Mr. Wilson: "Auction Houses hurt the game"

#1GoIrish80Posted 3/28/2013 1:29:08 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/28/diablo-3-director-jay-wilson-auction-houses-really-hurt-game/

D

U

H

---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#2TanthalasPosted 3/28/2013 1:41:01 PM
Maybe this is the reason that the console version won't have an AH.

In other news, I think that 1 million individual people playing D3 per day (3 million per month) is interesting considering that there were people claiming that no one played the game anymore. That figure is really good for a game that's practically one year old and barely had any true content being added.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#3therickmu25Posted 3/28/2013 1:43:17 PM
"Wilson said that before Blizzard launched the game, the company had a few assumptions about how the Auction Houses would work: He thought they would help reduce fraud, that they'd provide a wanted service to players, that only a small percentage of players would use it and that the price of items would limit how many were listed and sold.".....

-__-

"But he said that once the game went live, Blizzard realized it was completely wrong about those last two points."...

-___________-

"I think we would turn it off if we could," Wilson said during his talk. But the problem is "not as easy as that;" with all of Blizzard's current players, he says the company "has no idea" how many players like the system or hate it."

-_______________________________-

Glad to see you're still a moron Jay.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#4LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/28/2013 1:44:15 PM
Tanthalas posted...
Maybe this is the reason that the console version won't have an AH.

In other news, I think that 1 million individual people playing D3 per day (3 million per month) is interesting considering that there were people claiming that no one played the game anymore. That figure is really good for a game that's practically one year old and barely had any true content being added.

Just like 13 million people play WoW, huh? Anyone who plays either game can tell you from experience those figures aren't truthful.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#5TanthalasPosted 3/28/2013 1:45:50 PM
Just like 13 million people play WoW, huh? Anyone who plays either game can tell you from experience those figures aren't truthful.

Well, personally, I think Blizzard has more credibility than "random person on the internet" to say how many players actually play their game.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#6Mad_Cow46Posted 3/28/2013 1:46:42 PM
I actually like being able to go shopping.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#7LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/28/2013 1:47:23 PM
Tanthalas posted...

Well, personally, I think Blizzard has more credibility than "random person on the internet" to say how many players actually play their game.

Right because players have so much to gain by lying about how many people play a game and Blizzard doesn't.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#8TanthalasPosted 3/28/2013 1:49:19 PM
Tanthalas posted...

Right because players have so much to gain by lying about how many people play a game and Blizzard doesn't.

Yeah, its not like that there are internet trolls!
---
#9rjames80Posted 3/28/2013 1:50:47 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Tanthalas posted...

I think Blizzard would be more likely to know how many people are actually logging on to their games than anybody else would.
---
Peter Sullivan: Why are you always smiling?
Connor Rooney: 'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical. - Road to Perdition
#10therickmu25Posted 3/28/2013 1:51:05 PM
Tanthalas posted...

Sure, a huge company would never lie about something they totally could lie about and not get in trouble for.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg