and then they start over.

Now most executives claim that's the independents job, but that's ridiculous. Since they have even more exposure to risk. EA can afford thousands of failures and still stay alive, heck they do already.

Independent studios often fold if their one game is a flop.
#208MarikhenPosted 3/28/2013 10:21:17 AM

Not everyone in the various Diablo 3 complaint topics wish "D3 was just like D2" though. While a lot of the things that players say they want are things that Diablo 2 did or had many of them can also be considered common sense desires. Off-line gaming and a map that doesn't actively hinder your movement are two big ones. Likewise wanting more randomized content (read that as quests/stories/maps, not just items) goes back to Diablo rather than Diablo 2 which had static quests/plot issues.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#209julbull73Posted 3/28/2013 12:19:13 PM
Marikhen posted...

Not everyone in the various Diablo 3 complaint topics wish "D3 was just like D2" though. While a lot of the things that players say they want are things that Diablo 2 did or had many of them can also be considered common sense desires. Off-line gaming and a map that doesn't actively hinder your movement are two big ones. Likewise wanting more randomized content (read that as quests/stories/maps, not just items) goes back to Diablo rather than Diablo 2 which had static quests/plot issues.

Yeah, but the majority of gamers, well outside of D3's fanbase do just want rehash and recycled content. With a higher number after the original title.

Or they complain about how it was so failtastic!
#210Mad_Cow46Posted 3/28/2013 12:41:56 PM
It's true. Just look at CoD and Assassins Creed.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?