Why is it so much easier to solo than group?

#11MSN 04 SazabiPosted 3/27/2013 2:20:20 PM
Lord Heimdall posted...
^^^ So, you're blaming the devs because people don't feel like playing as a team (i.e. people that join but just "leech")?

Yes I am? When you make a game that doesn't promote or require coop then yeah, it's the devs fault.

You don't even need to play as a team to farm efficiently. Esp when barbs solo everything just fine and don't bring much to a coop team.
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#12bubbaXPosted 3/27/2013 2:33:43 PM
Isilia posted...
cat is in the microwave again.

All of these would at least make partying more fun

This
---
Mad Cartoonist is the very best dissida player ever!
#13Mad_Cow46Posted 3/27/2013 2:46:32 PM
I've got some bad ass players that I group with. You just need better friends TC.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#14FlyingholePosted 3/27/2013 3:05:59 PM
FolkenRawr posted...
noob=/=newb

It doesn't? Is one for bad player and the other for new player? And if so, which is which?
---
And so he spoke, and so he spoke...
That Lord of Cast-a-mere
#15Lord HeimdallPosted 3/27/2013 3:14:11 PM
MSN 04 Sazabi posted...
Yes I am? When you make a game that doesn't promote or require coop then yeah, it's the devs fault.

You don't even need to play as a team to farm efficiently. Esp when barbs solo everything just fine and don't bring much to a coop team.

Still, the option is there. So, if everyone can handle itself, playing co-op is motivated exclusively by fun. Then, it really doesn't help if party members are jerks.

Besides, you're assuming everyone enjoys teaming up. In this case, it cannot be the other way around, like as if they added benefits for co-op play that "punish" (or are inaccessible to) the player that prefers to solo.

People are complaining (myself included) that there's no offline mode. How could they add offline mode if you're required to go multiplayer to gain access to certain content?

Oh wait... They did that before with Uber Trist.
---
Currently playing: White Knight Chronicles 2 [PS3], Diablo 3 [PC]
#16IsiliaPosted 3/27/2013 4:21:14 PM
True story! When I played FFXI and was in a party someone's excuse was in the microwave and he had to leave.

It was so hilarious we decided not to start swearing in global chat as a goblin tore us a new one (he was the healer).
#17Dionex247(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:05:27 PM
FFXI brings back good memories :)

Valkurm Dunes... Quifin (sp) island

Seeking LFG and so excited to see a purple message asking if u need a party

I wish more games emphasize group play
#18MSN 04 SazabiPosted 3/27/2013 11:30:00 PM
Lord Heimdall posted...
Still, the option is there. So, if everyone can handle itself, playing co-op is motivated exclusively by fun. Then, it really doesn't help if party members are jerks.

Besides, you're assuming everyone enjoys teaming up. In this case, it cannot be the other way around, like as if they added benefits for co-op play that "punish" (or are inaccessible to) the player that prefers to solo.

lolwat when did i say anything about people enjoying teaming up? I just said there's no incentive.

And why do you think they haven't implemented anything yet? They don't want to make coop mandatory for loners, but still have to make it rewarding instead of punishing. This is all stuff blues have stated..
---
I'll defend my family with my orange umbrella
#19CoontemptusPosted 3/28/2013 12:24:15 AM
If you think solo is easier, you're doing it wrong.

The game is absolutely trivialized when you add multiple people to a single player game.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#20Mad_Cow46Posted 3/28/2013 3:53:21 AM
Coontemptus posted...
If you think solo is easier, you're doing it wrong.

The game is absolutely trivialized when you add multiple people to a single player game.

You don't even know what you are talking about.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?