The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why is it so much easier to solo than group?

#1Dionex247Posted 3/26/2013 9:25:21 PM
When I solo, I can kill faster and get through the Act quicker.

Is it because I am teaming with lazy/newb players do dont contribute to damage?

Or is grouping really that flawed?
#2bubbaXPosted 3/26/2013 9:46:27 PM
when people join the monsters get harder
so it's possible your team mates aggro the groups and not contributing enough.
---
Mad Cartoonist is the very best dissida player ever!
#3lowlifeboyPosted 3/26/2013 10:16:57 PM
Dionex247 posted...
When I solo, I can kill faster and get through the Act quicker.

Is it because I am teaming with lazy/newb players do dont contribute to damage?

Or is grouping really that flawed?

some people don't belong in the mp level they play on. so it's possible that could be the solution. also it's supposed to be harder with more players that way people don't abuse the system. btw a person who is inferior doesn't make then a noob.
---
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!
#4FolkenRawrPosted 3/26/2013 10:32:07 PM
noob=/=newb
---
I clean bird**** out of cuckoo clocks for a living.
#5MSN 04 SazabiPosted 3/27/2013 2:56:53 AM
its because d3 is designed poorly for coop

if you are strong enough it is better to solo farm because its more efficient. you don't have to wait for others, you don't have to worry about monsters having extra hp because the other guy is iding in town, monsters aggro on you making it easier to aoe them down, etc

blues have said they're going to try to come up with ways that make coop more attractive tho
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#6Lord HeimdallPosted 3/27/2013 4:31:06 AM
^^^ So, you're blaming the devs because people don't feel like playing as a team (i.e. people that join but just "leech")?
---
Currently playing: White Knight Chronicles 2 [PS3], Diablo 3 [PC]
#7IsiliaPosted 3/27/2013 5:04:16 AM
It isn't the dev's fault that leeches/morons join and just sit there in town pondering the meaning of life. However, it's still insane how much harder the enemies are if you do not have a well-oiled team. When you do have a competent team, nothing will stand in your way and it will be about the same as soloing. That's the problem right there. Weapons like echoing fury just encourage solo play unless you're in the group to troll (or in a group with all monks with FoT:TC)

Real life happens to even the best of teams: phone rings, someone is at the door, cat is in the microwave again, etc. It shouldn't be impossible for the remaining members to still at least hold the fort down while that person takes care of RL stuff. Not to mention on the higher MPs the HP scaling is ridiculous (MP10 extra health goat wizards, ugh).

They should make new equipment that encourages party play:

- Rings/Amulets that provide a shrine's effect (cannot stack with other players with same equipment but potency increases with each member). Imagine having full time fleeting shrine and frenzy shrine!

- Set equipment that boosts GF/MF/Exp beyond the cap in party play (20/40/60%) and becomes a possible BIS when in a group (Starting stats low; boosted with party use)

- Weapons that have a vacuum effect (cyclone strike) to keep enemies always close to the party; a countermeasure to the echoing fury

All of these would at least make partying more fun
#8Mad_Cow46Posted 3/27/2013 6:05:48 AM
Well the cut throat nature of the loot system keeps players from wanting to group. Oh wait ....
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#9darkwizard3533Posted 3/27/2013 6:06:50 AM
brb, gotta get my cat out of the microwave.
#10MSN 04 SazabiPosted 3/27/2013 1:20:19 PM
Lord Heimdall posted...
^^^ So, you're blaming the devs because people don't feel like playing as a team (i.e. people that join but just "leech")?

Yes I am? When you make a game that doesn't promote or require coop then yeah, it's the devs fault.

You don't even need to play as a team to farm efficiently. Esp when barbs solo everything just fine and don't bring much to a coop team.
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella