So are the console controllers going to make this easier?

#1xKANONxPosted 3/25/2013 2:09:04 PM
I mean, it just seems like having direct control over your characters movement is going to make it much easier to kite/evade stuff, isn't it? What are the advantages of using the mouse and keyboard over a controller?
#2Fafnir_SturmPosted 3/25/2013 2:39:01 PM
Easier to aim.
---
Pardon me, I have Scuderia
#3Mad_Cow46Posted 3/25/2013 2:39:54 PM
Lol
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#4Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 3/25/2013 2:43:08 PM
What are the advantages of using the mouse and keyboard over a controller?

Absolutely none at all. Along with being easier to kite and evade, certain skills that require precision aiming on the PC version will likely be auto-attack on the console version, making it that much better.

Skills like Leap, Teleport, and Spike Trap will just be auto-aimed for you.

Good to know we're just beta-testing it for the console players.
---
Ryyaann_Is_Band is warned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#5Motions_NLPosted 3/25/2013 4:13:48 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
What are the advantages of using the mouse and keyboard over a controller?

Absolutely none at all. Along with being easier to kite and evade, certain skills that require precision aiming on the PC version will likely be auto-attack on the console version, making it that much better.

Skills like Leap, Teleport, and Spike Trap will just be auto-aimed for you.

Good to know we're just beta-testing it for the console players.

I thought you switched to PoE long ago...
---
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Motions-2564/
#6RocketdotPosted 3/25/2013 8:09:00 PM
Auto aimed skills is not a step up. At some point in time the AI is going to do what you didn't intend to do.

A silly little evade that doesn't move you any faster than normal running isn't going to help when you actually need it. Especially if enemy attacks are programmed the same way, which is to say they hit automatically if the enemy begins their attack animation while they are close to you. And then you still get hit 35 yards away after you have vaulted / teleported / etc.

And dealing with loot on the ground / menus with a controller? No thanks.
#7ZorlacPosted 3/25/2013 9:03:46 PM
Rocketdot posted...
Auto aimed skills is not a step up. At some point in time the AI is going to do what you didn't intend to do.

A silly little evade that doesn't move you any faster than normal running isn't going to help when you actually need it. Especially if enemy attacks are programmed the same way, which is to say they hit automatically if the enemy begins their attack animation while they are close to you. And then you still get hit 35 yards away after you have vaulted / teleported / etc.

And dealing with loot on the ground / menus with a controller? No thanks.

Loot was easier than expected in torchlight 2, I'm sure they'll work it out here too.
---
And The Vampire was all that remained on the blood drowned creation.
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666. Steam-Zorlac666